tell me how great your life is now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tell me how great your life is now tell me how great your life is now

Unread 04-24-2006, 11:40 AM
tell me how great your life is now

may 5th hyster. asking to keep my ovar. not sure why to keep cervix? anyways, terrified of anything invasive.huge fibroids, anemic all of the time, can't plan any events dont know if i'll show up! have put this off for 10years. have an 8 yr old. adoption, best decision i ever made!! 51. tell me how happy you are that you made this decision!!! im joining water aerobics, swimming whenever i want!!! WHITE UNDERPANTS, WHITE PANTS, sitting on your white sofa!!! going camping without worry!!! tell me!!!!
rebecca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2006, 11:47 AM

Bebecca,

I hope we get some good replies. I not scheduled til Sept. but feel the same way you do about scheduling everything around one safe week.
Unread 04-24-2006, 11:55 AM

Well, for the first time in my adult life, I can have a pain-free BM! How's that for starters? I had a severely tipped backwards uterus and it pushed on my rectum, and it was 3x regular size (and I also had Stage IV endo. which 5 years ago was just mild adhesions). I had not had a day in over 5 years that I had not had at least moderate pain. I would go to work, take Advil all day, come home, take a pain pill, make dinner and lay on the sofa or bed all evening. Then on the weekend, I would work all Sat. to catch up on chores and do the kids' games, play rehearsals, etc., then would crash on Sun. and be in severe pain all day. I am now at 8 1/2 weeks, I have been to work for 3, my energy is still not where I want it to be, but compared to pre-op, my life is already better. I have not had a pain pill in over 5 weeks and I haven't been able to say that for years. And I took Advil yesterday for a sinus headache and hadn't used it in over a month. I haven't been able to say that since my OB/GYN game me a script for Motrin in 1982!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2006, 12:07 PM

LIfe is wonderful now.. I can go and do whatever I want.. Don't have to make sure a bathroom is near by.. NO MORE PAINFUL PERIODs with lots of bleeding.. I couldn't get out of bed unless I took at least 4 pain relivers every couple of hours. Vacations are now whenever we want to go somewhere.. Even if I counted the days exactly, I would start early and mess up the whole trip.. I can now exercise, wear white, not be so groucy ALL of the time.. My husbands says I'm a whole new person and this has helped my marriage a great deal.. Sex couldn't be better.. Just remember to take it easy for a few months and don't lift, vaccuum, clean or any of the other things the doctor tells you. You only have one chance to heal right so pamper yourself and enjoy the relaxation time.. you deserve it.
Unread 04-24-2006, 12:17 PM

thanks so much
Unread 04-24-2006, 12:54 PM

No more periods I am only 12 days out.I don't know how to explain it,but it's like my body is at ease.Even know I have had it rough these 12 days I am glad I did it...
Unread 04-24-2006, 12:57 PM

I'm three months post tomorrow, although my energy isn't where I'd like YET, I haven't felt this good in years!!! You already pointed out the obvious benis, wearing white, swimming, etc. Just having a life back that doesn't have to be scheduled around feeling crappy and the closest toilet is incredibly liberating.....shades of how free I felt as a child.
Unread 04-24-2006, 01:12 PM

LOL!!! I'm trying to look on the bright side too! My uterus is tilted too (found that out the hard way), but no one has ever said it would cause bowel problems. I just about cried when I read that one sister was able to have pain free BM's. I cry with every bowel movement. My husband just doesn't understand how I can have pain with something so simple. I stress and look for restroom sign everywhere we go...just because my gyn problems and Bowels love to cause problems together. They are just mean like that I guess

Up until today I had that positive outlook...now I'm worrying and focusing on all the what if's...guess that's just pre-op jitters.

Send some love and good vibes my way on Friday...and I'm hoping for a new life afterwards!!!
Unread 04-24-2006, 01:43 PM

I am glad my surgery is over. It means I don't have to think about having it done, as I had been for at least 2 years prior. I know it's not true for all of us, but the surgery fixed ALL of my problems. I love being free of the pressure of my uterus in my abdomen; I am particularly aware of that when I'm lying in bed. I'm happy to be free of my periods, free from shopping for the fattest tampons and the biggest pads I could find. I'm glad I no longer have to clean up the messes in my bathroom resulting from my period. I'm happy I can fool around with my hubby any time I want. My energy is returning, my scar is fading, life is GREAT!
Unread 04-24-2006, 06:29 PM

Thank you all so much for all this positive news. I live overseas and flew home two weeks ago just to see my GYN. My first statement to him was, "I'm here to beg you for a hysterectomy." He chuckled, did an exam, looked over my history, and listened to my update--I'd seen someone else over the Christmas holiday. He agreed that surgery is called for--I'm so happy!!! I'm looking forward to a pain-free life where I can do all the things you mention here. Can't wait for June 26th!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register