D and C and rectocele repair only | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

D and C and rectocele repair only D and C and rectocele repair only

Unread 05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
D and C and rectocele repair only

Hello,

I am new here and would like to know if anyone has had a successful rectocele repair. I have a number of problems, rectocele, cystocele, and now postmenopausal bleeding. I saw my urogyn today and he recommended that I have a d and c to see what is causing the bleeding and a rectocele repair also. The rectocele is very bothersome to me and I would like to get it taken care of. Since the cystocele is not causing me any problems right now, the urogyn says that we should not do any surgery and that recuperating will be easier. He said that I should be able to be back at work two weeks after the surgery. I am wondering if that is correct. He said other than avoiding lifting, I should be okay. Well, I am a nanny and take care of an active 4 year old. I am wondering if I really can be back at work in two weeks. It's very difficult for me to get time off from work and I am dreading asking and telling my employer that I need it off for the surgery. Any advice from anyone who has had just the rectocele repair and had good recovery results would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 02:30 AM

Hmmm!! I had a rectocele repair almost 11 weeks ago and there is no way at all that I could have gone back to work after 2 weeks.
I could not sit properly for 4 weeks and for 6 weeks was not allowed to lift anything heavier than 3 - 4 kg for a start.
I may have had to be extra careful as I have a weak pelvic floor and am 53 and 13 years post menopausal, but even so, I think your surgeon is being a bit too optimistic!
xx
Unread 05-05-2006, 03:17 PM

I am almost 5 weeks out from my rectocele repair and there is no way I could go back at two weeks. I am a teacher and will start back next week half time only. I am still a slave to the restroom because the bowels do not like being manipulated and at two weeks I was still having trouble passing a BM. I think your DR is not being cautious enough with your recovery time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register