husband in hospital 5 days before hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

husband in hospital 5 days before hyst husband in hospital 5 days before hyst

Unread 05-04-2006, 07:49 PM
husband in hospital 5 days before hyst

verdana2red
Yes today I went for my pre op and my husband was also there getting labs and cat scan. they don't know if it is his appendix or what so he is admitted to the hospital for further testing tonight and tomorow . I am freaking out wondering if i should cancel my surgery or still have in on tuesday. Just wanted to vent some of my anxiety to someone. my family and friends all say to go ahead and have my total hyst ovaries and all but i just don' t know. who will do the laundry. he won't be able to lift anything for a couple of weeks if they take out his appendix.Has anyone else had a similar incident?

Freaking out

lakelover64 (Kelly)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2006, 07:55 PM

I haven't had the same thing but really feel for you!

I would wait and see, find out what is wrong, you can cancel on the day of surgery if you need to. People do it all the time.

Are all the people who are telling you to go ahead offering to help out? If so, have them sign a contract and go ahead with your surgery! LOL!
Really, next time say "so what can I count on you for, driving, laundry, dishes, meals?

You will have to go with your gut on this one, I don't know how bad of shape you are in. I think I might want to see my dh through then have my turn while his convelesence was fresh in his mind!!

Hang in there! I hope your dh will be okay and it turns out to be a false alarm, that would be the best wouldn't it?

Betts
Unread 05-04-2006, 08:13 PM

Oh Kelly I'm sorry. I have no advice. Prayers for you and your husband. Keep us updated as you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2006, 08:28 PM

You still have 5 days, and you will get more information in those days that allows you to make a decision about what to do. Oh my gosh this is a terrible thing to happen right now, but we are all here for you. Please keep us updated.
Unread 05-04-2006, 08:30 PM

arialred1
thank you so much for your response. I think I am going to go lay down so I can get up early and take my daughter to a friends house for her to take her to school and I will go to the hospital. I will let you know tomorrow what is going on
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:12 PM

I had my appendix out not long ago, and since it was done laproscopically it was out on Friday and I was back at work on Monday. No HEAVY lifting, but I could do SMALL loads of laundry and didn't have driving restrictions or anything. I really think hubby will be able to help more than you think. Don't cancel until you are sure!
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:56 PM

I can appreciate your concern over both of you being out-of-commission if your DH has surgery. I agree that you should get something in writing from those people who are encouraging you to go ahead. I'm not kidding. If they think you should go ahead and have the surgery, then they need to commit to what they're going to do to help you guys out.

You and your DH are in my s. I hope all goes well for both of you and that you don't have to cancel your surgery and that you get all the help you will both need.

CD
Unread 05-04-2006, 11:01 PM

Hi Kelly,

Wow, what bad timing!!! I can see why you're anxious, I would be too. I agree with everything Betts said. If you don't think you can totally count on your family/friends, then I would postpone it because you will need some serious help if both of you are recovering. Good luck with your decision and I hope your DH is okay. Let us know what happens.

Unread 05-04-2006, 11:50 PM

oh man, talk about when it rains it pours. =) As for your family/friends that say go ahead - are they able to offer any assistance? Another thought is if there were complications from your husbands surgery in week 1 of your recovery that would really be a bugger. Ask your Dr. what they think - are you suffering in pain or health danger that it is a problem to wait a couple weeks? And don't worry, things will fall into place - they always do. =) Good Luck!
M.
tah 04/04/06 adenocarcinoma in cervix, cervix and uterus removed
Unread 05-05-2006, 01:52 AM

lakelover64

Wow....I don't think I would postpone my surgery. A friend just had his appendix out and was back to work in 3 day (truck mechanic). I thought he was crazy, but he hasn't had any problems. Talk to the doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register