More questions on TVH...sorry its me again!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More questions on TVH...sorry its me again!! More questions on TVH...sorry its me again!!

Unread 04-16-2006, 04:54 AM
More questions on TVH...sorry its me again!!

Hi i bet your all getting really sick of all of my questions,i have a few more. I have just watched the actual procedure of the TVH, if anyone wants too see it please let me know and i will email the link too you. Edited to add: A link to the video can be found on Post #22 of this thread. My questions are do men have the same sexual sensations when they are having sex with a women who has had a TVH....does it feel the same to them inside the vagina or does it feel different, please ask your husbands etc etc and also does it feel the same for the woman? (the first question is my husbands the second is mine, sorry to be so graphic!! Do they also have to cut the vaginal skin (perinium)like they do when you have a baby? I have had alot of problems with that area since i have 2 children and had to have an operation on the old perinium to get rid of the old scar tissue because sex was painful for me. Im just worried all that soreness will come back again after the operation and not heal properly, because it is being so stretched in the operation. Also after the operation is it sore when you have a wee and how long does it last etc. Now i have seen a video of the procedure i actually dont feel so scared anymore but all of these questions have come into my head and theres nothing better than asking you lovely ladies who have had it done and who have actually experienced it and can tell me from a patients view instead of a doctor who has never had it done before. Thanks for all your help and support, i really appreciate it love Tracey x x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2006, 05:09 AM

Tracey

I'm only close to being out 3wks, so I can't answer your ? pertaining to sex. Dr told me last Thursday that I could still only shake hands w/DH for at least 4wks longer until he sees me at our next appt. As far as urinating, I have not had any problems or pain with it.
Unread 04-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Tvh

Hi Tracey,

Thats what I have wondered about myself, after watching the procedure. When I had my daughter 19yrs ago I was stitched inside and outside, it was more painful than giving birth. My stitches took months to heal and as for sex ouch! I'm in the UK also youv'e probably seen my posts and I haven't reached the point of having a hysto yet but I am researching what options in this country are available to us brits. Thats why I have joined here to look at all the ladies experiences who have had surgery.

I hope you get all the info you need.

Best wishes

Francine 8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2006, 05:33 AM

Tracey

I had LAVH. I didn't have any cut or stitches except the vaginal cuff but I don't know if that is because I didn't need any repairs vaginally, I think some do. Probably one to ask the consultant just to be completely sure.

I can't tell any difference during intercourse, and my husband says he can't either. I was anxious that he would but I can tell he isn't just sparing my feelings!!!

I didn't have any soreness when weeing.

I had very little pain, more a bit of a discomfort straight after surgery because moving about felt a bit strange as it would after any abdominal op ( I had three little incisions) and because of the gas that was used. I was fully able to shower myself the next morning but I still had a drip and catheter then so just a little help with undressing/ untangling. By the second morning I did it by myself and even washed my hair! I took painkillers only for a couple of days, infact I just took ordinary paracetamol for the slight headache I had.

Hope this is all useful, ask ahead of there's anything else.
Marion
Unread 04-16-2006, 05:33 AM

Can you please send me the link? I would love to see the procedure, though...i had it done last June! Sex is no different for my husband. I had 3 vaginal births and a TVH/BSO......nothing is different for DH!! Now for me, there's another story!! Still trying to regulate the HRT and trying to find my lost libido!!
Unread 04-16-2006, 07:08 PM

My husband cant tell any difference, and the only difference I can tell is that it doesn't hurt any more. The sensations are all the same for me, and possibly stronger than before.
Unread 04-16-2006, 07:50 PM

I had a TVH over 8 weeks ago. I too was curious as to whether this would feel different to DH or myself during sex. Fortunately, things feel better than ever for me and my DH says that he doesn't notice any difference from before! I didn't have any incisions on the outside, like I have had with births and was happy about that! I guess some people may have to have them and you should ask your doctor about it. I would like info. on the link that you viewed the TVH on. It would be nice to know how it all went!! Good luck with your pending surgery. I don't regret my decision to do it for a second!!
Unread 04-16-2006, 09:36 PM

Ditto Heyitsme...Things are just fine, no complaints from hubby, nice not to have pain anymore, great not to have to worry about timing, etc.

I too had 4th degree tears from giving birth, but had no issues whatsoever with the TVH. Doc did great, no stitches other than the "cuff", and I could not feel them. Don't worry, you will be fine.
Unread 04-17-2006, 12:27 PM

I had my TVH 3/22. I don't know yet about the sex but I understand your concerns about the perinium. I had repair surgery that was not completely successfull (it all works but it aint pretty) after my first child. I was terrified that this would cause problems. My doc assured me it would be fine and he was right! No issues there.

Good luck!
Unread 04-17-2006, 02:13 PM

I would like to see the video. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op but am curious as to what happened in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register