I thought I was alone in my pain! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I thought I was alone in my pain! I thought I was alone in my pain!

Unread 05-09-2006, 09:46 PM
I thought I was alone in my pain!

It continues to amaze me that so many women have the same right sided pain and bloating after their hysterectomies. Do you suppose that if men had these problems after prostate surgery or vasectomies, the cause or a cure would be found sooner?

I have been having some good days but am really having to watch what I eat. Absolutely no dairy or caffine, and very small servings of fruits and vegetables. Still, by the end of the day, my pelvic area "burns". The worst part of it is my lack of energy; by the end of the day I am too tired to do some of the things that I want to do (paint my bathroom, clean out closets for a garage sale, etc.)

I went to an osteopath last week and had a "manipulation". Can't say as it made much difference but I may go back 2-3 more times just to say that I gave it a try. My in-laws want me to go to Mayo Clinic in MN. I will be anxious to know what Christina finds out at Mayo when she goes tomorrow!

Lotsapets' post really hit the nail on the head when she said that people keep saying pain isn't normal. It shouldn't be but for many of us it is -- unfortunately! If I ever win the lottery, I'll be the first to get a fund going for research --- and a cure!

Thanks for all the words of support from my "hyster-sisters"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2006, 10:45 PM

Hi, Hope this helps. Had left side pain, with gas, aggravating swelling. Wears you down!
I began taking betaine hydrocloride--
or HCL along with acidophilus....It works!!quick relief!
I think the HCL stops the pain, and helps with digestion--- Acidophilus helped with bloat. It's effective against intestinal candida which can cause swelling
You can find these at a health food store---but i get the acidophilus from Walmart.
Unread 05-11-2006, 04:02 AM

I went to a pain management dr last week for my back pain. He ordered me a tens unit along with meds and a epidural steroid injection. I got my tens unit 2 days ago. I told the lady about my lower abdominal pain issues too. I have had 2 exploratory laps looking for cause of pain and nothing but bad scar tissue around bladder area was found. I told her I have had 4 c sections and the TAH, so I know I probably have nerve damage in lower abdoman area. The surgeon who specializes in adhesions who took my GB out told me the nerve damage is most likely pernament. Anyway, the lady who gave me the tens unit said alot of ladies use the unit for menstrual and pelvic pain. She said after we get my back under control we will work on the pelvic area.
Maybe the tens unit would be something worth looking into for you.I am going to give it a try.I've had lower abdominal pain since my hyst 2 years ago. The worst is deep down on the right side . It feels like a terrible pulling type of pain.I am also so tired of hurting. I hope you find some relief soon!
Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register