Info you can't get from the doc | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Info you can't get from the doc Info you can't get from the doc

Unread 05-02-2001, 07:24 PM
Info you can't get from the doc

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to keep in touch. I have found very helpful info about the decision making process, the anxiety and what to expect before and after surgery. This stuff is invaluable to me. I have spent countless hours on the net researching my atypical endometrial hyperplasia. I probably know every aspect from diagnosis to treatment out there but your info takes it out of the realm of medicine and into the realm of humanity. You ladies have helped me to cling to my faith even more tightly than before.

My doc is going to perform a second endo biopsy on the tenth to see if the atypia has returned. I've been dealing with cramps since Feb. when a D&C was performed. I had three wonderful weeks without bleeding or cramping following the procedure. I haven't menstruated since early march( which was very heavy and long). I am tired of just getting used to another ache and pain like I got used to the three years of bleeding before the D&C. I really want my doctor to do something which will eliminate the threat of the precancerous cells from returning. I will talk with her at length on the tenth of may. Have any of you ladies had hesitant Doctors? Mine is hesitant to suggest a hyst. because I am 30 and childless. I told her that bio children were not a priority for me. I have a teaching career and a sickly mother to care for. I need to be able to juggle a very hectic life and I would love to do it without the pelvic pain. I feel somewhat like I am jumping to be under the knife yet I want my life back.
I am sorry for going on so long. I just needed someone to be there for me. Nobody in my life understands what I am going through or they just can't handle it so they don't want to talk about it. It is easier for them to pretend I am all better. So I keep quiet about the aches and pains and act as if nothing is wrong.I resent this greatly but I can't remedy the situation too many people lean on me as the strong one.

Again , I am sorry for the length of the post. My heartfelt thanks for being here for me.

Hugs & prayers,

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2001, 05:15 AM

Hi Tina, when I first found out about my cancer , I surfed the net more than I cooked I found out lots and became very informed which did help a little. But like you said , it is the human touch that gives the most support. And the sisters here are best at it My faith has never been stronger and I have such an inner strength from all the prayers being said for me at the moment.
It is normal to want the hsyter over and done with. I couldnt wait. And as for being alone. Well you arent, because we are all here for you. Take good care x x
Unread 05-03-2001, 05:20 AM

I feel as though most doctors have children of their own and feel as though every woman wants to give birth. In this day and age, I hate to say this, but people are always ready to sue for something. These doctors have to be sure that the patient is not going to regret a decision later on, especially if there were other means to relieving the patient from pain. The other thing that has to be considered is the insurance. SOme companies will not cover the hyst if they feel that it was not totally necessary! They require certain steps to be followed first, and this is all stuff that the doctor needs to take into consideration.
I really do hope that things work out for you! Please know that you have lots of support here! Take care!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2001, 06:57 AM

Hi Tina,

Cyd has brought up some very good points to consider. I used to work in medical coding, billing and reimbursement. While working with the insurance companies, I found most have very strict guidelines about what procedures are covered and what conditions are allowed for each procedure.

I do understand your feelings about being able to discuss things with family and friends. Most times people hear the word "cancer" and they just do not know how to deal with it. I think sometimes they just don't know what to say, feel like the person doesn't want to talk about it or just can't deal with the reality of the situation themselves. It can be very frustrating but that is exactly why this site is so wonderful and beneficial.

I wish you the best on your upcoming visit. I hope you'll be able to get some of your questions answered. It sounds like you are taking a very pro-active role in your health, good for YOU! Please let us know how things are going for you.

{{hugs}} to you.

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register