how much longer do i have to wait ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how much longer do i have to wait  ? how much longer do i have to wait ?

Unread 05-01-2001, 04:38 PM
how much longer do i have to wait ?

Hi sisters, just need to vent . It is now nearly 6 weeks since I found that I have cancer and still no word on when my treatment begins. This is becoming a chore. Every time my phone rings I jump. I am trying and trying so hard to be positive about it all and am succeeding pretty well, with it. But how much longer. I keep thinking that the cancer is spreading through my body although the oncologist has assured me this isnt happening. But what does he know? He told me that it would take years for cancer to develop from cin3 , and it took mine about 7 mths. Thanks for listening once again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2001, 05:16 PM

Hey (((((Robyn)))))

Its frustrating isn't it, but you really are doing so well you know!!! Its trying your patience I know, but you are hanging in there pretty well I'd say!

Well...you have been measured etc for your treatment so that part is over with.

Do you know what the actual hold up is now? Is it just a matter of waiting for an available appointment time do you think, or is it that they are required to wait a certain number of days after your last procedure before starting the radiation?

It shouldn't be much longer hopefully...and you will be in and out and all finished before you know it.

Keep thinking positive!!
As always sending many hugs and prayers to you down under my friend!!
M. xo.
Unread 05-01-2001, 07:36 PM

Robyn,
Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers. I certainly know about anxiety. I also felt the same way while I was waiting for my treatments to begin. Have you called the doctor and asked them what are they waiting for? There is one thing that I have learned throughout this ordeal and that is that we really need to be in control of our treatment. Sometimes the doctors are just doctors and they sometimes forget that we are humans, they therefore need to be reminded.
We are all here with you Robyn...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Valentina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2001, 04:55 AM

Please don't lose the positive attitude of getting this over with! Instead of driving yourself crazy, just pick up the phone and start calling to see what the hold up is. Maybe your chart was pushed to the side for some reason...that's the kind of luck that I normally have! Please know that we are all here for you!! Keep us posted!
Unread 05-02-2001, 03:02 PM

Robyn--

Just keep on calling those docs and nurses until you get an answer.

Unfortunately, a lot of people have cancer and I know that the medical staffs get busy. When I went through treatment, I was always calling them and asking them various questions, and I think your question is VERY legitimate!!! Don't worry about bothering them -- I apologized for all my phone calls and they told me not to worry -- that that is what they are there for. Keep hanging in there. . .

I came across a good saying today -- 'The tests of life are not to break you, but to make you.' After this is all through (and treatment will begin and will end) - you will feel like a much stronger person. You ALREADY are a strong person.

Oh well - enough of my preaching. Remember that you are in my thoughts...

Love,

Cyndy
Unread 05-02-2001, 11:55 PM

{{{Robyn}}} my friend, so sorry that you are still waiting. It must be awful just to wait when I know you want to get this started so badly. I agree, pick up that phone! In the meantime, try to look at it as an opportunity to rest and become well-nourished so that your body can do well. And you can practice the visualization--it should be nearly perfected by now and then you can just sail through these treatments and come out at the very top!! You're almost there! Sending many prayers your direction.
Unread 05-03-2001, 04:45 PM

update well girls I just rang the cancer clinic about a date, and the woman on the phone was very rude and said " when we have a date, we will ring you" I said to her that if I dont have one soon I am going to go elsewhere. Like she would care. Why are these kind of people working in this kind of health care? This is just the pits and I was being so positive . again
Unread 05-03-2001, 06:30 PM

I'm so sorry, Robyn. It's hard to understand why someone would choose to be hurtful. The woman you dealt with deserves a good slap. My husband was ill for a number of years and one thing I did learn eventually was that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Don't be reluctant to call again when you feel it's time. You are in my prayers every night.
Unread 05-03-2001, 06:55 PM

Robyn,
I am so sorry this sounds terrible. Can you call your doctor? I would continue to call. I cannot believe that someone would be so rude to you under the circumstances...my thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Valentina
Unread 05-03-2001, 07:15 PM

Hugs ((((Robyn))))))
I too am so sorry you met this type of reception from your clinic there. Even if that lady was having a bad day, she should put herself in your shoes for a minute and realize what anguish you are going through.

I agree with Valentina.....you should contact your doctor, or your Canadian Oncologist...not to sound bias...but I really don't think you will get the same reaction from her if she is anything like our oncologists here.

Keep at them sweetie!! You are entitled to a time frame with this in my opinion.

Extra prayers for you tonight!!!
M. xoxo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register