Symptoms... what are some of yours? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Symptoms... what are some of yours? Symptoms... what are some of yours?

Unread 04-26-2006, 02:27 AM
Symptoms... what are some of yours?

Uterus was on its way down and out....! So we helped it along. lol x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2006, 02:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have fibroids don't know how many, the doctor discovered them 4 years ago. My symptoms are not too bad yet!!! My period lasts about 6-7 days, one day a bit heavy the rest not too bad(seems to linger on at the end)Pain, not as bad as some of you ladies are dealing with a low throb in my uterus (It doesn't stop me doing anything) as for clots? a few tiny ones (sorry if this is too graphic) Changing the subject after I had my son I went to the hospital toilet and passed a clot as big as a football!! So I rang the emergency button and the midwives came running!! They took one look and said thats quite normal (It didn't feel normal to me, I thought I was having another baby!!) so I felt like I had wasted their time... Anyway getting back to symptoms I have slight bladder pressure if I drink too much and my tummy looks a bit bigger (not pregnancy size)

So I am going to wait and see what happens! because I want to keep my uterus as long as possible.

I might change my mind in the future.

(PS. Have you looked at the site on blood loss during periods, its very confusing!!)

Best wishes

Francine
Unread 04-26-2006, 04:18 AM

God I love you sisters and I love this site. For me I had heavy bleeding (changing pads every hour). Severe cramping: stomach and legs. Frequent urinating, and constipation. Large clots (size of grapefruit, sorry bad visual). A constant fear that I wouldn't be able to get to a bathroom in time (often didn't). What a mess. Fear that I wouldn't wake up often enough during the night to change my pad. The gushing of blood if I sat to long or layed to long. The headachs and nausea. Boy I won't miss it. Everytime I start to worry about the surgery I think of all that, then I don't worry.

My doctor found 12+ fibroids ( she stopped counting at 12 because they were so many) and one cyst on my right overy the size of an orange. My uterus is the size of someone 4 months pregnant. I had dysplasia 7 years ago. Leading to my doctor saying...it all needs to go. I can't wait, only a little longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2006, 11:02 AM

Thanks to all you ladies that answered my original post!
I appreciate your input.
The only other symptom that I forgot to write was painful intercourse. 2 months ago when the tumor(s) was found with an ultrasound my husband and I had had sex that morning and I hurt all day long.... when I woke up the next morning at 2 am crying in my sleep because of the pain he took me to the hospital

Have a great day everyone!
Unread 04-26-2006, 11:09 AM

Heavy bleeding, chronic anxiety, excruciating pain on my right side. I have many, many ovarian cysts on both ovaries and adenomyosis. I won't be surprised if after surgery I'm told I also have fibroids but so far they haven't been mentioned. The pain starts in the middle of my tummy and goes all the way around to the middle of my back....and shoots down my leg and up my spine. I vomit due to the pain....I vomit when I take pain meds....sometimes I get migraines with the pain. My periods are long (well, long for me...about 8 days or so) and extremely heavy with lots of clots. Last month I had 3 periods. This month I've had one so far which stopped after 3 days (a first since this trouble began...but when it stopped the pain started).

No rhyme or reason to when it will begin. The only time I could predict it is when I took hormones...first progesterone and then BC pills. That's the only time I could identify a pattern.
Unread 04-26-2006, 11:26 AM

Heavy bleeding. I was so sick for 2 years. I was fatigued, lathargic, loss of appetite. I laid on the couch for 2 years. The older women told me it was normal. I was losing so much blood every month. The church mother told me it was the sign of premenapause. I believed her because she's 70 years old. Well it got so bad when I finally went to the doctor, my hemoglobin count was down to 4 and I had to have an emergency blood transfusion because I had iron deficiency anemia. Through exam they found I had fibroids and immediately scheduled for a hysterectomy because of my medical history of anemia and other previous medical problems.
Unread 04-26-2006, 11:37 AM

My bad periods only have started the last year or so. My fibroids have been watched for years!! Cramps, heavy bleeding, ridiculous clot size, back ache, constipation also ridiculous Last month I was on vacation with what I hope was my last period. I almost went to the emergnecy room, bleeding so much it was a waste of time and product to put in a tampon or pad. Just stayed in the bath room for 3 hours. May 8th can't get here fast enough!! (supposed to start my period on that day - for the love of god!)
Unread 05-10-2006, 09:06 AM

Janeteacher, I hope you listened to ChaCha and contacted your dr. My best friend and I both talk about how we never fit the mold, of the heavy bleeding. In the end, I had rapidly growning fibroids (one the size of a small football), enlarged uterus to where I looked like 5/6 mos. pregnant, had adeno, cystic/hemo. ovaries/tube, back pain. Before the fibroids made me look pregnant, dr. had dismissed me as just looking for something...because I had been seeing him every 3 mos. for check ups after a colpo. Used to have bad periods w/clots, but the bleeding really lightened up, so don't use that as an indicator for you. We both had adeno. Take care. Jackie
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:05 AM

I guess I'm one of those that never had bad periods until a little over a year ago. I was always one of those girls that had a period for 4-5 days and was pretty light. But then I started having these bad periods with big clots and I knew something was wrong. Went to the Dr. had a pap, it came back with abnormal cells. had a colpo but we were just gonna have a pap every 6 mths and keep an eye on it. well, I was having these periods and they thought it was my bc pills and they tried like 3 different types and I was just getting worse. My pain increased, I started peeing myself and had to wear those big pose pads, had the big clotty periods. I had a terrible pain in my chest and upper back, I went to my family Dr. and he said I had costochondritis from where I was exercising to much. I'm 33 and felt like a nursing home patient with the way I felt. Anyway, went for my 6 mth pap check up, and they thought I was pregnant because of the size of my uterus. The preg test was negative, so they sent me back to my gyno and here I am!! lol....Anyway, my chest/back pain is gone, I dont pee myself anymore!! woooooo hoooooooo!! I hate that I'm young and had to have this done, and I didnt have bad periods forever like some of you did, but I'm so glad to have my hyster over with. I think it was all for the best. Good luck to all you sisters with all these problems, it is gonna get better! It may take awhile, but maybe not as long as you have been suffering.
Unread 05-10-2006, 11:06 AM

For me I kinda blew off the "signs". I was on birth control for no reason other than to have set periods and less cramping. I started spotting during the month...while on active pills. I chalked it up to the pharmacy giving me a lighter dose back in Oct. (when the "signs" started). I also had a horrid time controlling my bladder. As the 6 months went on both got worse. First it was constantly going to the bathroom, then in Feb I hit a point where I was having 'accidents'. The spotting went from very light pink to first-day-period type. I also noticed clotting and some mild abdominal pains...more like a soreness than cramps. In Feb I made appts to see my PCP for the bladder issues and my regular gyn exam in April.

Mid March I saw the clots I called my doctor-went that day. 2 weeks later all the tests came back for cervical cancer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register