Surgery 2/14, discovered Endo, can it come back | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery 2/14, discovered Endo, can it come back Surgery 2/14, discovered Endo, can it come back

Unread 05-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Surgery 2/14, discovered Endo, can it come back

Hi Ladies,
On February 14,2006 I had THA because of tumors. Doctor found endormetriosis which was also removed. Can it grow back even though the ovaries are gone?
Madisonsnana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2006, 01:28 PM

I was told it could. That's why some doctors don't want their patients on HRT because it seems to fuel it. But my mom had post-menopausal heart disease, a stint, and then a hemorrhagic stroke because of the blood thinners. Because she didn't use any HRT (just progesterone cream because she was afraid she would get breast cancer) my Dr. and I agreed that HRT would be a good idea for me because of my age.
Unread 05-03-2006, 01:48 PM

At my six week check today the dr. told me that they found endo on my uterus which he did not see during ultrasound and I never knew I had. Surprise! I also wondered if it could come back or get on my ovaries. I requested to leave my ovaries in since I still had some "juice" left in them but now wonder if endo could get on them. Don't know much about endo yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2006, 01:54 PM

My doctor told me it could grow back if you are taking estrogen. He wants to keep me on the lowest dose of HRT as possible and then wean me off sometime in the future......he didn't mention how long. I cannot stand the menopause symptoms so I am taking HRT for atleast awhile. Maybe once I am totally healed from the surgery I will be better abled to handle the hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings. For now, I need all the help I can get. I don't know much about endo because I didn't know I had it until the surgery. There must be article resources on here you could search for and I am sure the other sisters have some good info they can share. You could also call your doc and get his opinion since many seem to differ. I hope this helps.
Unread 05-03-2006, 03:26 PM

endo can come back if you leave your ovaries or take hrt. Endo can grow on the bowels, bladder etc. But some women do just fine with leaving the ovaries or if they take Hrt. It is hard to say what will happen.

I had decided against hrt because I've had endo problems for over half of my life. I am using supplements and natural progesterone cream.

There are positives and negatives to hrt. The best way to know what is best for you to decide what to do is to talk to your doctor and come to an understanding that is good for you.

Best of luck,

Sharon
Unread 05-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Endo and CA125 levels

Hello. Just 6 days out from a SAH. I was scheduled for a LAVH and removal of ovarian cysts, I wanted to keep my ovaries. My CA125 level was 135. 6 weeks later at my preop appt. a new ca125 level was drawn and it was 298. My surgery days later showed severe endo and extensive scar tissue. The doctor could not remove my cervix because it was covered in scar tissue and adhered to my colon. I lost an ovary and tube, too damaged. So now I am recovering with a SAH, kept one ovary and will still have to have CA125 testing to be sure my levels drop back to normal. From what I've read that endo and elevated CA 125 levels go hand in hand. Any one els with endo have elevated CA125 ?
Unread 05-03-2006, 04:51 PM

Ladies,
Thank you for the information, I will not contact my doctor, I do not have confidence in him. I am going to contact another obgyn. I do not know what I would do with out all of you and the Hystesister website.
Karen/Madisonsnana
Unread 05-04-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie44
Hello. Just 6 days out from a SAH. I was scheduled for a LAVH and removal of ovarian cysts, I wanted to keep my ovaries. My CA125 level was 135. 6 weeks later at my preop appt. a new ca125 level was drawn and it was 298. My surgery days later showed severe endo and extensive scar tissue. The doctor could not remove my cervix because it was covered in scar tissue and adhered to my colon. I lost an ovary and tube, too damaged. So now I am recovering with a SAH, kept one ovary and will still have to have CA125 testing to be sure my levels drop back to normal. From what I've read that endo and elevated CA 125 levels go hand in hand. Any one els with endo have elevated CA125 ?
I have a dumb question???? What is CA125???? I had severe endo and have just been diagnosed with a return of it because of hrt.
Unread 05-04-2006, 12:54 PM

Amberlyn, how do they know the endo has returned? I'm in the same boat worriying about it returning and wish I had more answers.
Unread 05-04-2006, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemd
Amberlyn, how do they know the endo has returned? I'm in the same boat worriying about it returning and wish I had more answers.
I have all the symptoms and all of the other testing done came back negative. The doc said they put me on hrt to soon and too high of a dose after surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register