pain 4 months after rectocele repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain 4 months after rectocele repair pain 4 months after rectocele repair

Unread 04-22-2006, 04:59 PM
pain 4 months after rectocele repair

Hi ladies,
I had my tah in 2000. This past December I had a rectocele repair. This was after trying to find out why I had become impacted. I had been splinting for years and it had become worse. I also had a graft put in. I still have one stich that feels like it is still there. It bleeds when I have a bm most of the time. Also, sex is very painful. I bleed afterwards with that too. I just had to have a uretha dilation as I had uti's since the surgery. I had 5 rounds of antibiotics! This past one was for 30 days, but I had to quit a week early as I developed a rash. My doctor seemed to think that I had healed fine. Should I get checked out by another gyn? Is this normal with this kind of repair? It just seems like I am so tight now. How does one know if your body rejects a graft? Has anyone else had such trouble? This is the same doctor that did my tah. He did such a good job with that. I kind of regret getting this surgery now. But, the rectocele was a level 4, so I guess I had to have it. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2006, 05:03 PM

I would seek another opinion, maybe a uro gyn. A second opinion cannot hurt. Maybe the mesh is sticking out or something, I would see someone else. Sue
Unread 04-23-2006, 06:20 PM

Lori,
Have you asked you doctor about maybe trying an estogen creme to help your tissues become softer. Maybe that will help. Let us know what the doc says. Hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2006, 01:05 PM

I just went to the urologist and I have another uti. I wonder if I will ever be free of these things. It is discouraging. He is sending my sample off to be cultured. He's going to let me know on Friday. Now I wish I never had the rectocele repaired. This has happened since then. But, I have a chronic form of leukemia called Chronic lympocytic leukemia/small lympocytic lymphoma. It makes fighting infections a little harder. My immune system isn't what it should be. That's not why I had the tah, that was from fibroids. Anyone else have a hard time with uti's after surgery?
Lori
tah, cervix removed, kept ovaries-2000, rectocele repair 2005

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register