5 weeks post with sharp stabbing pains` | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post with sharp stabbing pains` 5 weeks post with sharp stabbing pains`

Unread 05-12-2006, 08:32 PM
5 weeks post with sharp stabbing pains`

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I am 5 weeks post op TAH. My bladder had hurt some when I went to the bathroom but it started to resolve. At my 3 week check up Dr. thought I may have a urinary tract infection because I had a little burning feeling so he prescribed Bactrim. The day I had it filled I came down with a partial small bowel obstruction and was back in the hospital for 5 days. My urine was clear so I didn't start the antibiotic. Now I have bladder pain again when I go to the bathroom but I also have pain when I exert, do Kegel exercises or sometimes they just jab like a knife up through me, feels like they almost go to my stomach. Very painful. I am to call my Dr. on Monday if no better. Anyone else have this experience?? I am starting to get scared that this is a problem with my bladder other than a urinary tract infection.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2006, 08:42 PM

Hi Laurie! Sorry you have had troubles. What I believe are my ovaries are giving me trouble. Right side for 5 days, and today (day 6) it has shifted to the left). I thought ovulating at first - having more crampy pains with a shooter or stabbing pain occassionally in random locations. Nurse says that the parts are just waking up and re-positioning themselves after being bullied around. I have been a little concerned as this is week 5 and not week 2 if you know what i mean. Anyway - good luck and I hope it works itself out!
M.
tah 04/04/06 adenocarcinoma in cervix, cervix and uterus removed
Unread 05-12-2006, 10:27 PM

I am 5 weeks as well and was having these terrible sharp pains as well. Honestly at first I thought I had really bad gas! But after 3 days of this I went in. I have a raging UTI as my dr called it. I am now on meds and he wants me back on Tuesday and again on Thursday. If they see no results from the meds they are going to start checking my kidneys. I would go to the Dr!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2006, 05:45 AM

Thanks for the input gals. I am so thankful that this morning I woke and that pain is gone when I do the Kegel exercise. It must be a urinary tract infection and the Bactrim is doing it's trick. Whatever it is it is going away. Best of luck to you CaKD with your UTI. Hope it clears soon. I have to keep reminding myself that I am still early in recovery at 5 weeks and just to look ahead at how good I will feel (hopefully) at 5 months and the reason I had surgery in the first place will be well worth it. It has been a rough recovery for me so far, especially with the small bowel obstruction.

Laurie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register