Hello ladies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Hello ladies

Hello ladies I have a question I will hit my one year mark in a few weeks and sex is still hurtint like hell so my DR wants to do a surgery on me to help the name of the surgery is a vaginoplasty has anyone heard of this or have had it done, does the surgery help and was thair a change and how big of a one? sorry if Iask alot of questions but Ijust need to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Hello ladies

Haley,

I'm sorry I don't know the answers to your questions but I wanted to bump this post back up. Maybe someone will come along soon with some answers for you. Have you googled vaginoplasty to see if you can find any info?

I wish you well,
Unread 04-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Hello ladies

Haley,
Did you have your cervix removed as well? DId you have any radiation? Any ideas on why so painful?

So sorry I have no information regrading your question.

Becahball
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Hello ladies

Hi Haley - Sex is also very painful for me, and I'm a year and a half out from surgery. I don't have time to write right now and I'll be out of town tomorrow, but I just wanted you to know you're not alone. So far, my doctor has given me some deadening cream but that hurts, too. I'd be interesting in hearing more about the procedure your doctor wants to do; I'll search the web for more information. Please keep me informed, too.

Take care,
Unread 04-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Hello ladies

Yes my cervix was removed along with a part of my vigina, I did not have to do radiaition.
Unread 04-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Hello ladies

Dear Haley2005,
To answer your question... I have had a vaginoplasty. I had mine done on March 6 of this year. I had my vaginal hysterectomy last year in June also. I was having alot of pain and some vaginal bleeding and ended up having repair surgery(vaginoplasty) as a result. I am now 8 weeks out and I am feeling great. I have not had sex yet but am hoping for the best there too. I understood my repair being needed not for loose tissue as is usually the case, but for postop reasons in that I had some granulation and pain with the bleeding so the cuff was revised. It was a breeze and was done laparoscopically as opposed to open which I greatly preferred. I had my tubes and left ovary removed at the same time because they were not healthy at the time of surgery. I am grateful to the surgeon who performed my repair as I feel he was wonderful and did a great job. I am currently on Premarin Vaginal Cream to aid the healing process but as soon as it runs out I will be on my own hormonally. I wish you luck. Don't worry. Everything will be fine. Take care.

Tami S in Fl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register