Getting a little scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting a little scared Getting a little scared

Unread 05-23-2006, 09:01 AM
I am in the same boat

hey!
I am a new sister to the site and I am also having my hysterectomy on june 1st. It seems like dooms day. I find myself wondering why someone my age should even have to worry about this decision? I guess in a sense i have been blessed to have had my children young. I will be saying a prayer for you and all of the others who are waiting for the big day. good luck and keep smiling.

KC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Getting a little scared

I truly believe the waiting is the worst part of the entire surgery. I felt just like you. But the time will pass quickly and before you know it, your surgery will be behind you.

I kept myself busy preparing for my surgery by baking some bran muffins and freezing them, buying lots of magazines ahead of time to read afterward, stocked the freezer with frozen dinners, and did the yard work that I knew I wouldn't be able to do for a while.

Sending you my best wishes for a great recovery!

Mary
Unread 05-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Getting a little scared

Hey Jenny, I didn't really use pads while in there. (only during the brief walks in the hall) They had "butt pads" on my bed (large square pad type thing you sit on). I only bled the first day or two, still have a little discharge fromt time-to-time. I did get into this weird habit of sticking a regular pad to the butt pad...so it wouldn;t feel like I was sitting in something. But that wasn't the brightest idea. Moving around can be tricky and pads just don't stick where they are meant to! LOL

Since I have to keep my cath in for 14 days wearing anything like underwear and a pad is not only uncomfy, but it messed the cath up in draining properly. Needless to say I was sent home with butt pads and only wear vrey lose fitting shorts when I have company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Getting a little scared

Jenny. I'm scheduled for next Tuesday, you too? I just made the final decision yesterday, and I'm starting to freak out. I can't get off this web site, but have so much to do. My house is not clean, laundry is piling up, bills are not paid, etc...I'm grateful for this website - I need support right now.
Unread 05-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Getting a little scared

Hi Jenny! I'm 12 days post op and am still wearing pads. Had some bleeding first couple days post op. Started to need a pad about 4 days ago, fluid now discharging. My doc says is normal. I hated them! I haven't worn in a year - could get away with super/plus tampons and panty liners. Since everyone recuperates differently, I'd hang onto...then you can have the satisfaction of having a throwing out party!! You'll all do wonderfully. I was more anxious the week before my surgery than I was the day before....some sort of calm set in. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers
Unread 05-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Getting a little scared

HI Jenny, KC and Vega!

Fourteen days you had to have your cath in? Did you have bladder repair or any surgery on it? They took my cath out the day after my surgery. Bless your heart. Hope you are feeling much better now.

Thoughts and prayers to you girls having your hysterectomy June 1st. It's true, the waiting is the hardest part.

Diana
Unread 05-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Getting a little scared

Hey Diana, I meant to say 10 days, not 14, but including the surgery day I'll end up having the blasted thing for 11 days.

The onco wanted me to have one that long because she removed the pelvic lymph nodes. She explained it like she was stripping the bladder bare, and it gets shy, doesn't want to "show" itself. (love docs that use easy terms LOL) Basically rather than have it freak out she was going to let it rest.

For you LIW, it does feel like dooms day, until it arrives, then it's more like geesh, lets just get this over with already.
Unread 05-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Getting a little scared

Hi Vega!

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry, I'm still new to all of this. Here's praying the 26th gets here in a flash. Take care! Diana
Unread 05-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Getting a little scared

Hi Jeanette,
I didn't have any discharge or anything out of the norm after my hyst. Maybe you won't as well.
I will say that my dreaded period is missed but mostly when I'm skipping that isle in the supermarket. It's the strangest thing.
Otherwise doing great and glad that it's over. I hope you do well too.
So far I don't feel different physically at all. I'm a little extra sad about not having children but for me that wasn't gonna happen probably.
I hope you have confidence in your decision and your doc.
Bridge
Unread 05-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Getting a little scared

Hi Jenny, I too am scheduled for surgery June 1st. I can tell you I am also very nervous...lots of things going thru my mind. I know that the waiting is the hardest part so I just wish June 1st would hurry up and get here. I can't wait to be on "the other side". My surgery is for pre-cancer not endo or any of the other problems that so many of the other ladies have or had. So I am fortunate to have a good quality of life now. I know we will all do fine. Good luck to you, I'll be thinking of you as I too prepare for the trip to the castle.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register