What 'kind' of pain is it afterwards? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What 'kind' of pain is it  afterwards? What 'kind' of pain is it afterwards?

Unread 05-23-2006, 04:43 PM
What 'kind' of pain is it afterwards?

I know that people feel pain in different degrees-all dependent on the site of pain, type of procedure and what you had taken out, moved around or stitched up. I was just wondering what it felt like. For example, after a TAH does it feel like a constant throbbing pain; or is it more like a stabbing pain? Is it more like a cramping pain or burning?( I'm talking inside-not so much any inscisions)Is it just 'sore', and not so constant? Is it achy? I just wanted to know if any one could relate the pain they felt to me, so I'd have a better idea as to what to expect-I am having a TAH(leaving ovaries) with a TT- doc's both said there would be no stitches or staples(on the outside).
Note- I have had kidney stones and a baby, so I know what pain is!

Any input is desired!!!

Thank you!

Wendy in Memphis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2006, 04:48 PM

After the Op day I found the pain to be more of the achey kind rather than sharp pains. First day was a bit different but still managed ok - they are pretty good with pain relief now so didn't suffer too much even then.
Unread 05-23-2006, 05:48 PM

I am wondering this as well. I have my surgery tomorrow, so I don't have long to wait. I figure the first couple of days are going to feel like I was run over by a train or truck-- especially the shoulders. (That's kind of how I felt after my laproscopic gallbladder surgery.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2006, 05:56 PM

I am curious as well. My doc says it wil be similar to my c section recovery (2). If that's the case, no bust. But for some reason I don't think he's telling me all. (thats supposed to indicate that it sounds "fishy" to me) hee hee
Anyway, i am having TAH, RSO, possible BSO and reconstuction of pelvic tissue (you got me, my next appt is soon and I gotta ask him, what EXACTLY he meant by "eroded pelvis")

ANYWAY, back to my original question...is it similar to a c section recovery, has anyone had both?
Unread 05-23-2006, 05:57 PM

The few times I did feel pain it was more of being sore. But they keep you pretty well taken care of in there. At home is another story, I have gotten a few of those sharp pains in the one side, however that was my own fault for pushing myself too soon.
Unread 05-23-2006, 06:21 PM

I had a TAH BSO and my pain while in the hospital was more just aching and soreness, nothing sharp, throbbing or unbearable.

I've had a few sharper twinges since I got home, but I think that has been more to do with my bowels settling down than the surgery itself.
Unread 05-23-2006, 06:43 PM

Hi, I am 12 days post op and so far the pain only lasted the first week or so to speak of. My belly pain is slight and occasoinally the incision site is ok right now except for the occasonal burning when I have been standing too long.
Unread 05-23-2006, 06:59 PM

I mostly felt soreness when I moved, coughed, or god help me laughed. this was more the first week. I am 19 days post op, with a TAH as well. Best of luck on your surgery!!
Unread 05-23-2006, 07:55 PM

I had TAH BSO and really didn't even want the pain meds. The swelly belly is annoying and there was discomfort low in the pelvis with elimination. Since there was nothing compared to cramps, I was in heaven.
Unread 05-23-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Queen
I am wondering this as well. I have my surgery tomorrow, so I don't have long to wait. I figure the first couple of days are going to feel like I was run over by a train or truck-- especially the shoulders. (That's kind of how I felt after my laproscopic gallbladder surgery.)
I'll be thinking of you ElkQueen...Bet Wishes to you and a quick and healthy recovery!

Wendy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register