Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed? (2006) - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed? (2006) Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed? (2006)

Unread 06-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed? (2006)

Thank you so much for this article.... My ultrasound results say that I have adenomyosis........ This answers a lot of questions... I go to see a gynecologist in a few weeks. I have a lot a pain, especially when anything touches my uterus! It hurts for 2 days after..... and my lower back almost always hurts lately....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2006, 09:40 PM

Thanks iluvpurple for the great link. I found it very helpful. Everyone with the possibilty of adenomyosis or other 'vague uterus' symptoms should visit this link. Thumbs up!
Unread 06-15-2006, 11:05 PM

I had my SAH on June 8th. I have my first post-op on Monday and will get to read my path report. After reading this thread I am sure I had Adeno. I had the brown discharge also. Did anyone else have a clear (smelly)discharge the rest of the month? I had to wear a pad all the time due to this. Since my SAH no more discharge! I thought it had to do with getting older. If it wasn't for this site I would be totally in the dark about all of this. I first heard about fibroid tumors last month and heard about endo and adeno from this website. My doctor didn't really explain anything, but if I hadn't found this website I wouldn't have know how in the dark I was (I hope that made sense).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosen
I had my SAH on June 8th. I have my first post-op on Monday and will get to read my path report. After reading this thread I am sure I had Adeno. I had the brown discharge also. Did anyone else have a clear (smelly)discharge the rest of the month? I had to wear a pad all the time due to this. Since my SAH no more discharge! I thought it had to do with getting older. If it wasn't for this site I would be totally in the dark about all of this. I first heard about fibroid tumors last month and heard about endo and adeno from this website. My doctor didn't really explain anything, but if I hadn't found this website I wouldn't have know how in the dark I was (I hope that made sense).
Yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!! I have been on Metro gel and Flagyl so many times it is ridiculous and it wasn't until I saw this that I had even heard of adeno and its symptoms. It was embaressing and painful and really really awful. Spoke with doc, he says he wuldnt be surprised...we will wait for pathology.
Unread 06-16-2006, 05:50 PM

Oh my gosh! I've had a brown discharge for well over two years, between periods. AND I've had the "old blood" at the end of my period for longer than that!!! I would never had know it could be adno!!!! I haven't mentioned the "old blood" to my doctor because I thought it was just the way my period was. Good grief. My discharge has gotten better since EA, but is still there, sometimes light, light yellow/brown, sometimes clear. Never really smelly though. This website is amazing for sharing info!
Unread 06-16-2006, 07:47 PM

I have a preliminary diagnosis of adenomysis, that showed up on an ultrasound. My ultrasound also showed that my uterus is enlarged and that I have calcifications in my uterus. My symptoms were kind of vague until I ended up in the ER in March with severe pelvic/abdominal pain. I since then have intermittent pelvic pain, bloating, flatuence, and frequent urination. These symptoms will come and go and vary in severity. I pretty much feel like poop. One day a pair of pants will fit and that same pair of pants are so tight on another. My periods are unbearable, with severe cramps and heavy bleeding. I need a MRI which I have scheduled for 6/23, after that my doctor and I will decide what to do. I'm 90% sure I will end up with a hysterectomy, since what I have learned would be my only alternative since I am not a canidate for hormone therapy. I hope this helps! Good luck with your surgery and God Bless!
Unread 06-16-2006, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstime
I didn't find out until I saw the pathology report that I had adeno. BUT, I also had fibroids, adhesions on my colon, a proliferated endometrium & endocervicitis (whatever those last 2 are???). My symptoms were debilitating pain since about January, I couldn't reach, stretch or pull too much (alot like the recovery from hyst), I was fatigued all the time, & had to urinate about every 20 minutes. Hard to tell what my symptoms were caused by & I still haven't talked to my doctor.
What was causing, exactly, the peeing every 20 mins? B/c that's going on w/ me too, I pee like I'm a pregnant woman. Of course, my uterus is as big as if I were 20 weeks pregnant,so that could be doing it, but I wondered what they told you the cause for that was.
Unread 06-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Me too!

I've done the doses of flagyl b/c someone always thinks I've got some sort of infection from that smell, but the lab reports always comes back with nothing. To hear that somone else has this issue is well, so great! Sorry that it's happening to you too, but it's nice that I'm not the only one! BTW, scheduled for TAH on 6/22 for suspected adeno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emichal
Wow...as usual on most of these boards...I feel like I could have written any one of these posts. I never mentioned the clotting or teh brown discharge at the end to my doc but it has definitely been bothering me. I also seem to be plagued with what I keep thinking are bacterial infections (odor ), but I can't seem to get rid of them with antibiotics or prescripton gels- is that a sign of adeno or am I just really...well...infectable? Trust me, with all of my other probs these were at the bottom of the complaint list. But, I can't believe sometimes how things I just took as normal for me, are actually signs of something else. My doc diagnosed endo after my lapro, but we never discussed adeno. I have gone to the ER twice for what I thought were rupturing cysts and the "labor like pains" are something I have just come to expect. Thank you ladies...I will make sure I get my pathology report checked out.
Question...does the hyst and BSO "cure" adeno or is it something we have to worry about afterwards? will it effect other organs?
Unread 06-16-2006, 08:22 PM

Chiming in to say yes yes yes! have the brown discharge and the smelly clear one. Flagyl doesn't 'fix it' and nothing has ever shown on lab reports as to any bacterial problem. I'm so ready for all the 'little' symptoms to go away, along with the pain. I'm so tired of the pain. Just a few more days for me, then I'll be heading to the castle.
Unread 06-16-2006, 08:30 PM

I never thought I would be so happy to hear about other women's discharge.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register