swollen lump in anal canal following rectocele repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

swollen lump in anal canal following rectocele repair swollen lump in anal canal following rectocele repair

Unread 05-08-2006, 07:15 AM
swollen lump in anal canal following rectocele repair

I have a swelling in the anal canal 6 days after my rectocele/entrocele surgery. It feels like a large lump that is swelling on the wall where they did the repairs and it makes going difficult, It is big and feels like it fills the bowel area. Could this be falling intestine or swelling or a hematoma or what? Called doctor this morning....she said come by Wednesday morning--why is it always 2 days or so?! Bowel movements really hurt, trying to keep everything very soft. I was so looking forward to an uneventful recovery! Anyone else have anything like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2006, 09:21 AM

I am sorry you are having pain and problems. I had a rectocele and had a hard time with it during recovery period, but since then have not had any swelling or problems. I do have to watch to drink lots of water and eat fiber.

I think it is good you are seeing your dr soon. I am sorry you cannot get in sooner, but if you are hurting so bad give a call back and see if they can see you sooner.

Let us know how you do.

Hang in there

s s
Unread 05-08-2006, 10:39 AM

Hi (((klbsister))) I'm sorry you are having trouble while recovering from your rectocele repair surgery.

Your DR will be able to tell you what is causing the problem, but I know that for me, after these surgeries I got internal hemmorhoids, which got quite large. They made it difficult to "go" (which then makes them worse) and sometimes they bled. The surgeon, after examining me, told me to use Preparation H suppositories. Those helped. I also used a homeopathic hemmorhoid remedy, which seemed to help even more. I still have them - at least that's what my GYN said at my last annual - but they are much smaller and not problematic at this point.

Sorry you have to wait for your appointment, I know that's the pits. Let us know what you find out, OK?

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2006, 11:12 AM

I just went for my 2 week post-op appointment today with almost the same complaint. I start to get swelling about the size of a golf ball on the posterior side of the rectum near the coccyx. It becomes bigger until I feel like I'm sitting on a squishy tennis ball. After a BM the swelling goes away for a little while then starts again. The Uro/Gyn says that she has only seen this in a couple of women following rectocele repair and feels that it is due to thinning of the tissue and stool accumulation. Unfortunately we had so many other issues to discuss that she forgot to do the rectal exam to check. I'm just going to monitor it and if it gets worse I'll go in earlier to get it checked.
Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register