tell me how great your life is now - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tell me how great your life is now tell me how great your life is now

Unread 04-30-2006, 08:01 AM
tell me how great your life is now

For me the lack of pain is the big thing. Everything else is just a bonus!
It was the right decision for me, and I'd do it again if I had to go back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2006, 08:53 AM

Where do I start?
No more cramps that would keep me in bed for a day.
No more feeling sick to my stomach and running for the bathroom.
No more having to wear a Depends and two maxi pads to prevent accidents.
No more standing up and feeling like my insides are going to come gushing out.
No more having to sleep in certain positions to avoid accidents.
No more staring longingly at my pool for a whole week because I can't go in.
No more worrying about being able to excercise on certain days because I don't have the energy or want to avoid having an accident.
No more ruined dinner plans, day trip plans or vacations.
I am free to do whatever I want, whenever I want, and I feel better than new.
AND- I've lost 20 lbs so far!!! Life is good!!
Unread 04-30-2006, 10:36 AM

I'm 6 days post-op and already I feel so much better (and no, I'm not on narcotics still!).

No more feeling like a baby's head is about to pop out of me, no more pain, no more bleeding (none! Yes!!!), no more lower back pain (woot!!), no more exhaustion (I actually feel more energetic already, even though I can't do a lot with that energy yet). No more worry Peace of mind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipchik47
hi all, thanks for all the info. I had a failed ablation several years ago. I couldn't believe it........I should have had the hyst then too. I have had pain everywhere for years..heavy periods, cramps back and abdomen pain,bowel problems, leg pain, I am a mess and looking forward to the surgery. I am scared though, I have high blood pressure and when I had a d&d last December [my 3rd one] They told me when I woke up I had a big blood pressure issue during that procedure.....Anyone have bad abdomen pain??? Did it go away after surgery..........??
Hey HipChik!
I too had pain for years, everywhere! I was a flippin mess and in March 06 I had 3 periods.......I went crying into my gyn's office, she then said, Okay, you can now have your hysterectomy you wanted for xmas. haha! In Jan. 06 I had fibroid tumors removed from the uterus and she (my gyn) thought that would eliminate all the pain and heavy periods I was having....nope, didnt work, so that is why I went straight into her office blubbering like a baby. She scheduled my hyst for April 10, 2006 and I am 3 weeks and 4 days post op and I feel so incredibly wonderful except for the healing pains and exhaustion.
I hope you have the same relief too, and chances are you will !! It is almost like a miracle!!
About your high blood pressure........be sure your doctor is aware and I am sure he/she is.......I too have a bout of high blood pressure, I take hydrochlorot 25mg once a day and I had to keep taking it the day of and the day after surgery. Now my BP is back to normal and I feel great.
The ab pain is slowly easing and you just cannot over do it because you will be in pain if you try to go back to doing your daily routine too soon. Just follow the doc's orders exactly and you will be fine and finally pain free of it all !!
Good luck to you and if you have questions feel free to email me!
take care!!

Kim
Unread 05-05-2006, 03:34 AM

Hi Rebecca

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your visit to the castle today.

I'm still in some pain (from over doing it) right now. But I do feel I made the right decision to have this done (especially after seeing the pictures of my uterus). I'm looking forward to all of the good things that are in store for me for having this surgery.
Unread 05-05-2006, 03:41 AM

Hi Karen!
You feeling better now? Sure hope so !! My lower right ab pain is pretty much gone as long as I don't over do it (I am trying hard to be good, but stuff needs to get done in this house).
Yesterday, went shopping with D/D for prom stuff for about 3.5 hrs, ended up paying for it a little today but I am a little more energetic and have much less pain than last week. I guess the gyn was right about just having some normal healing pain.
Had 2 naps today so I am up late tonight!!
I am going back to work on Monday! BLEH!
I will try to see if I can make it an entire day, if not I will just come home.
Anyway, hope all is well with you and be good to yourself !

Kim
Unread 05-05-2006, 04:20 AM

Hi Kim

Actually not yet on the feeling better. The pain is there right now pretty hard. Seems like it's been there forever. Yesterday I went by my work place for about 30 minutes (not to work though), cleaned up on my van (very little & not over doing it), took an hour nap and nothing else. I am trying my best to be good to myself. Thanks for your concern.

Glad to hear your pain is doing better. Try not to OVER DO IT..
Unread 05-08-2006, 01:55 AM

I debated a long time whether or not I should skip this forum because I cannot give a happy report about my TAH/BSO and I know you want to hear only positive feedback...

However, I decided to go ahead and post because I wish I had known, back when I was in your place, about the side of hysterectomy that I now live in. Not good. Not good at all. And worse yet, in the five years since my surgery, I have heard from thousands of other women like myself.

Yes, there are those with happy endings, but pretending there are those without happy endings does not make it so. Every woman who is considering this surgery owes it to herself to become fully informed and completely aware of all possibilities. If you should be one who lands on our side of the fence (remember, none of us expected to be here either) you will have a much harder time coping with negative consequences if you did not do your best for yourself before resorting to a permanent, life-altering surgery.

A visit to the forums :steer: in "Hormone Jungle" and "Hysterectomy Special Needs" should be, in my opinion, mandatory reading for all ladies considering hysterectomy. These are all sisters who were once ladies in waiting themselves and they all have their stories too.

Please understand that I hope your story has a happy ending and that the only reason I posted is to hopefully spare you a case of the "If onlys" by hearing balanced feedback on the subject. :balanc:
Unread 05-08-2006, 01:27 PM

I'm sorry to hear you did not have a good outcome from your surgery. I don't think anyone wants to pretend that everyone gets the results they are hoping for, or that complications from surgery are impossible. We all weigh our situations and have to make our choices. Many women here mention other options that they tried before the hyst that did not improve their situations, and so knowing the risks attached to any surgery, they go ahead and take their chance. That doesn't mean that their choice is a blindly optimistic one. For some people, there simply IS no other choice if they have malignancy diagnosed, they have to go ahead and hope for the best. Thanks for sharing your experience here, I think it was great of you to do so.
Unread 05-08-2006, 05:20 PM

i am 2 months post op. this is the best thing that has ever happened to me
~ no more buying stock in kotex
~ no more cramps
~ no more bleeding 7 to 10 days
~ no more clots the size of half dollars
~no more feeling like my insides are falling out
~bought myself whit underware!
~ pms subsiding used to get it horrable
~ getting my energy back
~ can go swimming anytime i want
~ no more pain when i am intamite with my hubby
~ no more heartburn
my list can go on and on.. but basicly i have my life back!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register