April Shower Sat, April 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

April Shower Sat, April 22 April Shower Sat, April 22

Unread 04-22-2006, 07:35 AM
April Shower Sat, April 22

Happy Saturday BESTers...

Boy, I can't ever remember feeling this good... and it's only been 3 visits to the chiropractor!!! No pain...it's been so long that it really feels weird. I didn't even feel this cold front come in... now that's progress.

My day is just packed... dentist this morning, then off to get a manicure (me time)... errands to run, then home to get the house pulled together. Actually, the rain helps me kinda stay focused... we'll be back in the garage sorting through what remains. Last week I placed my book collection on Amazon & am doing quite well selling them. We also have a movie to watch later & I have plenty of books to choose from... looking to start a new one.

Food will be good... I have gotten an inspiration for breakfast ideas from this month's "Cooking Light" magazine... I'll post later on the variety of ideas later.

Sharon... happy belated birthday!!!!

Melissa... so to sum up your visit... "use it or loose it"... hmmmm

Dany... I hear you about the arthritis... went to a talk on arthritis... and there is a product called "Bio Freeze" that works well on arthritis... DH is having treatment done to his hand called "cold laser"... the chiropractor says it helps it go away... I'll let you know how it works for DH... maybe that may be an option for you??

Well... gotta get the critters feed... and myself put together... have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2006, 08:45 AM

Hi {{{{{{{Sue}}}}}}}}} and all the rest of the BEST gang! April showers it is.............windy, too, with a wind chill of 13 in my neck of the woods. No formal exercise today but like you, Sue, lots of errands to run. I haven't been good in the OP department and it has got to stop. I need to be more positive about it because lately I have had the "I don't care attitude!" Water has been good. Tomoroowis our big sports banquet and announcements of the new board for the Booster Club. I have been voted in as secretary for next year. Ok, I am off to have breakfast........DH is making me an egg with an english muffin and some coffee. Enjoy the rain those of you on the east coast.......we need it!!!!!!!!

Emily
Unread 04-22-2006, 10:52 AM

Good morning BEST s (well, it is still morning... for the next 13 minutes )

We're having :rain: here too, and it's a lot cooler than it's been all week... which is not good news either for my arthritic or for my allergies: woke up with an allergy-induced sinus headache this morning.... knee is still sore, so exercise will not be part of the agenda today!!!

Food is still bad: I never eat right when I'm not feeling good... especially when the allergy meds are causing spells. I do intend to resume my program on Monday.

(((Sue)))) I'm so happy that the chiropractor therapy is helping you. Thanks for the tip on Bio Freeze. I'll have to look it up: hopefully, it's available in Canada and, if it is, will work for me

((((Emily)))) and to anyone who will post after me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Red face - April Shower Sat, April 22 April Shower Sat, April 22

Hi all BEST friends on this lovely Saturday in UK- it's actually sunny and warm- about 19 degrees which feels like a heatwave!

Last night's meal was lovely- the girl who's birthday we were celebrating had no idea. I did have pizza BUT it was very thin and crispy and lots of really healthy things on top- roasted vegetables etc.

Did get to the gym this morning while the car was being fixed. I was very out of breath so the allergies are definitely setting in. My left eye feels so sore still.

Sue, so pleased the pain has eased!!!

happy weekend everyone
Marion
Unread 04-22-2006, 02:29 PM

Good Afternoon BESTers,

Hey marianni - how about sending that heat wave back here for Sue, Emily, and I? We're freezing our everlovin's off! LOL well maybe not Sue - she's always warm, right Sue?

Today has been and I'm cooking a big pot of split pea soup. It's a perfect day. I sliced down the rest of the easter ham, froze packets of slices for future meals, but wanted to use the ham bone in some soup. DH has been asking for it. So.... that will be dinner tonight with some of those wonderful Pillsbury Grands bisquets. Just them.

Excerise today consists of running up and down the basement steps, then steps to my room for the cleaning of same. I have to whip it into shape for MIL who's comming next weekend to stay with youngest DD while DH and I are away on our VACATION.

OH by the way, did I say I have only 7 days left before my
**VACATION **VACATION**VACATION**

Can't you tell I'm looking forward to it?
Didn't get to last night. DH came home in a "mood", plus it go so cold and windy so quickly - there was no way I could get him out of the house. Neighbor ended up with unexpected company so I didn't want to go alone - it was almost dark by then. Oh well - another day.

Food today could have been better.
Bkft: hot tea
Lunch: ham slices w/hot tea
Dinner : the soup

Haven't been snacking, thank goodness, I'm too busy doing work around the house. Amazing how keeping busy foils my appetite!

You all would great. Hopefull those who missed yesterday's link will look back. Dany and company moved it to a better spot as to help all ladies, not just us here on the BEST board. The link still works.

DH is excited about the "use it" part , he wanted to do a whoopie dance until I told him he had to wait till I got the astroglide. He offered to go out and get it himself! LOL funny guy!

Dany - I know arthritis - I've had it for years in my hip joints. I hope the stuff Sue recommended helps.

Sue - I'll be watching your posts on DH's treatment with the lazer thingy. That's a new thing - never heard of it.

Emily - lets make a deal, lol, I'll give you some if my "care" attitude, and you give me some of you ability to drink that stinking water!! LOL

Anyone hearing from Desk, Greyhound, Ann, and others MIA - say hello from BEST.

Hugs to all - maybe I'll stop in late and tell you my OTHER bit of news....

M.
Unread 04-22-2006, 03:01 PM

Melissa. I add some Crystal Lite to my water.................makes it go down much better. Not alot, just enough to give the water some flavor.

Em
Unread 04-22-2006, 04:30 PM

Hi All,

I found out today that one of our local TV stations is sponsoring a "Move It to Lose It" campaign. They are hoping for the metro area folks to be able to lose 6000 pounds in 6 months! Quite an undertaking. There will be monthly walks & weigh-ins as well as health checks at local parks. You can sign up for prizes too. Sounds like a cool idea.

I dug out some shorts today & they fit like they did last summer (a little tight). I really haven't lost any weight at all in the last year; I just yo-yo up & down.

Is anybody still doing the National Body Challenge? If so, how is it going?

Gypsy & I had our today but food has been terrible & I am not going to post what I've eaten .

Take care,
:superman: Llyn
Unread 04-22-2006, 11:22 PM

Llyn - I embarrased to say I never even made it 1/2 way thru the National Body Challenge. It was such a stressful time with my dad and all - I even gave up trying to post to my profile on their site.

anyone else finish it?

M.
Unread 04-23-2006, 08:16 AM

Nope!

Em

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register