Symptoms... what are some of yours? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Symptoms... what are some of yours? Symptoms... what are some of yours?

Unread 05-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Symptoms... what are some of yours?

Well I had what everybody calls the "achey breaky back", nausea, fatigue, mood swings, severe allergies.
I just had my LSH 6 days ago and they found 3 big fibroids, numerous small fibroids, holes in my uterus, cysts on my ovaries(but my ovaries were still good), adhesions stuck to my tummys fat pad, and adhesions stuck to my bladder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2006, 08:09 PM

For me, I have very heavy periods, they last about 7-8 days, and very bad cramps, big clots, when I get up some mornings I make a mad dash to the bathroom and still end up scaring someone ;-) . I have back pain and when I stand I feel like my insides are coming out (pressure I guess). When i ovulate I also have bad cramps, sometimes it's so bad it's hard to walk. I'm anemic from the blood loss, I feel dizzy and tired and run down all the time. Also...now here is something only my hubby and my dr know...but twice a month (when I ovulate and when I start my period) I get diarrhea, it's not severe but the hours of cramps that come before hand are, I told my dr I've had labor pains that don't hurt that bad.

My ultrasound showed some fibroids and she offered me a choice of endometrial ablation or the hysterectomy, after talking with my hubby and my sister I decided the odds with the endo ablation aren't good enough and might as well do it right the first time and be done with it.

Amy
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:31 PM

Hi! I am new, not scheduled, not even sure if they are going to do a hyster yet, (but I am hoping), seeing the surgeon on Friday, but here are my symptoms and why I am wanting a hyster:
I have lower back pain which is not muskoskeletal (I have been told), periods so heavy I often wonder if I should go to the ER and really big clots, a fibroid, I also have the diarrhea issue which usually starts 3-4 days before my actual "scheduled" period (I call it the pre period poops), cramping that can keep me in bed or that keeps me up at night, currently I have a polyp thing holding my cervix open which may or may not be connected to the fibroid. I have spotting spontaneously and after sex (no smoking after sex for me, just spotting after sex :-}) I have really bad cramps during ovulation, which "may or may not be ovarian cysts rupturing" and about the time I start ovulating, I become a psychotic, schizophrenic, sometimes happy, sometimes depressed, sometimes angry beast. So, anyway, those are my symptoms, which I hope will score me an appointment at the castle real soon. Might I mention that I have been having these issues for at least 20 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2006, 08:59 PM
new here, can i join in?

I have had HEAVY bleeding, baseball size clots and I am severe anemic. At night my legs ache so bad when I am on my period........I did not know that was symptom!

I find out tomorrow when my surgery is schedule, and this morning I found out my bladder has fallen....very weird!

Deanna
Unread 05-11-2006, 11:13 AM

Hi Everyone,
My Symptoms First Started Out With Horriable Cramping Around The Time Of My Periods,and I Was Having Irregular Bleeding Too So The Dr. Put Me On Bc,none Of The Low Dose Ones Helped I Just Broke Through,so Then They Put Me On One Of The Highest That There Was For The Cysts And Pain,but After A While It Was Causing Depresion. Anyway Over The Years It Got Worse At Ovulation I Would Get A Pain All The Way From My Left Ovary To My Knee And Sometimes Even My Calf And It Really Hurts To Put Presure On It Like Standing. When I Started To Have Intercourse It Was Really Bad Like The Sister Said Above It Would Keep Me Up All Night And Throb The Next Day,not To Mention My Belly Would Swell To Look Like I'm Pregnant. Periods Continue To Increse In Pain And Duration When I Ovulate Now I Get A Bruising Sensation 2 Days Before And Then I Get The Pain Of The Ovary Exploding,and A Day Later The Bruising Is Back And You Have To Be Careful How You Sit Because The Cervix Is So Tender That You Pray Not To Have To Use The Bathroom At This Time. I Have Alot Of Heavieness In The Pelvis And It Worsens By The End Of The Day And Have A Very Hard Time With The Bowel Movements,and Frequent Urinating,my Back Aches And Severe Migrains,i Can't Wear Tight Clothes Or It Bothers It,i've Never Been Able To Wear A Tampon Because Of The Pain.I Knew I Needed To Have The Surgery,But Was Trying To Wait A Little While So I Got The Depo Shot now I Have A Calsified Mass In There That Feels Like A Boulder.So They Said That Regardless Of Getting The Surgery For Ths Pain They Need To Remove It Asap Because They Don't Know What It Is,They Don't Think It Is A Fibroid,And They Checked Me For Endometrial Cancer!i Get Sad When I Think Of All That Is Wrong With Me But Hope Fully The Surgery Will Make It Better!
Unread 05-11-2006, 01:21 PM

Well, my symptoms are not *so* bad as most...anymore. But still bad enough that I feel like my upcoming hyst is the right choice. I initially had heavy bleeding and anemia due to my fibroids, which was resolved by an ablation. Then the little buggers continued to grow and gave me bulk symptoms, which were relieved initially by a UAE. Now one dead one is still big enough to feel uncomfortable and the bigger live one is in cahoots with it to press on my bladder and bowel; so I have to pee more often, especially around my period, I have irregular BMs (from one extreme to the other) and sometimes pain during sex. Also my periods have been lasting about 2 weeks (of course, now that I have a surgery date, the last one was only about 8 days!!!) This morning I had a pre-colonoscopy exam and the PA who was feeling around my belly got me to gasp and jump when she pressed around on my fibroids! And I find myself sitting down carefully in order to not feel them "get" me, plus I can feel those rocks jostling around sometimes when I walk. Oh, and my uterus is now tipped towards the back (where the big live one is) so that my cervix feels very close to the opening of the vagina - not where it used to be! Plus just occasional twinges of pain. None of this is horrible, but all together it seems like I shouldn't just put up with it. Hope I'm making the right choice!

Debbie
Unread 05-11-2006, 03:10 PM

Wow, listen to everyone. I have bad periods. Two tampons an hour for about two days. AND I still leak!! Clotting and blood loss caused severe anemia. So, one Dr. puts me on iron pills. Everything seems to get better (except the bleeding) so he sends me to gyno for Novasure procedure. (burns uterine lining...keep all, but no periods again) Sounded GREAT! Gyno said...well your uterus is size of 3 month pregnancy and it is attached to your endometriosis scar...sounds like a hysterectomy to me...so...next week...thanks ladies for listening and being there!
Unread 05-11-2006, 06:29 PM

I'm right in there with everyone. Thanks to this site for being there for me. DKRAMER-- honey, I would have had the hyster a long time ago with those symptoms!!! My goodness!

My symptoms are heavy periods all my life-- average 8-12 days long and HEAVY. Clotting started occasionally when I was 18. Now I'm 39, and it is constant.

Doctors used to tell me, "oh it will all change if you have a baby..." I had two. Yea, they changed all right--they got heavier and clottier.

I have had my period on and off (mostly on) for the past 4 years. The soaked giant, diaper-like pad AND super queen-size tampon business every hour has been the past two months-- IF I am not on some kind of progesterone. With progesterone, I can actually manage a heavy period where I can at least sleep 2-3 hours during the night before I have to get up and change. On really lucky nights, I won't feel a gush for five hours.

I am so happy the doctor and insurance company cleared me to go in two weeks. I used to be a professor, and I could not even get through one class period (usually an hour and twenty minutes) without RUNNING to the bathroom in hopes of making it in time. Right now, I feel like my lower abdomen is just a giant heavy brick.

For as much pain as I hear about post-op, I cannot wait to be rid of this curse. I look forward to wearing something other than black skirts and very fluffy, thickened underwear. I look forward to being able to sleep the whole night through. I look forward to not having to clean my mattress every couple of days, and I look forward to having a life again. (And I look forward to not crying everytime I try and vent what has been happening to me all these years because the end is in sight.)

For any fears I have, I am ready to storm that castle and proclaim my freedom!!! Good luck to all!
Unread 05-11-2006, 10:08 PM

i had the horrable periods and bloodclots the size of half dollars i would bleed heavy for the full 7 to 8 days and bleed in between.. id feel like my insides were gonna fall out of me. and my right side would hurt me so bad they thought i had appendix problems which i didnt i had a 12 cm cyst on my ovary. i delt with this for years. i wish the first doc i went to would of listened to me instead of blowing me off.. but i found such a wonderful doctor. which changed my life for the better. but im glad its over..no more pain and suffering
Unread 05-12-2006, 11:50 AM

Hey there - I feel less alone after reading this stuff.

Heavy, heavy periods 10-14 days each, sometimes twice monthly starting at 12 and ending last July at 31 when I started bleeding daily...and never quit. Hormones useless - no effect on bleeding - D&C on 4-27...bled worse daily for 13 days. Told my cervix was falling apart and my uterus was swollen and very unhealthy. Found out on 5-10 this week that I have a bleeding disorder. They're having trouble pinning it down, but I can't clot. Hyst on 5-22, and it's a race to find out what type of bleeding disorder so they can give me appropriate blood products or meds B4 surgery.

I'm infertile anyway, bone-tired, in pain and not eating...I'm ready for this surgery.

Julia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register