Getting annoyed of people! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting annoyed of people! Getting annoyed of people!

Unread 05-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Getting annoyed of people!

Don't let the other people get to you. They have no idea what you have been through. I had people same the same things to me. I'm 31 and I had surgery in March. I finally would just smile and walk away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 02:02 PM

Hi Tracey
This is a first response on this board for me. But I also post on a EA list. I had a EA in Nov and it didn't work. Anyway, after I posted on that list that I was having a Hysterectomy. The very first reply was . Suzanne you should not be doing a Hysterectomy for convienence! Oh ya right its for convienence!!! NOT! I've researshed this a long time ago. Tried the EA . Didn't work. I'm just glad I found a DR who doesn't beat around the bush trying EVERY OTHER method around. Lets just get it done so I can get on with my life. I figure 8 years of working around certin weeks of the month is enough. So lets not listen to those who are not walking in our shoes.
Suzanne
(mipaintlady)
Unread 05-05-2006, 02:11 PM

hiya i also had an EA in jan but it didnt work i also am a member of an EA group called EA disscussion group. I have tried every thing from tablets to the coil and then the EA. This wasnt an easy choice for me either, but im always ill and tired and ive had enough of feeling this way. This is the best choice for me. I would also never have a TVH for the convienence and the doctors wouldnt allow it anyway. And i dont think you would either Take care Tracey x x xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 02:37 PM

I'm 26 and my insurance company just denied my pre-cert because of the fact I'm 26. I'm sure in the week they've had to review my request, that the pre-cert gyn doc had time to look over 6 YEARS of records and gained an adequate understanding of my situation. In the letter, his comment was " is there any contraindication to a 3-month trial of hormone suppression of periods along with NSAIDS for her pain, or has this already been done?"... Freaks, how can you pre-cert a patient, let alone DENY the pre-cert when you have absolutely NO IDEA of what I've gone through and done ... Denial, because I'm 26!!!

Everyone who's thrown my age into my face, I throw a brief run down of what I go through. They immediately so, OMG, you're going to feel so much better, like a different woman. But ya know what Tracey, its our body, our doctors wouldn't agree if it wasn't right, so to all those people who come @ us with out age, BLAH to them ... You and your doctor know its time, and that's all that matters. My surgery is May 12 (self-pay or insurance, doesn't matter), so I wish you luck.
Unread 05-05-2006, 02:48 PM

Hiya Tracey Ignore the lot of them! I've been asking for this op for years. In the past 17 yrs I have been told 'you have a low pain threshold', 'there's nothing we can find, keep taking the painkillers', 'it's all in your mind, we recommend you see a psychiatrist' and, my own personal favourite, 'have a baby and it'll stop', (this to an 18 yr old uni student who didn't have a steady boyfriend and was a virgin...) Now, finally, at the age of 35, I have found a dr who has heard of adeno, found the cysts on my ovaries and cervix and is going to sort it out for me. I'll be a monkeys uncle if I'm going to take any notice of anyone who thinks I'm too young or having this done for convenience! Keep your chin up! I'll probably post an 'I'm out!' message before you go in for your surgery (I go into hospital on Sunday, op on Monday) Keep busy, you'll be starting your new life before you know it. It'll all be good!
Unread 05-05-2006, 03:00 PM

hi there.im 36 and my family all has uterine cancer all 3 sisters my mom and grandmother all have had it , or had it. in aug i lost my babysister at the age of 33 to uterine cancer,so far i do not show signs but let me tel ya the doctor fears i will and since i have a young family they agree 100% to have the operation before i get the cancer,because more likely then not i will get it.so if anyone critisises you you remember you are doing what is best for you not them and you are the one who will live with the desicion,and if it helps the pain and bleeding go for it,who knows the rest of your life may be the best part. as for what ever you decide no one is here to judge you we all have our own reasons and that is to live happily...good luck and as my 3year old says keep smiling
Unread 05-05-2006, 05:24 PM

I'm 33 and I wish I didnt have to have surgery but because of my HUGE Fibroid I had to have it done. I've had people say the same thing to me about being so young. I dont think many people would choose to have surgery and have organs removed unless it was for a good reason. I dont know why people dont understand that! Until I found this board I didnt know any other young women that had had a hysterectomy. I kinda felt like a freak because I had this thing growing in me. And I didnt have any period problems until about a year ago. Now, I'm happy about having my surgery and looking forward to not having a period!! lol....Hope all goes well for you, it will be fine, even though we are young thangs!! LMHO!!!
Unread 05-06-2006, 07:29 AM

I've been second guessed by people having my surgery done. Questioning if there was anything left to try!!!!

I actually had someone tell me their doctor would not do a hysterectomy until the patient is 40!!! I couldn't believe it.

I had endo since I was a teenager and I was diagnosed at 20. I've had 4 laps and one laparatomy, tried every medical treatment, and nothing helped me.

I've had doctors not help me. But, I'm thankful I found a doctor who read my medical history and listened to me. I had my surgery in March and I feel better than I have in years.

Don't let people who don't understand what you are going through to judge you. You are doing this for you and a better quality of life.

Sharon
Unread 05-06-2006, 09:30 AM

People are so quick to judge. But if they could only walk a mile in your shoes. Chin up and hold your head high. Everybody is an expert, (or they think they are).
Ignore them, You will feel soooooooo much better when its done with.
Good luck and Quick and Speedy Recovery to all my Sisters.
HUGS HUGS HUGS
Unread 05-06-2006, 05:33 PM

This is what bugs me. When I told my friend I was having a hysterectomy because I almost died because of anemia due to fibroids, her response was "don't do it because my sex life will change". What kind of response is that. If we had to have gall bladder surgery, or thyroids (do they take thyroids out?) or kidneys taken out to become healthy we wouldn't get all of nonsense. Whether you're 20 or 50 if you need it, you need it. I'm glad I have the doctor I have.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register