Frustrated that pre-op people can't respond to post-op people... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrated that pre-op people can't respond to post-op people... Frustrated that pre-op people can't respond to post-op people...

Unread 05-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Frustrated that pre-op people can't respond to post-op people...

First of all, to ALL the s, I hope all goes well for ALL of you!

I do see both sides, although I especially see ((Genie's)) point of view. So many put their hearts and souls into the introductory post, only to find an automated reply. But I do see that the Hostesses try their best to put a "human" reply on there as well, as they can. It's hard, when there are SOOO many members, and SOOO many posts, to respond appropriately, and individually, to everyone! There aren't that many Hostesses, and they are volunteers who take time out of their busy lives (I know there are some who work full-time AND volunteer here, as I did when I was a hostess).

These restrictions are new since I was a newly minted post-op. I know that the guidelines for the Road were generally understood to be for those ladies who were still struggling after six months post-op (which I still am). I'm not sure when my first post on the Road was, but it was probably within that six-month period, as I did have adhesions from early on, as Genie says. But I also understand that it is hard to separate out long-term problems from the short-term in those first six months; so many things can cause pain early on!

I think any site this big, and with an all-volunteer administration like this one has, has to have some organizational rules. It's hard to understand sometimes, as like any rules it seems that there should be exceptions, but chaos could easily happen when you have this many hormonal, stressed women with such different needs. And, like others here, I do respond (even though it's been four years this month ) where I see a post that relates to my own experience. It's sort of a "pay it forward" thing -- and when you s pass through to the other side, I know that you, too, will remember what these days are like and share your support for others when the time comes!

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2006, 04:30 AM

I'm just over 8 weeks post op, and I still try to check in every day. This site was so much help to me pre op and in the early days of my recovery. If there is anything I can say to anyone that will help, I certainly try to. However, sometimes I feel funny posting because I've had a good recovery with no complications. I don't want anyone to think I'm bragging or making fun of anyone who isn't doing as well.

To you pre-op ladies, yes there are some scary stories on here, but there are also some very positive ones. It just seems that those with positive stories don't post as much. I wish you all uneventful surgeries and recoveries. See you on the post op side soon!
Unread 05-01-2006, 07:23 AM

hi {{{sisters}}} I am 3+ months out from my hyster and also frequently (okay DAILY !!) scan the pre-op boards to see if I can lend some support to our ..........I know what a GODSEND it was to me to have sooth my fears about going to the castle or what to bring there (or not bring!!) and just to get the wonderful support if I needed to vent my fears..............I know it`s frustrating to not be able to post on certain forums because you don`t fit the criteria,but I know Kathy has nothing but the BEST of intentions for us all...........I am just grateful such a warm ,caring person such as Kathy started this web-site and takes the time and trouble to keep it up and running(Thanks Kathy ) that it doesn`t bother me that I can`t post in certain places.............it is what it is and I`m just grateful this site is HERE!!!!! Blessings, Renee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2006, 01:32 PM

Somehow the point I was trying to make has gotten changed into something else. I DO love this site (or I wouldn't still be coming back over & over)....my only qualm was that I couldn't respond to a post-op's post. I realize there are many ladies who are post-op & still come into the pre-op site to help & that's so very kind of them. That was NEVER what my complaint was about. I wanted to try & make someone else feel better who happened to be in the post-op board. It now sounds as though some of the ladies feel I am bashing this site & that was not my intention. I was just frustrated that I couldn't help someone else....not that they couldn't help me. I just wanted to straighten that out. I do appreciate Cathy & all the ladies who volunteer their services & the ladies who help others....I was just trying to be one of the ones helping & I couldn't ....that's all my gripe was about. It got blown out of perportion & turned into something that I never even said. So, if anyone was offeneded - I do apologize, but my post went into a different direction some how.
Unread 05-01-2006, 01:37 PM

((( Ladies ))) I appreciate your concerns and want you to know that we did not make these decisions easily. We made these restrictions after many years online with a growing community.

We were spending a great deal of time moving threads that belonged in pre-op....but were posted in post op. Its understandable that as a pre-op member you want input from women "who have been there". But because of the great deal of time moving those threads out of post-op which didn't belong there we set up the requirements for post-op. Its the place for post-op members to post. It was a time-contraint and energy issue for our volunteer staff. We were wearing them out!

As for the automated bot in the Introduce Yourself forum, the description is clear. No one is required to post there. It is a place for new members to test out their posting ability AND to get direction (if they need help) on where to post. Again, its not required and the forum description is clear:

Quote:
Unsure where to post? Stop by here and introduce yourself. We can help you find your way around. Replies only by our special "bot" and staff for Non-hyst support help for navigating the site.
We added this forum for our new members who joined and didn't know how to get started. If you don't need it, ignore it. It helps many newbies get oriented to this huge website. WIth almost 90,000 members and over 1.5 million posts...it helps our newest members get started with helpful links.

Hugs to each of you and thanks for your concerns. You are the perfect members who understand this website is the best on the internet, the best place for support for hysterectomy issues because it is our wonderful members who make this website great: Women helping women.
Unread 05-01-2006, 04:26 PM

Easily understood Kathy..
I can see where that would be a mess and you are doing a wonderful job and you are very much appreciated..as i know everyone on here believes as well.
Unread 05-01-2006, 06:43 PM

i am post op to and if u guys have any questions id be happy 2 help. i am 2 months post op and let me tell u i feel better than i have in years! my sex life is wonderful now infact better than ever! my swelly belly is almost gone and i have lost alot of inches on my waist. i was so scared before hand. had myself so worked up. but it was the best thing ive ever done. you ladies will be thanking yourself later!!
Unread 05-02-2006, 12:32 AM

Well... I think you have the attention of us post ops now!lol.... I am 4 weeks post, if there is anything I can do, just holler!

karenann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register