How long can you wait? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long can you wait? How long can you wait?

Unread 05-13-2006, 11:23 AM
How long can you wait?

Bowlingrl: Did you mean by not fixing the rectocele can make more problems or by fixing it. I have a small enterocele already so I am already defected. Do you have a backache. I get terrible low backaches. You are correct that not one understands. My whole life right now revolves around if I can have a bowel movement and if its a good one, or am I going to have the feeling all day that something is stuck, which is every day. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. I know its not life threatening just its going to put me in the looney bin. Take care.

TeenaB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2006, 11:44 AM
How long can you wait?

TeenaB,
I meant by fixing it, can make more problems appear. On the other hand, I didn't have my rectocele repaired with my hysterectomy and it's so much worse now. I don't have backaches anymore, I used to before my hysterectomy, but I had my uterus fighting with my bladder to see which one was going to be outside that day. I did have my vaginal vault secured with the surgery, maybe that helped.
I am still wondering in my mind if these bowel problems we are having and my bladder spasms aren't endo related. I just don't know that much about endo - I had a TVH, so I have no idea how much endo was in there except it had ruined one of my ovaries and now my other ovary is making cysts. Then I had a cystoscopy and there was a 'curious' area (the urologists words) like a round dimple in my bladder - but nothing more was said - I have to wonder.
One of my neighbors has the same problem bowel problems too, we like to walk, somedays we both say at the same time 'I have to stay near the house' just in case - so we walk in circles near one of our houses. It is terrible to have to live like this. You are not alone. Hugs.
Unread 05-13-2006, 01:12 PM
How long can you wait?

Bowlingrl, I wish I would have know all this was going to happen when I had my hysterecomy two years ago, as I woud have had it all fixed but I know it can reoccur. I agree with you about the endo, then I had my hyst. the removed endo off my bladder flap and bowel, and I had just had it removed through a lap 6 months before that was my 4th lap to remove endo. I had had it since I was 17. My dr. assured me she go it all and that it won't come back. But how does she know. I am on estrogen patch and estrogen vagianl cream and endo is estrogen driven so maybe the feeling of irritation is endo and the rectocele in the tail bone but how does one know. I am just going to pray I have a bowel movenment everyday and that it comes out okay and hopefully it will just get better. It got better about 3 months ago for about 3 months and now I just can't seem to get it settled down, which makes me think its getting worse. Well have a nice weekend.

Teena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2006, 12:31 PM
How long can you wait?

I agree, how can they know if they got all the endo. Plus if endo is estrogen fueled and I still have one ovary, who knows. I just know that my left ovary making cysts, just like my right used to and my left ovary was clear at surgery time. I just wish I had know I had endo (the doctors told me the pains were IBS and my ligaments pulling from my falling uterus) if I had known, I would have asked for a TAH to try to get it all.
I also get horrible tailbone pains, once and a while, no rhyme or reason. Although I do get them quite frequently when I am out walking. Sometimes going to the bathroom helps, most of the time it just passes with no trips to the bathroom. I just don't know, wish there was a radiology test for endo. Have a good Mother's Day. Hugs.
Unread 05-15-2006, 09:01 AM
How long can you wait?

Hi Bowlingrl: Hope you had a nice Mother's Day. Unfortuntately my husband had the flu and had a 102 fever but was a trooper I might add and my 16 year old was home for a change. In regarding to your tailbone pain that could be your rectocele. I get tainbone pain and pressure from it and irritation and yes bowel movement help especially if they are full bowel movement. I have take the suggestion from one of the ladies as a regimen 1 Metimucel and 1 stool softner in the moring 2 Medimucels and 1 stool softner at lunch and 2 Medimucels and 1 stool at dinner and then I have added this stuff called Like Clockwork that has all kinds of stuff in it and so far for the last 3 days my morning BM and been full and that is just a great feeling. It is alot to remember but I just have to do it to get through the summer and it is a lot of fiber but so far has not been that bad. I walk 2 miles three days a week and I think that does to contribute to tail bone pain. I swear the stuff we go through. I would so just like to have the flu my husband has and cough and sneeze without having all of this to deal with. Oh well life goes on. Take care.

Teenab

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register