Things that make us go hmmmm.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Things that make us go hmmmm.... Things that make us go hmmmm....

Unread 04-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Things that make us go hmmmm....

Isn't it interesting the way our brains work? I've been thinking...this many days to my pre-op, this many more days of work, this many days until my surgery. Then today I get the email from Hystersisters saying, we noticed your surgery date is coming up and they sent me a pre-op checklist. Now I just don't know how to feel! Any words of wisdom?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2006, 10:20 AM

My TAH is scheduled for Monday, and, weird as this sounds, I'm excited!

I have an enormous fibroid. It comes up to my belly button! After a long time of misery with it, I am overjoyed to be having it removed.

Sure, I have some jitters, but come Monday afternoon, all the waiting will be over. The same for you, a week later. Won't it be great not to have this on your mind anymore?

Good luck to you!
Unread 04-21-2006, 10:28 AM

You may go through all of the emmotions. You are a female as is quite capable of experiencing all of them. Some of them at the same time Don't worry, you'll do great and soon you will be telling us how your recovery is coming along. Best of wishes and prayers for you and Havefun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2006, 10:54 AM

My TVH is also scheduled for May 1st and I got the check list email too. I have been very excited and anxious about my hyst. knowing that the pain and bleeding will stop. Last night I got very emotional with my DH. I made the decision 10 years ago after my youngest son was born not to have anymore kids. I had a tubal and was fine with that. I have 2 sons and have always wanted a little girl for me (my sons want to be with Dad all the time). Last night I got so upset. I told DH that this is final, I will never have a daughter. Neither one of us want anymore children and I have been fine with this for 10 years. I guess it is just my emotions going crazy. You will be fine and the emotions are normal. Hope you have a uneventful surgery and recovery (me too).
Unread 04-21-2006, 11:19 AM

Thanks sisters! I know you are right. I've been looking forward to this for awhile now. Well, not looking forward to it like a tropical vacation exactly....lol But looking forward to it as in no more pain, no more bleeding, etc. My kids are grown, I have no intention of having more children, but there is also a finality to all this and I really didn't expect some of the emotions that are now getting me. But I know that soon this will all be a memory and all will be well. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register