Post Op Pains/Three Weeks Out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op Pains/Three Weeks Out Post Op Pains/Three Weeks Out

Unread 04-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Post Op Pains/Three Weeks Out

Hi Guys! I am semi new to this site. I am 36, single, and other than having thyroid disease had been overly healthy. Figuring I had gained about 40 pounds due to the thyroid disorder(I had two surgeries to remove the thyroid and it is gone), I didn't think much the swelling in my abdomen other than being fat.

On March 18, I couldn't take the pain and just felt weird, so I drove myself to the emergency room. There after some bloodwork and a vaginal exam, the doctor felt like I had a fibroid tumor and an enlarged uterus. I went to an ob/gyn on Monday.

My doctor looked at the sonogram and did some tests. She told me I had an unexplainable mass surrounding my right ovary as well as endometrosis in my uterus and a polyp on the left side. We talked some more and she scheduled me for emergency surgery on that Friday(March 24).

She said they would remove the mass, kind of wait and see what the pathologist said and if everything was clear, would just close me up. We talked some more and decided to do the full hysterectomy(abdominal).And not wait for the pathologist.

Surgery went well, and the hospital stay was okay.

I had an incision that went straight down instead of side to side, and there were staples. They took the catherter(sp) out on Saturday. Boy was I glad. No bm movements while I was in the hospital. In fact, I didn't have one I think until Tuesday or Wednesday while I was at home. I had some bleeding(for at least two weeks). No fevers. No real pains other than the norm with the staples.

When my doctor removed the mass and all the other stuff, she did a real looking into the rest of me, at my liver and other organs to make sure that everything was clean and clear and it was.

Anyway, over the last few days, I noticed a little pain on my left side, below my breast bone. It is not a pain pain, just feels funny. Don't know how to explain it. I don't think there is anything wrong. I think something is healing. It feels sometimes like gas bubbles but then it feels like you know how a wet sponge is kind of heavy? And then it goes away. And then it comes back. I am sure where my dr. looked, poked and prodded, it is all coming back to life. And this will go away. It is not consistent, just everyonce in a while. It will catch me. One time if felt like a bruise, then one time like a pulled muscle. AM I crazy? No fever, no pains while eating. Everything seems okay. No other side effects of anything.

It is weird. My mom is like "I am not a doctor." She knows I am in pain. And wants to help, but is not sure how. Does that make sense to anyone? Has anyone ever felt this? I am probably going to see the doc if she will see me and see if she will look at it and check it out to make sure all is well before I go back to work.

My reports came back that I had a rare form of ovarian cancer. I had a Granulosa Theca Cell Tumor. Everything came out clean and clear, blood tests and all are good. The removal was clean, and the only thing is the pathologist noted that there was a slight tear in the tumor/mass. So, they want me to go to an oncologist and get a base there, and see what he says. may not have to have treatment.

I am doing fine. I am taking Premarin and my Synthyroid. Low dosages. I am not staying in bed, but I am resting when necessary.

Just rambling, sorry I took so long.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Ps

Thanks for letting me ramble. I did have my uterus removed, the tubes and my ovaries. Have a great day!
Unread 04-12-2006, 07:18 PM

Hey Tiny, I am glad to hear you have a sense of humor after all of this!!! I pray that all goes well when you go to see teh oncologist. I was told told it is normal for there to be pains all over. There are nerves and muscles that have been severed and are trying to mend and fire up. I had discomfort high up like you and then it was gone only to be replaced with another.

You are still early in your recovery and you should keep up with the rest. Your body has gone through alot! I am happy that you went to the ER and are here to talk about it, I think we all need to listen to our bodies and this is a good example. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2006, 07:44 PM

you do have a good sense of humor, i love it. good luck at the onch's office, let us know how it goes. good luck and best wishes.
Unread 04-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks Plant Lady!

Thanks, it was nice to hear from someone. I figured as much about the uncomfortable feeling that is kind of high. I guess I get anxious.. Humor is the key. Laughter is the best medicine.
Unread 04-12-2006, 08:03 PM

tiny,
first off, I am sorry to hear the mass was cancerous. I am glad it sounds like they got it all. I hope the ONC. has good info for you. I will ask my best friends husband who is a radiation oncologist what he thinks if you want.

I am 36 too! I had my surgery 2 days before you. I still have odd aches and pains. My biggest complaint is how tired I am and how it hurts to pee still. ugh! Hugs and prayers to you! Raymo
Unread 04-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks to all who've replied and spoke.

My heart goes out to everyone on this site and it makes me feel good to hear from people who might understand. Keep smiling.

I

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register