fear and anxiety | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

fear and anxiety fear and anxiety

Unread 04-29-2001, 08:04 PM
fear and anxiety

Dear Sisters,
I am 7 weeks post op, TAH/BSO, from uterine cancer stage 2B. Undergoing radiation...7 treatments thus far, and so far so good. I am just beginning to learn how to live again. Went back to work and all. I go to see a breast doctor because of some pain and discomfort, and guess what....he tells me he finds a LUMP. As tears are streaming down my face, I ask him what it means he says he does not know, but a mammo in feb..showed nothing. Could it be breast AND uterine cancer at the same time. NO WAY...RIGHT???? So now I have to go for a sono.....and then he said he sticks a needle in and biopsy....just the sound of the word sends terror up and down my spine. Well anyway ladies I needed to talk/write about this, because I am not sure how much more i can take. I am so grateful to have found the "sisters". I have benefited from this sight in so many ways. Thank you all for listening/reading, and I wish each and everyone of you only HAPPINESS
Valentina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2001, 08:21 PM
fear and anxiety

Valentina,

I'm so sorry about what you're going through. I will say an extra prayer for you tonight.
Unread 04-29-2001, 08:36 PM
fear and anxiety

Sorry to hear of your recent problem, Valentina. You're right, what are the chances? (Very small, I'm sure) At least the mammogram in Feb showed nothing. Maybe that's good news. I had a needle biopsy for my right breast a few years ago. I barely remember it, so it couldn't have been very bad pain-wise (I'm a wimp--I don't like pain). Good luck!. Sending prayers your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2001, 08:54 PM
fear and anxiety

Valentina wish I was there to give you a real one.So sorry about this news. But the chances are probably quite small that it is cancer. Try to relax and take a deep breath, it is hard I know but you need all your strength to get through your treatments. Life is funny, you never think that you can take one more thing but if and when it happens you will find the strength to cope. And we will be beside you all the way. I am wishing you : nothing but GOOD HEALTH and HAPPINESS . will keep you in my prayers. love to you always x x
Unread 04-30-2001, 05:38 AM
fear and anxiety

Well of course you are scared!! I think that we all would be! The chances are probably slim that this is cancer, but you have to be on the safe side and get things checked out. Try to keep the faith and know that we are all here for you!! I'm glad that you turned to us when you needed to get your feelings out!!
Unread 04-30-2001, 12:43 PM
fear and anxiety

Hi Valentina,
A big (((((hug))))))) for ya!!
Gosh...its so hard not to think everything that happens to us is going to be the worst case senario once we have had a cancer diagnosis isn't it?
You are entitled to feel afraid and worried about this new development. Its perfectly natural to feel this way.

I will send good thoughts and prayers your way in the hopes this is nothing serious.

Robyn is right about finding the strength when we need it. We don't think we can, but we do.

Hopefully you will get your sonogram and any further testing done soon. Waiting is the worst part.

Take care,
M. xo
Unread 04-30-2001, 01:17 PM
fear and anxiety

Valentina --

I am so sorry to hear your news. It does sound frightening -- anyone would be scared in your situation!

I just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking and praying for you. We are all here for you.

Love,

Cyndy
Unread 04-30-2001, 05:18 PM
fear and anxiety

Valentina, I am so sorry to hear of your news. The waiting is certainly the worst part as was already said. Surround yourself with supportive people and try to keep fighting your current battle with cancer until you find out about your breast. I will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 04-30-2001, 06:39 PM
fear and anxiety

Hi Valentina,

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this additional testing and fear.

Almost the same thing happened to me. I had just been diagnosed with cervical cancer. I already had a mammogram scheduled before I found out about the cancer.

When I went for my appointment, I decided to wait until the radiologist read the x-rays (since I had just been diagnosed with the other cancer). Well, my heart dropped when the x-ray tech said there was a spot on one breast and she wanted to take another x-ray. She took the x-ray, and it was OK. It was probably just a shadow.

I had to go back 4 months later and have another mammogram on the one breast. All was clear.

I hope it goes the same way for you. I'll be thinking about you.
Unread 04-30-2001, 07:47 PM
fear and anxiety

Odds are it isn't cancer, Valentina -- my thoughts and prayers are with you. Be sure to keep us all posted!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register