just found out I have uterine cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

just found out I have uterine cancer just found out I have uterine cancer

Unread 05-05-2006, 04:35 AM
just found out I have uterine cancer

I have been bleeding 3 weeks out of the month for at least the last 6 months. Just thought the "change" was about here and it was normal. I finally went to gyn and had a d&c 3days later. They found what the Dr. thought was just a pallop. When I went in for 2week check up I found out I had uterine cancer. Dr said it is stage 1-a but a total hyst. is the only way to be sure it's gone. My surgery is 5-8-06 /2 weeks after finding out. I'am still in shock and concerned about how I'am going to get through this. I already have serious problems with veins in my legs and very nervous about blood clots. It feels like no amount of reassurance can comfort my concerns right now. Has anyone ever been there? And what do you do? I'am also nervous about being moody with my husband. Dr. wants me to try to get along without hrt because he thinks I'am already well on the way to complete menopause. I'am already teary eyed and moody and can't imagine putting up with worse than I already feel! I wish I could just bypass this part of my life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 04:55 AM

Margaret Marie

Just my worth, because I have not been there. At stage 1 and removing the uterus, sounds like they should be able to get it all. Like I said though, that is just a guess from me. I'll be praying for you.

Re: your legs, I'm not sure what it's called, but before, during & after surgery I had these "leggings" on that kept massaging to help keep a good blood flow. By what I've read from other Sisters, seems like most hospitals use these to prevent any blood clotting.

Re: Getting through this.....You have come to the right place for support. Hope you have it as well w/family and friends.

Best of luck to you.

and
Unread 05-05-2006, 05:23 AM

We're having surgery the same day. A friend of mine recently had a TAH for uteran cancer. Six months post-op now and through with chemo and nearly completed radiation, there isn't a trace of cancer in her body. Here's hoping your outcome is as favorable.

Maxine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 06:30 AM

Huggs to you my friend. You have came to the right site. You will have alot of help here having your questions answered. For myself I know nothing about the stage 1 cancer cells. But I do have a friend who had it and was all clear after her hyst. It's been 5 years for her now and all is well. I think they have caught it early for you.

Do you ever get moody now with your husband? I know I was a basket case before my surgery. Afterwards I wasn't moody at all. I think my nerves was in an uproar before. I'm sure your husband, is just as scared as you are. Just tell him or have your dr. tell him that after a Hyst. your body goes thru many changes. I'm sure he will understand and be right beside of you every step of the way.

best wishes to you and my prayers are with you.
Unread 05-05-2006, 09:03 AM
I'll be praying for you Maxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine0508
We're having surgery the same day. A friend of mine recently had a TAH for uteran cancer. Six months post-op now and through with chemo and nearly completed radiation, there isn't a trace of cancer in her body. Here's hoping your outcome is as favorable.

Maxine
Hi Maxine, I'am not quite sure if I'am putting this message in the right spot or not. I'am pretty new to using a computer so. But one thing is for sure, I do know how to send my very best wishes and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery to you and to all the other's. How long have you known about your surgery/and if you need to talk I would be happy to listen. I believe that every trial we go through had been in God's plan for us to minister to one's who are going through similar circumstances. I look forward to being able to use this trial in any way that God wants me to. I believe God chose for me to go through this because in 2003, I had been healed of a tumor in my lungs. It showed up in cat scans and x-rays. I was annointed and prayed for and when they done the surgery it wasn't there. God sometimes intervenes and sometimes he uses the knowledge of doctors and nurses to heal us.
Love and Prayers Margaret Marie
Unread 05-05-2006, 09:11 AM

I am sorry to hear of your cancer dx . I have no expeirence with it myself, but wanted to let you know that there is a board here called Cancer Concerns and I am sure there alot of women there who can help you out with your cancer questions.
Best of luck to you with everything. You are in my prayers!!
Unread 05-05-2006, 09:14 AM

Karole, Thank you for your input. It means a lot to me. Yes I do go through mood swings with my hubby but not too bad. He has always been a loving, caring, and very supportive man and the past 25 years have been great! He's already nervous and don't want to torment him with mood swings. I just have heard stories how the mood swings are bad especially without hrt. Scared to go cold turkey on the hormones! I'am adjusting to the surgery and even the cancer but my family means too much to me to be "moody" That's what is scarey and maybe the thought of having problems with veins in my legs.
Unread 05-05-2006, 09:23 AM

Hi ((((Margaret Marie)))))! I'm sorry you are going through this. My situation was simpler then yours, what I ended up with is a spot of cervical cancer - adenocarcinoma surface stage. I think it is a grieving process because all of a sudden everything you know and thought you knew are front and center and in conflict! Give yourself time to process the information, feel those feelings in order to prepare yourself. It is not easier but its the minds way of coping sometimes. Also, trust your family - you don't want to "mood swing" at them but they love you, and are going to accept what is going on and hopefully be able to not react to it. The good news is its not very far away - so you can get it over with and start healing. I wish you the very best and hope you feel better. And the sisters will come along that can really support you - glad you are here! Take care! xoxoxo
M.
tah 04/04/06 adenocarcinoma in cervix, cervix and uterus removed
Unread 05-05-2006, 09:32 AM

Margaret Marie Prayers for you sweetie.
Unread 05-05-2006, 09:33 AM

Hi Margaret. My mom had uterine cancer and had a complete hysterectomy. She did not have to do any chemo or radiation nor take harmones. She is doing fine 20 years later and now in her 70's. I'm praying you'll do the same.

Autumnsummer

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register