Appointments for the week of April 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Appointments for the week of April 17 Appointments for the week of April 17

Unread 04-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Appointments for the week of April 17

Happy Monday, Ladies! Sorry that I'm late getting this out!

Here are the appointments I have for this week. As always, if your appointment has been missed, or if you forgot to send it to me, please add it on to this thread so that we can wish you well!

TUESDAY

Maxime is having her weekly Taxol.

Good luck, (((Maxime)))! I hope this Taxol is doing its job well against those cancer cells but taking it easy on you!

WEDNESDAY

MightyMouse is having her first round of Taxotere/Carboplatin.

(((MightyMouse))) Wishing you a round of chemo that is really mean to those cancer cells, but very easy on you. Good luck!

THURSDAY

KYAndrea is having her annual appointment for PAP and mammogram.

Wishing you the best scootch ever (we need another gold for the display cabinet!) and fabulous results!

FRIDAY

HeyPearl is having a CT scan & chest x-ray.

(((Pearl))) I hope your results come back with really good news!

I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and 'ers this week. Please come back and let us know how things go!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2006, 07:52 AM

Hi,
CT scan of chest, abdomen & pelvis on Tuesday. My last exam (internal) was six weeks ago and was clear; so I am hoping for good results! I will get these on Wednesday morning. I hope I can make it through the appoinment without any "could you come back for one more film?" request. I can't stand when that happens! That makes for churning guts, a cold sweat and a gauranteed sleepless night.

This is my one year anniversary. I am delighted to have made it this far with NED.

Off to go get my yummy contrast drink.

Beachball
Unread 04-17-2006, 08:11 AM

Hi, Ladies. To everyone who is having a treatment, procedure, exam, test, or surgery, I wish you only the best. Please post and let us know how you are doing.

On Thursday, I have my quarterly visit to the gyn (alternating between gyn and gyn-onc every three months). I am also having a bone density test that Thursday night, too. This will be a "big" one. It's the first one since the benchmark was established when treatment was finished two years ago.

Best to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2006, 10:07 AM

Busy week! Here's my best wishes to all of you for chemo that clobbers the cancer but not you and tests that come out well.
Unread 04-17-2006, 11:11 AM

Good luck and good exams and treatments to all the sisters.

I am going on Friday for my 2 1/2 yr exam. I'm now on exams every 6 months and this one is to the gyn/onc. Because I see him only every other time, I'm now seeing him only once a year. While my stomach churns prior to each exam, I love seeing him. He's always so happy and excited for everyone -- and his tie is always a subject of interest from happy faces to cartoon characters. For someone who often deals with people that are severely ill, his office is one of the most cheerful I've ever visited. The waiting room may be difficult, filled with many women with serious disease. But once in back his staff are the most amazing up-beat people that I've ever met. I constantly praise them for their wonderful environment and get a good smile and chuckle from the staff. I only wish every Dr's office was so cheery.

Linda
Unread 04-17-2006, 04:29 PM

s and best wishes that all of your outcomes are nothing but perfect this week. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and

s
Unread 04-17-2006, 04:39 PM

I am in my third week of treatment. It has been a rough two weeks, I have been very sick. I went for radiation today and barely got home. I was so sick. I don't understand why I am having such a hard time with this. I know there are others that have gone through it and not even gotten sick. I am on four different nausea meds but nothing really helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Good luck to everyone else that is having treatments or tests done. Stay strong!
Unread 04-17-2006, 05:08 PM

May all tests come out well, chemos and other treatments eliminate any nasties,and appointments bring good news.
You all with be in my thoughts and prayers.
s,
peggiesue
Unread 04-17-2006, 09:48 PM

I have my "in between 2-3 month" checkup on Friday 04/21. My last checkup was early February and this one was to be my firast that went from every 2 months to every 3 months but I always need to throw a wrench in things. My TAH/BSO was on 11/30/2004, then I hjad surgery for an hernia repair at the top of my incision site and now 8 months after that surgery I beleive the hernia has returned so I am seeing the doc on Friday, his nurse practitioner said that I was NOT to wait until my scheduked vist nof 05/05. I so do not want to have surgery again PLUS I have been feeling very overwhelmed this week that the cancer is back, no reson in particular, just a feeling, so hard to explain. I forget the exact number but my CA125 was between 4-6 back in Feb and it is a good indicator for me. Anyway, I knoiw my visit isnt as extreme or as daunting as others are but please keep me in the porayer loop
Unread 04-18-2006, 01:26 AM

I have my first post chemo/radiation check on Wednesday...

In a strange way I'm looking forward to it - I just hope the news is good!

Z x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register