Drugs make you do the funniest things | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Drugs make you do the funniest things Drugs make you do the funniest things

Unread 04-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Drugs make you do the funniest things

I'm gonna make fun of myself here, but I have to share a funny story about myself. I had a TVH on April 14 and came home on the 16th. Well the night I came home from the castle, I got up to go pee, and to be considerate of my DH I didn't turn on any lights. Well, I must have fallen asleep on the toilet, because when I woke up... I thought I was lost. I had no clue where I was at. I freaked!!!! I started crying and DH came to find out what was wrong and when I told him he about died laughing. Now my kids and DH won't let me live it down. Everytime I go to use the potty they ask me if I'll be alright and find my way back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2006, 01:26 AM

you should post a warning that tummy pillows are needed. I am still laughing.

I nearly killed myself laughing over the weekend. I was lying in bed, dh and dd13 were in there. DS18 was in the shower. I told dd to do something just as soon as her brother got out of the dishwasher. They both started laughing and couldn't stop. I tried not to laugh, despite the pain, I couldn't help it. My tummy still hurts to think of it.

aren't you glad we have these fun times amongst this?
Unread 04-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Funniest Things

You ladies are funny. Thanks for the laugh.

I can't think of something funny on myself, but if it's okay I can tell you one on DH and it wasn't drug induced.

Last Sunday morning I had to run to Wal*Mart to pick up a few more things for our Easter cookout at my Mom's house. DH told me "don't forget to pick up some dog food for DS". And later at the cookout, my brother-in-law told my DS, "You better come on and get you a hamburger or you'll have to eat dog food when you get home".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2006, 01:56 AM

LOL you two take the cake. It's good we can get a few laughs out of this experience. Thanks for sharing. I see you 2 are up way past midnight also. What are you doing for entertainment? I am SO bored of watching TV/reading. Thank goodness for my lap top.
Unread 04-20-2006, 05:34 AM

LOL ... that's a good one can't wait. I know it probably was scary, but funny now.

Try going to bathroom at night and being half asleep, so you forget to lift the seat up! I mean the 'SOLID' part of the lid! LOL .... ya end up peeing on the solid part .... icky poo!

Dee
Unread 04-20-2006, 07:01 AM

lol those were funny. thank you..the only weird thing i did when i was drug induced was try to put a container of dog food (we buy the huge bags, and then go and have a container of dog food, so we won't have a big mess, if the dog gets into it)in the fridge...dh said umm, why are you putting the dog food in the frig? i hurried up and put it where we have it...and said, i'm going back to bed. lol..oh well...see it wasn't really funny.

AnnRuthie
Unread 04-20-2006, 07:36 AM

It must be somthing to do with the DRUGS! I told my dh to Vaccume the grass, not once but three times, He looked at me like I was nuts and kept lauging??? of course he had to let my 3 sons in on it when re relayed my mistake. LOL
Unread 04-20-2006, 09:16 AM

What are you guys taking? I think I want some...I haven't had nearly as much fun as you!
Unread 04-20-2006, 10:55 AM

Hello cant wait - thanks for your post as it made me laugh so much I almost cried & my tummy is hurting now! I just had this picture in my head of you falling asleep on the loo!
I've got a funny story about myself too - my sister came to collect me from the hospital & we were talking to one of the administrators in the reception area of the ward. A man came in through the front door & did a double take when he saw me (he used to service my gas heating system & did some decorating for me but I hadn't seen him for a few years). He is quite a large build as he used to work out at the gym , so he's very muscular. Now I knew I was in the hospital, but forgetting that I was in the Obstetrics & Gynae wing, I asked him if he was being admitted! The funniset thing was that he looked himself up & down then pointed to his wife (who I hadn't seen), who then turned round to reveal that she was heavily pregnant. I just apologised & said that he'd have to excuse me as I'd had a lobotomy!!
Laughter is definitely the best medicine although it does hurt your tummy, doesn't it? In the UK we have a comedian called Peter Kay & on Monday they showed a whole evening of "out-takes" & videos from his tour - did any UK sisters see it? I laughed so much that I thought my incision might open up so I ended up recording it to watch again when I need cheering up. What's the best thing that other sisters have found to make you laugh?
Helen
Unread 04-20-2006, 12:39 PM

Omg I Can't Stop Laughing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register