got chemo..1 more to go | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

got chemo..1 more to go got chemo..1 more to go

Unread 04-27-2006, 03:55 PM
got chemo..1 more to go

The nuemega shots worked and I got my chemo yesterday!!! yahoo.

Today, I had to go for a blood transfusion cuz white blood cell count was in the toilet. But it helped with the nausea and energy level.

Now, I have to take a Procrit shot once a week to help with the cell count. And 7 more Numega shots for the platlets beginning tonite. Then four more Nuemega shots right before the last chemo. Oh fun. Just sitting here waiting for the nuemega (for the platelets) to get to room temperature so I can start mixing needles again. But so far, so good.

He did reduce my carboplatin dose so maybe that has something do to with me not feeling as bad as usual too.

5 chemos down, 1 to go. !!!!!! yipppeeeeee!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2006, 04:24 PM
got chemo..1 more to go

One more is a great but next time when you tell us that you are finished, that will be even greater.
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better even though you have to have to do all those shots.
Continue to be well.
Rosalie
Unread 04-27-2006, 05:23 PM
got chemo..1 more to go

Great news, W! I hope your last chemo goes off without a hitch and you can resume some normalcy in your life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
got chemo..1 more to go

Isn't the countdown fun?! It felt so great to be able to say one more treatment - I'm so very happy for you. Those shots sound like a real pain though. Hopefully soon, you'll be feeling like yourself again and can get out and enjoy the spring weather! Good luck with your last treatment!
Unread 04-27-2006, 09:12 PM
got chemo..1 more to go

Music to my ears! (one more treatment to go)

How very exciting for you!! YAY!!

XO Donna
Unread 04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
So glad for you.

Hey there, Will2Win,
So glad to hear that things are looking up for you.
Here's hoping the rest goes smooth as silk and you're back in the pink raring to go in a zip.

Blessing,
Kat3
Unread 04-28-2006, 01:12 AM
got chemo..1 more to go

That's great news!! One more to go! YAY!

Z xxx
Unread 04-28-2006, 08:04 AM
got chemo..1 more to go

Glad you only have one more. Isn't it so great to be almost done after such a long ordeal?! After all you've been through, you are due for a big celebration!

I got a lower carbo dose once with low platelets and felt better as well. I was told the lower dose was not going to make a difference in killing the cancer.
Unread 04-28-2006, 09:58 AM
got chemo..1 more to go

Those are some miracle drugs, aren't they? I was getting a similar drug (neulasta) that was injected on the day after chemo. I was also on Procrit for a while, too. Very grateful because they kept me on my chemo schedule. (I was having radiation at the same time as the chemo so I was doubly focused on my blood counts and pretty aggressive with my doctor in pursuing the "what do we do when my blood counts start plummeting?" questions.)

I remember how good it feels to get to the end of chemo. Emotionally, I was all over the place but it's wonderful to be finishing the treatment. You've been through so much.

Best to you,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register