New To Site, Scared, Wanted To Share My Story... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New To Site, Scared, Wanted To Share My Story... New To Site, Scared, Wanted To Share My Story...

Unread 04-21-2006, 08:05 PM
New To Site, Scared, Wanted To Share My Story...& Seek Support & Friends.

I am scheduled for my TAH with ovaries removed on June 14th. I am also scared and anxious. I will be 50 in May. Back in March my period came and kept on going for a while. This never happened before. After 10 days I went to my OBGYN. He did a endrometrial biopsy, which came back o.k. He put me on Prometrium, 200mg. at night. It took one month on prometrium to stop the bleeding and spotting. An ultrasound was done. It showed that my fibroids had grown from a year ago. My uterus size is that of a 18 week pregnancy. I have been diagnoised with 2 big fribroids, and small ones back in 1999. I have them checked every year. After putting up with some pelvic pain, back pain and cramps from time to time, and now this bleeding episode I decieded its time to have this done, as advised by my doctors years ago. My two biggest fibroids measured 8.7cm. & 6.7 cm. This site has been wonderful. Its helped me with great info, and even made me laugh. It would be great to hear from anyone with similar stories, and those who have the same anxiety and fears I have been having. Not one day goes by that I dont think about my June 14th surgury date. Would love to hear from you all. Sorry I am going on and on. It took me a while to finally write on this site, and I guess i just needed to let my feelings all out. Good luck to Everyone scheduled for their surgury soon. Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2006, 08:13 PM
New To Site, Scared, Wanted To Share My Story...

Hi tmb1124jer and

I had my TAH/BSO three years ago at the age of 50, due to an enlarged fibroid uterus. My "hysterectomy experience" wasn't the most enjoyable thing in the world, but all in all, it's probably best that I had it done.

It's natural to be scared beforehand...I was, too. Just remember that the members here have unlimited cyber-hugs to dispense at all stages of your upcoming jouney to good health!

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 04-21-2006, 08:22 PM

We're all scared at times. But with this site, we can also know that we are not alone and we are not the first woman that has had the illnesses, the feelings and the surgery that is required. I'm 47, my surgery is right around the corner now. I too have an enlarged uterus, fibroids, suspected endometriosis, etc. Just holler whenever the what-ifs become too strong. We're all in this together. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2006, 08:55 PM
understand completely!!

I also have a large fibroid uterus...the tumors are 10 and 9 centimeters and there are multiples as well. My surgery will be July 5th. I am scared too but after finding this site I feel so much better, especially because so many of the women here have had great outcomes. I am tired of looking pregnant and feeling awful. It is almost imposible to find clothes for work. I have to dress for my job and there aren't many things that look well on me or feel comfortable.

I also had several episodes of heavy bleeding, one of which sent me to the hospital in an ambulance.
Unread 04-21-2006, 08:59 PM

As I was spending time 4 months before my 50th birthday and deciding what I'd like to do for it with DH, I found a large lump in my abdomen while lying down. I went to my GP. Ultrasound shows a large mass. This is Aug/04. I spent months seeing 3 ob/gyn's having tests while this huge alien fibroid grew from nothing in July to almost 20 months pregnancy by the surgery date. My BP become very high and it was low my entire life. I was stressed, had insomnia, hot flashes and regular periods. I was not only distraught but convinced I would not make it out of the OR alive. I made a will, got things in order and set things up so DH would have an easier time. The fear was unbareable. Two weeks before I made peace with the whole procedure. Before I walked down the hall to the operating room I hugged DH like I'd never see him again. Well I made it through. I understand the fear. For me it was worse as I had a myomectomy when I was 25 for a fibroid and I knew what I was in for. The fear is worse than the pain you will experience. If it's too hard to talk to anyone about this, journal your fears. I did some of that alot with meditation. Somehow when you write down your fears they seem to diminish. You will be fine. In fact you will be better than fine. It's a new decade and chance to take care of yourself in a new way. I'm going to be the best looking 50 around.....just watch me!!!
M.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register