anaesthesia questions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anaesthesia questions anaesthesia questions

Unread 05-01-2006, 09:46 PM
anaesthesia questions

I am in the VERY small percentage of people who have woken up from anesthesia at an in opportune time. It happens SO rarely that unless you are aware that you have problem with this it is not likely to happen to you. It was during my very first surgery, for wisdom teeth, and was while I was taking a medication that made me EXTREMELY sleepy so that I fought daily to stay awake. The surgeon believes this to be the reason. I have to tell you that when I came to it was only for the shortest bit of time and that there was no pain. I couldn't speak, but as soon as I moved my hand everyone in the room stopped what they were doing, and said "I think she is awake." The doctor asked me to move my fingers I did. He repeated the process, I did again, and the next thing I remember is being in the recovery room. I was not in pain, due to the anesthetic, and I was never afraid or uncomfortable. Please tell your anesthetist if this is a worry for you, they will monitor you carefully, but only that once has that happened and I have had five surgeries since. It sounds MUCH more scary than it is and I have more faith in my anesthetist at each surgery than anyone else in the room.

Best wishes and feel free to PM me if you need support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2006, 11:53 PM
anaesthesia questions

Wow, that is crazy! oh all the ladies are right make sure your person knows alll of this before hand. I saw it on nip/tuck... lol, different story all together... haha,

I think if they are all aware of this problem they will anticipate it, and take action to prevent it.

karenann
Unread 05-02-2006, 05:32 AM
anaesthesia questions

Thank you to all! I really appreciate you support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2006, 10:37 AM
anaesthesia questions

I was an OR nurse for many years, and never had a patient wake-up during a case, nor did I hear of it happening.

Talk over your concerns with your anesthesiologist, though. I am certain he or she will be able to put your mind at ease.
Unread 05-02-2006, 01:32 PM
anaesthesia questions

OH my goodness, I had a dream about this exact thing last night. It must be the nerves before. I will be talking to mydr or anesthesiologist for sure. I've never had any surgeries for anything, so unsure how my body is going to react to it all.
Unread 05-02-2006, 04:33 PM
anaesthesia questions

I think we'll do just fine
Unread 05-02-2006, 08:38 PM
anaesthesia questions

You know, I have heard about it, but it is so rare that a worry about it would be a waiste of time. Let me tell ya, my cocktail was so good that when I woke up, it felt as if I had just had the best sleep of my life. I knew, remembered, felt nothing. If it weren't for the scar, I would be wondering if it happend.
Unread 05-02-2006, 09:10 PM
anaesthesia questions

Oh goodness, I don't want anyone to worry a bit, I just felt like if you were worried you should talk to your anesthest. so that they know of your worries. They can give you a relaxation cocktail, so that you won't even hardly know you have been taken into the OR They will monitor you carefully and make any needed changes as you go. NO need to worry, even I have NO concerns going in!
Unread 05-03-2006, 02:29 PM
anaesthesia questions

Don't worry. I was worried about that too, but they have monitors on your head and are monitoring your brain waves to make sure you are out like a light.
Unread 05-03-2006, 09:39 PM
anaesthesia questions

i woke up during my wisdom teeth being taken out and i woke up during my planter fasica sugery. but i never woke up during my back surgery nor my d/c surgery nor this surgery the only time i worry about waking up is for the smaller surgerys..you will be fine i didnt worry at all even though i woke up before in other surgerys something major like this they really make sure ur out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register