Frustrated that pre-op people can't respond to post-op people... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrated that pre-op people can't respond to post-op people... Frustrated that pre-op people can't respond to post-op people...

Unread 04-29-2006, 03:42 AM
Frustrated that pre-op people can't respond to post-op people...

I want to thank all the Post Ops who post over here and give support. I read in the Post Op forum a little before I registered and got scared and decided to stay over here. I can't tell you how much your love and support means when you come over and give us a cyber "chuck on the chin", though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2006, 09:06 AM

Thank you all for responding & I do understand the need for some type of organization. I did send Chardenay a PM right after I typed my 5 minute disertation trying to support her on the Post-Op sight. Iread everything & sometimes forget what forum I"m in & just type away only to have it denied. I do understand, but sometimes get frustrated & will PM people I want to reply to from now on. Of course in 9 short days I'll be on the other side - YIKES!!! I don't mind saying I"m scared to death, but I"m a positive person & I know it is for the best.
NATEY!!! Hooray....yes I am a leap year baby & have never met another. That's awesome...do you love it as much as I do? I can always say I'm younger than I acually am. Right now I'm just 11 1/2. I hated it when I was a kid. I would get teased "you were never born" on all those years that had no 29th, but now it's a hoot! Good luck to all of you ladies...this site is awesome!!
Unread 04-29-2006, 11:19 AM

I am 9 months postop and try to pop over here when I can to lend support. Feel free to PM me anytime I can be of help. At 9 days pre op you must be both nervous and excited. Prepare your nest for comfort, gather some things to keep you busy and some snacks that make you happy. Remember to take your stool softener after surgery and drink lots of fluids. And, when you're up to it, come back to hystersisters and let us know how you are. Best of luck.
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2006, 03:47 PM

Thank you, candyapplelady. I promise to come back often and let the ladies in waiting know I made it through just fine.
Unread 04-29-2006, 04:16 PM

I think a fair number of us post-op women do read over here pretty often. If you put a note in your subject line asking for input from post-op women, that might make it easier for us to notice.

Just before my surgery, a lively discussion was going on in the postop forum about whether it helps pre-op women to know about postop women who had an easy time with surgery--many of the postop messages are from women who are having complications, and women who are having an easier time of recovery often don't post. As a pre-op women, I wanted to hear about all the good recoveries, of course, to calm my nerves. I couldn't add that comment to the discussion, but I did PM the woman who started the thread to let her know that I really appreciated hearing about the smooth, easy recoveries.
Unread 04-29-2006, 07:34 PM

just wanted you wondrful ladis in waiting know,i check the pre-op boards everyday..dont know how much good i am for ya,but i try...i do remember one time trying to respond to a post-opper before my surgery,and got the,nope,you cant do it here yet messege...i cussd my computer for 30 minutes..lol....but many of us post-op adies do check these boards alot,so even if your not on the other side yet,we are still here to help with any questions or concerns,and we all support you...best of luck to everyone with upcoming surgeries....sonie
Unread 04-29-2006, 09:14 PM

Hi all!
I am almost 7 months post op and I would love to answer any questions at all that you might have. I have never been happier and the last few days of waiting were the worst! I am so glad I plunged in and went through with it! My prayers and best wishes for all of you, this site has been my lifeline!
cindi1
Unread 04-29-2006, 10:58 PM

Although I don't check these boards as often as I did pre-op and during my LOA from work, I still try and check in on a regular basis. I remember how helpful everyone's posts were (both pre-op and post-op postings and replies) so I figure I should try and return the favor so I post if I have something to add that I think will be helpful.
Unread 04-30-2006, 09:21 AM

I kind of liked it when it's not a leap year because I would just celebrate all month. When I turned 40 I had 4 parties!!! Two were suprises. I am 13 1/2. I think that's why I wouldn't go into menopause because my uterus thought I was 13. My Dr. kept telling me I was younger than my actual age. I wish you the best of luck in just 10 days. The waiting is the hardest part. I will be 6 weeks post op tomorrow and am extremely happy with results of the surgery. Finally in menopause! Keep me posted on your recovery.
Unread 04-30-2006, 11:39 AM

I get frustrated by the restrictions, too, and can't really understand the need for them. I've done the same as you a couple times with The Road Less Traveled -- written a heart-felt response and was then blocked from posting it. I have had huge problems with adhesions, and that's where most of those posts seem to be. I can't for the life of me see why it would be a problem. There's nothing to keep anyone from posting in cancer concerns (my usual hangout) or most of the other boards, and they don't seem to descend into chaos.

While I'm at it, I'd like to say that I'm also not crazy about the way we enter the site. Some terrified woman writes an introduction to herself, perhaps taking much time and putting a lot of care into the writing, and then gets an automated response. Mere humans aren't even allowed to respond to her. I'm sure there's a significant number of pre-ops who drop the whole thing right there -- we want human responses, not robotic. That's another restriction that makes no sense to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register