Arrrgghh! They Postponed My Date! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Arrrgghh! They Postponed My Date! Arrrgghh! They Postponed My Date!

Unread 04-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Arrrgghh! They Postponed My Date!

How incredibly aggravating. I just found out today ( 2 days prior to my surgery date) that they postponed my surgery date to the 20th. It's bad enough that I am constantly thinking about it, now I have a whole extra week to worry about it. Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the prolapse and the issues that go along with that.. sorry but just had to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2006, 06:55 PM

Doesn't that just drive you crazy?

It makes you wonder if Drs. realize the emotional preparation this all takes.

Keep yourself busy this week, and do something nice for you!

Blessings,

Jeannie
Unread 04-11-2006, 07:32 PM

Waiting. There is nothing in the world quite like it. Especially this kind of waiting. Here are some "waiting things" that seem to take extra time. Feel free to use some of them to help the extra days go by.
1.Go to the DMV & ask for a replacement liscense.
2.Wait till your really hungry and order a pizza
3.Go grocery shopping at noon on Saturday
4.Call the cable repairman
5. Get in line at the post office
6. Visit any doctors waiting room
7. Wait for the mailman to bring your tax return.
(Does anybody get those anymore?

On a serious note; I really hate this for you. Please find some pleasureable things to fill your time. Also, you may benefit from anti-anxiety medication; the nights can be awfully long.

Positive thoughts for a successful surgery,
Beachball
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2006, 08:15 PM

Brutal.

I feel for you, Mega. Vent away!

s and more s
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:23 PM

Thanks for the smile. You forgot---------order an appliance or furniture and wait for delivery, oh and ------call a contractor for an estimate and see if they actually show up.
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:26 PM

I can not imagine how frustrated you must be. Sometimes I just want to call my Dr.'s office and tell them "you know I have cancer, why are you making me wait?!!!!" Then I realize he is an oncologist and all his patients have cancer. It is so aggravating that there is so much waiting in this process!!
Unread 04-11-2006, 10:02 PM

Oh, Meg, I am so sorry to hear this! Yes, these doctors are torturous aren't they? Well, we always say the waiting is the worst part.

How's this for another diversion? Spring cleaning! Aarrgghhh! By the time I get "motivated" for spring cleaning, it's August!

Well, let us know how you are doing. Best,
Unread 04-11-2006, 11:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear this. Mine was put off and put off and then put off some more... after 4 months they finally did it... i hope u find something to keep u busy and all the best
Unread 04-12-2006, 07:32 AM

Dear Meg,

My hyster was postponed by one day, and I was so aggravated about that! Especially since I had already done the bowel prep and had to do it twice.

I have to tell you, though, that I noticed something unfortunate about your original surgery date. Tomorrow is the first day of Passover, and this weekend is Easter. Not really the best time to have surgery and be in the hospital since doctors and nurses are busy with family and religious stuff. It's best not to do these things during holidays.

As for your other post about regaining your abs, don't forget that you are having lap, so that will help exponentially in your recovery.

Good luck with the waiting. I hope you will also have some family celebrating to do this weekend to take your mind off the process. We are having my kids and their spouses over tonight for a seder, and our out of town relatives are coming on Sunday for a really big dinner.
Unread 04-13-2006, 03:44 AM

After three different doctors (changes all because of doctors leaving the practice) I finally had a date "scheduled" for April 18. yesterday I went for my pre-op visit and the doctor casually said, "Okay, we have this scheduled for April 25th." I almost fell in the floor. I had already made arrangements for someone to watch my 4 dc's, my mother-in-law had already bought tickets to come up, and now she tells me April 25th! Needless to say, my husband wasn't very happy with me. Said I needed to "demand that they do it on the 18th." (Guess a little of "sorry, honey, we'll manage" would have been nice, but he hasn't been very supportive through this whole ordeal, just sort of "handle it woman" type of guy.) I think the whole thing was a mess because of dealing with insurance, and stuff. but, anyway, now I have to reschedule my life again, and worst of all call my mother-in-law and try to change her tickets. Seems like I am a real pain in the you-know-where to everyone right now, maybe a pistol to the head would be easier on everyone. I can't believe I have to wait a whole week. The anxiety of the unknown is already unbearable and I am not sure how I will handle another week. Also, hope I can get recovered by June 1 when we have to leave the country for 4 years. Boy, life stinks sometimes, huh?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register