Getting annoyed of people! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting annoyed of people! Getting annoyed of people!

Unread 05-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Getting annoyed of people!

Im having a hysterectomy on the 13th and all i keep hearing is 'arent you are too young for a hysterectomy, it must of been your decission to have one'!! I am 35, some people just dont understand how bad i am having it with all the problems with periods and pain, its started to annoy me, i tell them back that 'the doctors wouldnt do the operation if i didn't need it'! I have tried and explored all options to avoid a hysterectomy but none of its worked,this is my last option. Would love to hear your thoughts Tracey x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 12:30 AM

I can relate!!! I had a doctor tell me that he didn't like to give narcotics. If they took our pain and trouble for one day they would name a holiday after us. Try to keep your chin up we understand!! I do like your reply to them bet they shut up fast!!!!!
Unread 05-05-2006, 12:30 AM

Idiots! Since when is their a specific age! Take CAre and hang in there!
M. 38 by the by
tah 04/04/06 adenocarcinoma in cervix, cervix and uterus removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 12:34 AM

Thanks Guys x x x x your all the best,you always make me feel better x
Unread 05-05-2006, 12:37 AM

(((Tracey))), I am sure that, in partnership with your doctor, you made the decision that's best for you.

Try not to let ignorant comments get to you. In just a few days, you will have the opportunity to begin your journey to good health! After your recovery, when you start feeling good, you will likely find that the same people who made negative comments before your surgery will see you and say, "Wow! You look great!" And, the whole experience will be behind you and life will move on.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 05-05-2006, 07:52 AM

Tracey,
Sometimes I think the people who make the most noise are on some level jealous that we are having it done. I would gladly have traded the madness I lived through, for a normal period, any day. They have no idea what it is like, and also have no idea how insulting they are. Kick em to the curb like you are about to do with that uterus!!!
Unread 05-05-2006, 10:14 AM

Know what you mean Tracey. I was 33 when I had mine and even some of the women on the ward thought I was mental! I bled for the best part of 3 years before they finally agreed to do mine and I had tried various tablets, a mirena coil which was the worst thing ever and made everything worse for me. My husband works in saudi and rarely gets home and I was knackered all the time and having to cope with being on my own and two boys who are getting near to the Kevin years. There comes a time when enough is enough and quite frankly if they hadn't of done the hysterectomy I was at the point where I could have cheerfully scooped it out with a spoon!!! Ignore them they are not experiencing the problems and don't know what they are talking about!
Unread 05-05-2006, 10:36 AM

thanks for all of your comments,you all really help me so much, i really appreciate it so much tracey x x x x
Unread 05-05-2006, 11:31 AM

Here's your revenge: they're going to continue to have periods and possible plain and everything else associated with a period - and you're not. Keep your head up.
Unread 05-05-2006, 11:37 AM

Tracey,

I'm so sorry people are giving you a ration of crap about making this decision. Remember why you made the decision: You made it for YOU, not for THEM!! You decided this surgery would be best for you. Its gonna make you feel better, look better, be better. It has nothing to do with them. If they had half the problems with periods the rest of us do they'd be running to their doctors begging for a hyster. All of us understand exactly what you're going through and support whatever decision you make. But always remember, you're doing this for you and no one else. If you are fine with the decision then tell the rest of them to go play in traffic or something.
Ya know, I don't ever remember giving anyone a hard time about anything when they'd tell me they were having a hyster in the years before I had mine. I've known many a woman who has had one, too. I was born into a family of GYN nightmares so we know hysters. But even ladies not in my family, I would never once ever think to be critical of their decision. I think I would've been more jealous then anything else that they'd be getting rid of Auntie Flo and I still was being paid her unwelcomed monthly visits. I just don't understand why others seem to think they can do it to us.
I never had anyone give me a hard time about my age. Most of them don't really know how old I am and assume I'm older since my oldest child is 17. I'm only 35. They'd just give me this look, its hard to describe the look. They got all quiet and moved away from me a tad and just acted different. No one except my family knew the problems I'd been having so its not like they were familiar with the ins and outs of my periods either. Now they just sort of look at me, smile a bit and ask how I'm doing after my..(pause) ... surgery. No one can even say the word and they always seem to whisper it. Its very strange. Me, I'm rather proud of my decision and its taken me a while to get to that point. I questioned it even up to the day I had it done. But I did it for me, not anyone else. I feel wonderful, look pretty darn good (even with a slight swelly belly) and I'm happy!!!
Hang in there Tracy. In a few days you'll be a princess and your new life will begin.
Happy Pre-Uterus Liberation Day sweetie.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register