failed rectocele?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

failed rectocele?? failed rectocele??

Unread 04-23-2006, 07:46 PM
failed rectocele??

Gosh........i go to the doc on thursday, but I fel like my repair may have failed. I can have a BM in the morning, but later in the day, I have a hard time, and then if I do, its a large sausage shape (SORRY) And that is all that comes out. Sometimes I feel like there is a ballon in there and if I squeeze my muscles it moves. I really did not have a bulge before just very weak vagina walls. Could this happen so soon? I guess I will find out on thurs. I had this surgery, but I still have the pressure above my pubic bone that I had before the surgery, so maybe that is something different. It really feels like my instesines have dropped or smashed, Could that happen? This has been such and ordeal, even thought I did have very much pain from the surgery. Hardly any bleeding either. Just BM trouble and pain and pressure. Thanks again Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2006, 08:27 PM
failed rectocele??

Sue, good luck with your appointment on Thursday. I know how difficult it must be for you to wait. Unfortunately, because you had a hysterectomy you are at an increased risk for prolapse.Having already had prolapse repair puts you at an even greater risk.
Please let me know how things turn out for you after your appointment.
Michelle
Unread 04-30-2006, 03:25 AM
failed rectocele??

How did you get on at the doctors, Sue? Thinking of you. I am hoping these sensations were the bruising, swelling etc. of the early weeks of healing after rectocele repair, not a sign of a problem.

Do let us now how you got on. Take care. x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2006, 07:01 PM
failed rectocele??

Went to the doc on thursday. he said the repair looks OK. I feel the stool getting stuck higher. So I am having a defegram on tuesday to see what is going on. he did say that I was still healing, so I need to keeep restrictions. I can have a BM in the morning, it is hard to push, then seem to fall out. Its later in the day I get the feeling like something is stuck, and sometimes I do go. Never alot just a small piece(SORRY) I still have alot of pressure above my pubic bone, but not always. I think that he may go in to do a LAP to see what is going on. I feel like my instestines have fallen or my rectum. So here we go again. Bowel prep tomorrow no food just liquids and the test on tuesday. Will it ever end? Sue Thanks for all the advice and help.
Unread 05-01-2006, 02:28 AM
failed rectocele??

Oh good luck, will be thinking of you. x
Unread 05-01-2006, 07:12 AM
failed rectocele??

Sue,
Good Luck tomorrow, the prep is the hardest. Also remember that those doctors giving the defogram - do it every day - leave your pride at the door. I hope your repair hasn't caused a new defect higher. Let us know how it goes. Hugs.
Unread 05-06-2006, 02:01 AM
failed rectocele??

Hi Sue
I had the same sensation you are describing. I had a defectogram before I had my repair surgery. The test showed a large rectocele and a enterocele. Did your surgeon check for a enterocele when he fixed your rectocele? It is part of your small intestines bulging down from the top. It d*****ately makes it harder to go.
I am 16 months post op from my repairs and am steal dealing with BM issues. I take colace twice a day and am on Miralax. I had back surgery 6 months ago. I thought maybe the bm issues would be better once the impinged nerves were freed up. No such luck.
My Gyn used pelvicol to reinforce my posterior repair. It is pig tissue which feels just like vaginal tissue. When I have a hard time having a bm I have to push inside still. I can feel the stool inside, but luckily my repair is holding up. I feel these bm issues will be a never ending battle. I was told to never let myself get constipated and not to strain. Better said than done. Having weak abdominal muscles don't help any. I had 4 c sections and the hyst and the posterior repair and then I ended up with a anterior repair and tvt last Sept.
I don't understand why us females have to deal with so much. I would ask your dr to order you some Miralax. There is a generic form which is alot cheaper.(Glycolax) I was prescribed Enulose syrup after my anterior repair. It really gets you going. I hope this helps.
I hope you find answers soon.
Peggy
Unread 05-06-2006, 06:58 AM
failed rectocele??

When I went to the colon/rectal Dr. she told me she
wanted me on a regiment, which that is what I thought
myself, and every day thing. But she said to take:
1 Metimucil, and 1 stool softener in the a.m. then
2 Metamuil at lunch, at dinner take 2 Metamucil and
1 stool softener. It is a rare occassion that I have any
trouble anymore. The key is REGIMENT, everyday I
have been pretty religious about it and I must say
it is difficult to remember to take it, but it is definitely
worth it, I knew in my mind that taking that stuff
off-and-on didn't really work, I just didn't know the magic
schedule, I get the off brand and it works just fine.
It even works with me taking pain meds every day, but
you do have to drink a lot of water which is no problem
for me, because I already did that, I also try to stay
away from red meat, which that is extremely difficult
for me to digest, if I eat a hamburger it ruins me, and
I just crave a good old hambuger sometimes. I don't know why more Dr.s don't tell people about
this after or even before their surgeries. Of course
you do need to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I
just could not stand that stool getting stuck in these
weird places, I couldn't get my mind off of it all day,
it is just misery, it is bad when you can't think about
anything but your bowel movements, I use to have
dreams about it.
Unread 05-06-2006, 07:48 PM
failed rectocele??

I know what you mean. it seems to consume me. Like will the stool get stuck? yada yada yada. I take citrelcel and mix it witha litle medimucil in the evening. I am going to start taking it every morining again to see if that helps push it out later in the day. I get that feeling, then pressure and gas, I think it is the rectum trying to push the stool. I still feel like something is falling, the pressure above the pubic bone. The doc said maybe adhesions, but to me it feel like my vagina or something is really heavy there. My doctor checked when he did the cystocle and rectocele repair and said my vagina was fine and no enterocele. But i wonder if my vagina needs some kind of suspension or somthing. Something does not feel right , but maybe it never will. I am beginning to think so. It does get depressing. i have called the mayo clinic and John Hopkins, my insurance will cover me if i want to go there for an evaluation. But it is so far and the back and forth. But I really dont want to live like this either. I am only 48. I am hoping maybe time will help. thanks for all your help and support. I know my family gets sick of it so I dont always talk about it. it had taken over my life. Sue
Unread 05-06-2006, 07:50 PM
failed rectocele??

SLT

Do you take the pills or drink the medimucil? Just wondering how the pills work. Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register