Pets names and why they are called that. - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pets names and why they are called that. Pets names and why they are called that.

Unread 07-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Pets names and why they are called that.

I love these names that have been shared!

My husband and I are just alike and love animals. Our three children have often said how happy they are we allowed most anything.

We have:

Beauregard (Beau), 11 yo, and Dixie, 7 yo, Jack Russells. When we got Beau, I wanted a southern name from our little gentleman. Of course, Beau needed a Dixie.

Cherry, 6 yo, a black cat. My daughters and I love cherries. For some reason, it fit the sweet black kitten.

Scooter Roo, 3 yo, a black/white chihuhua who is my shadow. Named after a chihuahua I had as a child and had to give to a heart patient.

Bridgette, 6 months old, chocolate lab. DD wanted her dog to have a human's name.

Elvis, 3 yo, mutt rabbit with hints of blue in his coat. My DD and I just heart Blue Suede Shoes before rescuing the sweetie from the pet shop. He was not eating and his coat was full of mites. Named him Elvis, took him to doc and he's been 100% ever since!

Gilligan, 2 yo, a blue crown conure with a lot to say. Gilligan, because when he flaps his wings, I think of the episode when Gilligan coated his arms in bird feathers and couldn't fly. My Gilley can't either as we keep him clipped.

Zebra Finches, Flit and Istom are parents to two. We've not found out their sexes yet. Our DDs named them, no clues on the origination of their names. These little fellas multiply quickly. Thankfully we've learned a few things to keep their family to four - for now.

Oz, a ball python, who belongs to our son. He plans to move back home in February while completing his degree. We call him our grandson who must remain in our son's room!

I just can't imagine life without animals. They truly add responsibility, lessons for all, and tons of love and laughter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Smile - Pets names and why they are called that. Pets names and why they are called that.

I told my daughter who is an only child that when she was 7 she could have a dog. So, three years ago we went to the breeders and I prayed she would pick out my favorite dog the Afghan. But nooooooo, she went for the toy poodle. Who now I love so much I can't keep my hands off her. Though my recovery she never leaves my side. Her name is Princess Phoebe Buffay of Brooklyn. we just call her Phoebe. We make sure when we go away that we stay at a pet friendly hotel. We are going away in three weeks and Phoebe has her bathing suit ready.

I still want my Afgan
Janet
Unread 08-01-2006, 09:31 PM

We have 3 cats and 1 dog.
Cat #1's name is Sir Spunky Blue eyes we call him Spunky he is 14 and a registered Seal Point Himalayin.
Cat #2's name is Tigger DD named him he is a dark black and gold stripe tabby.
Cat #3's name is Lucky he is a Russian Blue and he was found inside a boat we went to pick up at 1 day old. I bottle fed him until he could eat food on his own hence the name lucky.
The dogs name is Abby she is a combo of red doberman and hunting dog. She was my step sons and lived in a cage all day so we took her in.

I would love to have more cats but DH is allergic so I don't want to press my luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Question - Pets names and why they are called that. Spiders

My father use to name every spider he saw in the house either Fred or George. I don't know why. When my half sister was born he started calling her George too! Poor kid!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your last name would not happen to be "Weasley", would it?

If anyone is by the joke and I will fill you in!!
Just let me know.
Unread 08-06-2006, 12:00 PM

Shih Tzu: Molly.... call her Mooly Monroe
Poodle/Pomeranian: Lexi.... call her wooda. (came from wee little one) LOL
Sheltie: Shilo.... we sing 'Shilo when you were young... I used to call your name.... LOL
Two Bettas... Poe and Moe
Unread 08-08-2006, 12:53 PM

I have a 2 year old 110lb. Bloodhound named Junior. That was his name when we got him 6 months ago.

We have a new addition to the family, a 2 month old Black Lab. No name yet. We can't seen to find a name we can agree on. Help!!!
Unread 08-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Smile - Pets names and why they are called that. Strange names

One named Harry because he is a Hairy orange tabby. Callie why I do not know she was a cat that first belonged to a cousin and then my Mom and when she is a black and white cat so who knowes. Our Harry adopted us we went to the SPCA after our DD lost a kitten he reached his paw through and tapped her on the shoulder so I knew he would work out fine.
There are also Birds here parttime the are Orlando, Bloom,
Phantom and Masquerade they are my daughter two need no explaining the other two she loves Phantom of the Opera and when she got them they showed that they love the music sung by Patrick Wilson he played Rauol. The birds will head back to college this weekend.
Unread 08-10-2006, 04:18 PM

I have an Australian Cattle Dog and her name is Daisy.
She was named after my ex-fiances favorite flower. Unfortunatly he is no longer with me but my best dog Daisy still is!
Unread 09-02-2006, 05:18 PM

I have an AKC Pom stud named Chewbacca after the charactor in Star Wars. He was just a tiny little ball of fur with a black and tan face when we got him. We couldnt decide on a name untill he started to mature, and then, there it was... he looked just like the charactor. I call him Bocky, Chewy,or Bacca for short. I love my Bacca.
Unread 09-03-2006, 07:46 PM

I just recently lost my beloved cat BEANS. He was named because at the time I was into collecting beanie babies. lol I miss him terribly.

I adopted a cat from a shelter recently (9mos old cat) and named him Pauly Walnuts after the character from Sopranos. He has the same hair coloring and even the wings on the side of his head....no kidding. He's really a great cat.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register