near tail bone pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

near tail bone pain near tail bone pain

Unread 05-04-2006, 02:43 PM
near tail bone pain

Hi, I am new to this but had a hysterectomy in 87. Ever since then I have had severe pain to the right lower side of my tailbone. Does anyone have an similar? I was in MAYO clinic 5 weeks and have been all over country for treatments. Have been diagnosed with pudendal neuropath, coxxy..., pelvic floor tension myalgia, etc. Have had years of nerve blocks and meds. Would really appreciate hearing from anyone with similar pain, it burns and is there always, never goes away, not exactly on tail bone but to the right of it. A weird thing my mom had a hyster several years ago for ovarian cancer and she had the exact same pain after hers..very strange..at first they said was cysts on ovary, etc. but nothing ever got better. Read where someone had ovaries removed and got rid of pain, wanted to see if their's was a similar pain, not sure if tailbone pain means exactly that or close. It does seem as if at times it radiates to my tail bone. I had tests done by an oncologist who said my pain acted like invasive growths on my sacrum. Will be happy for any news,
Thank you,
L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2006, 11:32 AM
near tail bone pain

I'm sorry you're having so much pain. Living with daily pain is not fun at all. While I haven't had a problem with tailbone pain, I have had to deal withe pelvic and abdominal pain. I've also been diagnosed with nerve damage. I have been doing accupuncture for several years now and it has helped, especially with the nerve pain.

You can check our Resources section, there may be some information there HysterSister Resources

I hope you can find some relief.
Unread 05-06-2006, 01:00 PM
hi

Hi,
I have the same kind of pain, along with abdominal pain. My MD had the me get my tailbone x-rayed and nothing showed up. It is not the tailbone, but to the right and left, about 1 inch from the tailbone, and 1 inch in on either side. I had my ovaries removed along with my hyst, and am not on any HRT, so it has nothing to do with that. My MD said it is probably the way I sit at work on the computer all day. I have been sitting on the same butt for 50 years now, so why does it hurt now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Tailbone area pain Please read Hope this Helps Someone

I know this is long, but I hope it helps someone! I had a Vag Hyst with A & P repair in 2001. First time I went to Church, while sitting I had terrible pain in my tailbone area. At first I thought I still was still just healing and it was just part of it. This went one and finally I got it in my head that maybe during my surgery tranfers, etc. that maybe my tailbone got injured. Still kept hurting when I sat down. I would get just fine when I would get to a standing postion almost instantly the pain would disappear to just and aching.. This was very painful to do too. Well I fell a couple of times in the next year after surgery. I decided maybe I fractured my tailbone and it needed time to heal or maybe stiches not healed or something. I put off treatment til I went to my yearly check up with GYN. She did not know why I hurt. By this time I am getting frustrated. I could not sit through a church service, ride in a car, eat in a resturant without being in lots of pain. Even sitting on a Cushion with a hole in it did not help. To make a long story SHORTER here's it what all I did. Family Dr run xray of tailbone. It was fine treated me for Cocyxademia or something like that??? Did not get better, went to and ortho dr for the pain. Run MRI Tailbone and pelvic area. All was fine dismissed me! Frustrated again! Went to a diffent Family Dr with my concerns Did rectal exam and bone scan. Everything fine, Frustrsted again! Talked me into getting colonoscopy. Went to Gasto dr. Had coloonscopy and another rectal exam, found I was having rectal spasms. Gave me valium to take for them and when I knew I would be sitting for long period of time. Helped with the spasms and I kept waiting for them to just quit like he said they would. They did not. I knew something about sitting was triggering rectal spasms. I was in so much pain all the time sitting. In church I could not sit without pain and going from sitting to standing was excrusating pain. It had been TWO YEARS! My GYN still could not help me. I knew it had something to do with my surgery. I felt like the dr's thought it was all in my head. I knew I was not crazy. Finally help came! One night while sitting in Church I kept my hands stuck in my lower back. I started noticing that my pain was so much better while sitting, so I left my hands there during the whole service. That made me think that something about my back was maybe pinching a nerve. I knew a good DR that was a D.O. He was a family Phy who did back adjustments and years ago used to deliver babies, etc. I made an appointment to see him. Another rectal exam! I told him all about it. He checked my lower back and hip joints, etc. Told me that I was gone to wish that I had come to see him a lot sooner. I was not to excited because all thought they knew before. By this time I was about giving up on ever sitting without pain again. Dr said I had SI JOINT DYSFUNTION! He could tell right away. He said that after he delivered babies and when they came back for their check ups he always did a back adjustment on his patients. I still did not believe but I at the end of my rope. He did lower back adjustment and did adjustment with my hips and pulled on my legs, moved the muscle in my joint. I started felling a little beter the next time at church. After a few adjustment I am PAIN FREE! I can't beleive it. I suffered for two years! I guess it had something to do with the postion I was put in during my surgery, sturrips so high in the air for so long???? that cause my joint to mess up. I guess it was pinching a nerve instantly when I sat in certain positions. Today I feel like it was a miricle. I thank God that I feel better. I am so glad for this doctor I went to! Don't let anyone make you fell that it is all in your head! I told my GYN so she will know next time someone complains like I did!!!!! It flarred up just a little one day recently . I went back to this dr after one year for a tune up. Much better now! I sure hope that message can help some else. I am not a believer in Chiropractics, but now maybe I am thinking there is something to this.
Unread 05-07-2006, 07:11 PM
near tail bone pain

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I had severe
tailbone pain after my hyst, I also couldn't sit, and
of course it is a deep dark secret among the Dr.s, act
like they have never heard of such a thing but I am
sure this common, I have read several posts on the
subject in the last 5 yrs. This particular pain finally
went away after about 6 mos on it's own, but I have
been left with pelvic pain and am on pain meds every
day, I am not sure what the cause is, but I was
going to the chiropractor after my surgery, he wasn't
able to help me, but they are not all the same, so
who knows maybe another one could help, I do have
hip pain and have for years, it gets better and then
starts up again. I am so glad you had a resolution with
your problem, there are so many of us who are still
searching. Thanks again for your post, maybe this
will help someone, I think mine is a trapped nerve,
or adhesions. It feels like it is connected to the vaginal
cuff.
Unread 05-30-2006, 10:21 AM
pain since 87

I see you are from Texas. I live near Amarillo, the acupuncturist you see isn't close to Amarillo by any chance? Thank you for your reply,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register