new here - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-27-2006, 11:13 AM
new here

Hi, I am new too. My surgery date is June 15th. I am looking forward to getting it over also, but the more i read the more i get scared, I'm having a vaginal hyst, keeping my ovaries. Just have had tons of bleeding since getting my tubes tied 2 years ago, no pain or cramping, dr has tried many different meds to get me to quit bleeding but nothing has worked, so this is my next and only step. Good luck to you, hope everthing goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2006, 10:22 PM
new here

I am telling everyone, stay in prayer. When my doctor told me my options, I ran home and read everything possible. When I went back to him, crying uncontrollably, he was sympathetic and then he told me to stop reading so much. I kind of agreed. I have had endometriosis for 23 years, had every treatment/surgery/hormones one could think of. After all these years with excrutiating pain, I think its time now for this to happen. After the summer I will have my total hysterectomy. Good luck and hope all is well. Will be waiting to hear fromm you to let the sisters now that you are ok.
Unread 05-28-2006, 09:42 AM
new here

I agree with you i'm reading too much, i'm freaking myself out reading everything. The thing that scares me the most is the recovery. I work for a dr. and he is only allowing me a week off My surgery is on a thursday and he expects me back by Monday or Tuesday, I am switching positions with the Secretary so I can sit all day. Really don't know how well that will go, If I'm not ready to go back that soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Wow

How are you going to manage. My doctor told me that I will be in hospital for at least 5 days as long as I don't have any complications. What person in their right mind would do that. Then my job is giving me 6 to 8 weeks of recovery time. Sorry it took me so long tiredpiglet to get back to you, I'm still new so I had to learn how to navigate the site and get my replies.
Unread 06-02-2006, 10:11 AM
new here

I'm having a TVH so I'll be home the next day. I don't know how I'm gonna feel, I have a party to go to on Sunday but we'll see if I make it. I really should go, I planned it lol! I'm scheduled for my pre op appt on June 15th so hopefully that'll go well. I don't know what it entails, but I'm sure I'll be a pin cushion.
Unread 06-02-2006, 10:21 AM
new here

Hi just wanted to pop in and say that I felt the same way counting down the days. I had my hyster 2 wks after my laprascopy and that seemed to take for ever. I got really nervous, but excited. I also have three children 10,9,and 6. Good luck with your upcoming adventure.
Unread 06-02-2006, 01:58 PM
new here

Hi, I'm new to this site and looking forward to my TAH on June 9th. I have three children 26 years, 17 years and 15 years and not planning anymore. My eldest just got married on May 28, 2006 and wants children right away. Will be so happy not to have periods anymore or fear of getting pregnant. Having hysterectomy due to large fibroids.
Unread 06-02-2006, 05:13 PM
new here

Hi, the only thing that stinks I have no benefits at work, I've been there about a year and don't even have a day built up in vacation or sick time. The dr i work for is a man, so that answers all they just don't undertand he will find out that I'm not super woman like he expects me to be.
Unread 06-02-2006, 08:27 PM
My heart goes out to you

Tiredpiglet, you are in my prayers. I hope it turns out different for you where you can get a couple more days off. Since he is a doctor, one would think that he understands and would be somewhat sympathetic.
Unread 06-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Men!!!

tiredpiglet, I don't understand how your boss can expect you back so soon. I'm having a LAVH on June 29, and my Dr says I'll be in the hosp at least 3 nights/4days. I agree with mrsmac...I wish you all the best, and I hope you get more days off.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register