New, Scared and Feeling Alone - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New, Scared and Feeling Alone New, Scared and Feeling Alone

Unread 06-02-2006, 10:10 AM
New, Scared and Feeling Alone

Hey Starr!! I think we all know how you feel right now. I knew something was wrong and it took several years to get the answers I needed. So in a way I was pressing for a hyster. But when it came down to it I was just as scarred. I worked myself into a frenzy. My DH and family was very good. My friends not so much. It wasn't until recently that I found this site, because I did not want to keep whinning to my DH when he could not fully understand although he tried. This place is wonderful, and the sisters here are understanding. We are all here for you, because in one way or the other we know what you are going through. Keep hanging in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2006, 10:48 PM
My response from some, the same

Some say oh that's no big deal, I had my Hyst and was back to work in a week
Not everyone has a simple procedure and everyone should realize like some of the other sisters have told you anytime you go under it is a big deal.

And yes you know who your friends are at these times and I realized the ones I thought would be there for me never cared at all.

But this was a great place for me to visit, chat, vent and just feel good knowing all these ladies have been or will be going thru something simular to you and you can talk 24/7
Take Care Hugs Prayers and well wishes to you
you are not alone
Kay
Unread 06-03-2006, 11:19 PM

Hi Jaimie,
My hyst is slated for the day before you and I can hardly wait! I've been in a lot of pain with Aunt Flo and all.Nothing eases it but the support you get from this site is nothing short of miraculous(especially in the wee hours when I can't sleep)!I have support at home but they"re more scared than me and frustrated that I have had to live like this since Jan. Adenomyosis wasn't diagnosed til April, I was beginning to think the pain was all in my head until Ifound many Hystersisters with the same symptoms. We'll all be on the road to recovery soon! Keep positve and tuned in to this site, it's a lifeline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2006, 11:30 PM

JamieStarr, you are telling my life story.
Just by reading the posts from all the sisters makes me feel better.
Most people don't understand that women have feelings too....we are NOT superwomen :superman: We are just that sometimes need a little help to feel like one.
I wish you well and keep your chin up.

Let us know how things go!
Unread 06-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Me too...

I'm in the same boat as you, Jamie...scared, apprehensive and unsure I've made the right decision. It's all happening so quickly and I feel as if I need to slow things down; however, I'm glad I FINALLY quit thinking everything I was feeling was the way things are supposed to be and mentioned everything to my doctor. I can't tell you how much useful information I've gained from this website! I found it completely by accident, thought I'd just be a visitor, but keep feeling the need to share the emotions I'm going through prior to my surgery (scheduled for this Friday, June 9). I have no doubt I'll spend most of my recuperation time viewing this website...the women here are awesome!

Hang in there, sweetie. There's been many more before us and we can make it through, too
Unread 06-04-2006, 03:45 AM

It is funny how it takes times like this to find out who your real friends are and who really cares. This is going to sound really strange but in my case, the ones that have called and expressed concerns have mostly been my guy friends. My BF took the Thursday of my surgery and Friday off to be with me. My little brother burned his phone up while I was at the hospital but my sister didn't even call me until the day after and I haven't heard from her since. The day after my surgery my ex-bf called, upset with me because I did not tell him. He found out from a mutual friend that called him to get my number because he had 1 digit wrong in his cell phone, my boss at my part-time job, which is a man called me the day after and then called me again yesterday to check on me. My gang from my part-time job called me last weekend also but it was one of the guy who made the call, not the ladies (I have a crew of 2 guys and 2 girls that I supervise). One of my girlfriends from work called me a couple of days ago but that is it. The others that I thought would call and offer support or just show concern, didn't lift a finger. My aunt, cousins, sister-in-law, female co-workers that I have worked with for years, etc....nothing. I have come to the conclusion that most women just don't understand or they are very uncomfortable with it so they avoid you. This can lead to hard feelings. That is what I am having the hardest time with is how am I going to feel towards them when I do go back to work?

Regardless, just take comfort in knowing that there are many sisters here who have you in their thoughts and prayers. I just wish I had found this site before my surgery.
Unread 06-04-2006, 10:40 AM

I to felt anxious.. I had an enlarged uterus alot of lower abdominal pain, alot of bleeding. so, it really was getting old.. welcomed the surgery. see, i was very affraid too. i never had surgery before.. so, being put under was very scarey for me... i just decided in my mind that i`m tougher than this and can do it.. every-one was super and surgery went awesomely well. i`m in my fourth week and feel like a million bucks. my dr. gave clearance to resume every-thing.. first day back to work on monday. so, i`m ready... so, be tough, you can do this.. every-thing goes like clock work.. its easy for others to think this isn`t a big deal. but, their not the ones going through this... so, hang in there. i will tell you that you r first two weeks will be the toughest... this web site is a good site and every-one helps each other through this.
Unread 06-04-2006, 10:50 AM

Hi, I take it you had a vag hyst. I work for a Dr. and he expects me back to work in a week or within the week. So how was your pain and with walking and sitting. I'm having mine the 15th, removing uterus and cervix. I hope I have a quick recovery what type of work do you do. Keep in touch would like to hear more about your experience.
Dawn
Unread 06-04-2006, 12:54 PM

no, it was lapryscopic.. guess i`m just doing well. like i say the first week and half or two were not real pleasurable it gets better. i had the uterus and rt. tube removed. keeping cervix, so i don`t need to worry about bladder falling later in life
Unread 06-04-2006, 04:57 PM

Oh, grumpybear, I'm so sorry that the people you thought would call did not. I think they just don't know what to say, but as women whether we understand or should be supportive of eachother no matter what the case may be. Support is so important and it means alot. I agree with ariadne64093 when she said, "hang in there", there's plenty of women on this site who've had it and are doing fine. Maybe we can help the ones who come behind us

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register