Getting a little scared - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting a little scared Getting a little scared

Unread 05-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Getting a little scared

Thank you everyone. I really do feel better knowing I am not alone. I reinstalled my yahoo messenger I am jennyfreeidaho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Getting a little scared

Hi!
I am less than 1 month from TAH (23June). I'm a 40 yearold mother of 4 and a nurse and I am still VERY nervous!!!! I have been cleaning the house to keep myself busy. This site has been a godsend. I wish you well (and all other pricesses waiting to enter the castle) and thank you to those already there who have been so generous with your advice and support!
Purplebetty
Unread 05-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Getting a little scared

tynkerbelle, hi! I am having my hysterectomy on Tues the 30th, a day before you. Also for pre-cancer. Is your diagnosis hyperplasia by any chance? ( I don't know of any other pre cancer diagnosis) I have complex atypical hyperplasia and am a nervous wreck. I have been driving myself crazy for the last 3 weeks. I am at the point that I just want it over with so I know what I am dealing with. Hopefully we caught it in time and that will be it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Getting a little scared

Hi Jenny,

I too am making the trip on June 1st, I claim nothing but the best for all of us scheduled that day. The same for all the other LIW.
Unread 05-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Getting a little scared

We are all gonna do wonderfully. I will be home on friday, at least that is the story. When are you two scheduled to come home?
Unread 05-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Getting a little scared

I too am supposed to come home on Friday. Marymo, I had severe cervical dysplasia(removed by leep procedure) and adenocarcinoma in situ of the cervix. I'm sure we'll all do just fine funny thing is this last, final week, I am not really nervous anymore.
Unread 05-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Getting a little scared

I can really identify with you ladies in waiting!! I was so scared, I fretted and worried and obsessed. But honestly, and everyone is different, the worry was worse than my hyster. It happens so fast, you wake up and it's over, you can have meds if you need them (I only needed one shot! then nothing!). I got the groovy mesh panties and the pad after the nurse took out my packing and catheter (doesn't hurt coming out, don't worry!). I only wore the mesh panties the first night, and the next morning put on my own clean panties and a mini pad. Didn't have anything but a day of 'spotting', and then nothing since then.

Honestly, having my hyster was such a good thing. I feel so much better now, and last year at this time I was two weeks post-op. Take care of yourselves now, a few bites of chocolate, good books, buy a new nightie if you can afford it, clean and iron your favorite one if you can't. You will honestly be glad after it is all over. Everyone told me that, but I didn't believe it. Now I'm a believer!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you all, and may your experience be as safe, painless and happy as mine!!

BunnyJean
Unread 05-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Getting a little scared

Waiting is definitely the worst part. I'm 2 weeks post op and am recovering better than I could have hoped. I was not nervous about the surgery per se, but it really does hang over you. I could not wait to get it over with and get on with my life. The first thought I had in the recovery room was "thank God it's over".

Try to keep busy with some fun diversions. That will help to make the waiting go quickly.

Best of luck to you!
Unread 05-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Getting a little scared

I too am waiting for my surgery date (July 25th) and it feels like torture. I wish I could go in tomorrow! I keep going over everything that could possibly go wrong.

Best of luck to you, with the waiting, the surgery and the recovery!
Unread 05-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Getting a little scared

Hey Jenny, I am scheduled for a total Hysterectomy June 12th and am absolutely terrified.
Thank goodness for this site.
Best wishes for you and all of us!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register