A bit disappointed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A bit disappointed A bit disappointed

Unread 04-22-2006, 08:44 AM
A bit disappointed

Well, I went back to doctor this past Thursday and was hoping for the all clear for sex so I could surprise my hubby for his birthday and our get away but as they say "the best made plans".......Doctor said I had to wait two more weeks because vagina wasn't healed yet.

I didn't get the all clear. Doctor did another internal and said everything is healed well except for a tiny spot on my vagina. He told the nurse to get the silver nitrate. I was a bit nervous after having read some posts here about it hurting but he did it and I did NOT feel anything which is a good thing! So now I go back to him in another 2 weeks - hopefully by then it'll be healed. Also he said he wanted me to get a urinalysis done because I had blood in my urine after the surgery. I was a bit shocked that he would wait until I was at 8 weeks to do that test.. Any ideas on that one?

I do feel very good though except for some aches and pains in my hip, arm, jaw and neck. It's nothing horrible but it's just there. I mentioned to the doctor but he kind of said "that's part of this" and since he knows I wish to try to stay away from HRT I guess he's not taking my info any further. I've decided that I'm going to mention to my GP and see what he thinks. Right now, my jaw is quite sore and I'm feeling it and thinking I feel bumps etc. Making myself more nuts! Isn't life grand???

I think my next approach maybe to ask about over the counter type drugs to see if they help. I take cholesterol meds so I don't want to take anything without doctor's advice since they could interact.

I'm so lucky it's been a pretty easy ride and my DH has been quite understanding through it all. I was probably MORE disappointed for both us that we didn't get the all clear oh well, it'll make it even more special when it does happen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2006, 08:55 AM
A bit disappointed

I don't know why he would not have had you do that test sooner!

I will be 3 weeks on the 25th, but am terriefied about the whole sex thing.....I hope I feel differently as the time approaches!
Unread 04-22-2006, 08:58 AM
A bit disappointed

Yes, even my DH said why would he wait until now for that????? I trust my doctor so not sure if he didn't notice it before (he didn't do my surgery - his associate did so maybe he didn't read all paperwork completely before - who knows?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2006, 10:58 AM
A bit disappointed

It could possibly be because your vagina didn't heal.(?) Not sure but it's a thought

I know how you feel with dissapointment, it's the biggest let down. Thinking you're doing great, feeling good and awaiting for a green light and not getting it

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register