discomfort 11 weeks after rectocele repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

discomfort 11 weeks after rectocele repair discomfort 11 weeks after rectocele repair

Unread 05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
discomfort 11 weeks after rectocele repair

I am 11 weeks post op after a rectocele repair - my third prolapse repair, so there was probably a lot of stitching and folding of tissue. All has gone very well and I was cleared for all activity at 6 weeks. I was examined again at 9 weeks and all looked really good, was healing well and a swab result was normal.

ButI still get a yellowish greenish discharge from time to time on the tissue and I am still sore.It tingles and pulls and prickles.There is also the sensation of sitting on a hard lump and the sensation of something dropping in the vagina.

The gp said the incision was ridged, like a twiglet, which was a good sign of healing, so maybe this is the source of the irritation?? Friction maybe?
Can anyone relate to this? Thanks. x
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2006, 04:03 PM

I have that sensation as well. Like something in vagina, and I can feel stool stuck too. I do not hava any discharge, I never really did. I am using premain creme for healing, so dont know if that helped. I never really bled either. But it does feel funny to me. It feel like a bowling ball in my pelvis. i would call the doc about he discharge though, could be infection. good luck Sue
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:55 PM

Sounds kind of familiar to me . . . it took me months have my rectocele, cystocele, entire pelvic floorocele surgery to feel halfway normal, and it hurt to poop for months and months. The only thing that concerns me a bit is that discharge. Call your doc. Other than that, patience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2006, 09:16 PM

I went for my 2 week post-op visit today and the Uro/Gyn said that you can have discharge up to 10-12 weeks. But if you have any concerns about it you definitely should call your Dr.
I can imagine still being uncomfortable at 11 weeks because I still had swelling for the first 3 months after the first repair. I am having a tough night tonight because I feel the pressure and urge of having a BM and am having difficulty even though there is no constipation. It feels like the bulge from my rectum into my vagina has been sewn up and is now popping out my backside!!
Michelle
Unread 05-10-2006, 12:16 AM

Thank you all for your input. That does make me feel a lot better.

It all got a lot worse yesterday and then I passed a 3cm(!) piece of thread. It is still stinging, so I am wondering if there is more to come.
I had the discharge investigated 2 weeks ago, but I think I will mention it again. It stains a pad an olive oil colour.
Unread 05-10-2006, 12:20 AM

Michelle, I had that sensation at one time. I almost felt as if I was carrying around a bag on my backside, to catch the poop, like you see horses with!!
Unread 05-10-2006, 05:10 AM

Scriv, do you know what caused it? Did you only experience it that one time? Sorry for This seems to happen at least twice a day and always gets better with a BM. I think as soon as it's over it starts building up again until my next BM. It always feels like I'm sitting on something. Sad to say but right now I feel like a toddler, my life revolves around toilet training!!
Michelle
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:16 AM

Sory Michelle, I haven't a clue what caused it. As it passed, I assumed it was a part of the swelling, irritation, bruising, healing etc.

I felt like that over a few days, I know. I think at the same time I also felt as if I were sitting on a sausage again, like I felt pre surgery, and the sensations did change slightly depending on BMs.

I wouldn't worry at the moment, unless of course it goes on to long or you have any other symptoms.
Unread 05-11-2006, 09:08 AM

Oh, yes, I can relate to this! These are pretty much the same symptoms that I am having, only I am just 1 week out. The healing ridge is inside and I feel it more rectally when I go to have a bowel movement than with sitting. And all the little twinges cause me to think thoughts like "okay, this is it, it is all going to come down right now!" but it doesn't, of course, I've just become a strange sort of chicken little! The nurse that I talked to prior to the surgery said that it takes many, many weeks after this surgery to feel normal again and often actually feeling normal takes up to 6 months. Our bodies are adjusting to the new shape, and I'm trying to remind myself the old shape wasn't what it used to be either!
Unread 05-12-2006, 12:56 AM

I am soooo... fed up of soreness and stitches at this late stage. There is obviously some tissue reaction going on, but I have had enough and feel very fed up. I passed a 3 cm piece of thread the other evening, so assume that is part of the problem.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register