Six weeks tomorrow and bored, bored, BORED!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six weeks tomorrow and bored, bored, BORED!!! Six weeks tomorrow and bored, bored, BORED!!!

Unread 05-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Six weeks tomorrow and bored, bored, BORED!!!

Is anyone else out there BORED? I am almost six weeks post-op, so I am feeling really good and am able to do more. My DH has his closest friend (whom he has not seen in 5 months) visiting from out of state, and they have been playing golf all day yesterday and today. Which is GREAT- I am very supportive of this. Usually. But today I think I am feeling very sorry for myself. I feel like everyone else in the world (okay, everyone else in the U.S. ) is doing something fun for the holiday- having a cookout, visting with friends/relatives. And here I sit. I took my 2 young DSes out to lunch (just Subway), and then we went to get a few groceries. THAT is how stir crazy I am; a trip to the grocery store is my excitement for the day! I have caught up on email and laundry. My house is clean (particularly since we have a houseguest- DH and I cleaned well in anticpation). I made a patriotic dessert (pie with strawberry and blueberry flag design on top). We only moved here about 6 months ago, so I have friends, but no one I feel comfortable enough bugging on a holiday. I guess I think of it as a family day, but the local members of my family over the age of 8 who are not golfing- my parents- are working. Ugh! I think after 6 weeks of limited activities, energy and interaction with people, I am now just raring to go but with nowhere TO go and no one to go with. Okay, little pity party here. Thanks for this! I would rather vent to anyone kind (or glutton for punishment) enough to read this so that I can be cheerful when DH gets home. Whenever that is. Oops- that wasn't very cheerful. I'll have to keep practicing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2006, 03:49 PM

Holidays are always strange, aren't they? DH and I went to a friend's house for a cookout and with her to look at possibly buying a hot tub- (for her, not me-I figure I will learn from her and get one down the road...)so it's been a busy morning. Maybe you guys can go out tonight for a bite to eat? You could go out for a spontaneous hair appt, go get some flowers (or a container and put in a tomato plant!), or go get some cool candles for the house to suprise the dh and guest upon return. (Or strawberry daquiries??!) I don't know about you, but in GA today it's HOT! Wonder how the golfing's going??... Anyway, I just wanted to say I totally understand. Take care!
Unread 05-29-2006, 04:09 PM

felicity-grace: here I sit also waiting for my hair color to be rinsed out. DBF is working and kids and grandkids are in my home state of Florida (Clearwater). I thnk what we're feling is normal1 Just think, no more cramps and periods and most of all PMS......think how the moms and wives and husbands that lost their significant other (daughter and sons also) in the war. I think we have alot to be thankful for. Now get a smile on that face and I hope you have a great rest of the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2006, 04:13 PM

Thanks, yipee!! heehee...an impromptu hair appointment...I've styled it twice already today (once curly, which was too frizzy, so straight the second time). Same idea, though. I don't think my DSes are up for being dragged out again (they're playing really nicely right now, so I am thankful they're not fighting and don't want to disrupt the peace), so I am house-bound for the moment, but I really like the dinner out idea. I'll even forego the daiquiris (actually yesterday I worked- unsuccessfully- on perfecting a mojito recipe) and offer to drive; I'm sure after 72 holes of golf in 48 hours they'll be BEAT. Thanks, yipee, really! Sometimes I think all you really need is to know someone else feels/has felt similarly. Happy hot-tubbing, eventually- whether at your friend's or your own!

And dwanna, thanks, too. Yes, I agree- there is so much to be thankful for, and- having soldiers in the family- I have been mindful of the sacrifices families have made today, and STILL I whine! So thanks for the extra reminder, and I now have a smile on my face!! There, a grin no less! Thanks!
Unread 05-29-2006, 08:10 PM

Felicity, I know how you feel. Everyone around this house wants to go swimming. Either at the beach or at the pool. I want nothing more than to be doing the same thing, but haven't been released to do so. I am hoping to be release on Wednesday, but this week I have dsd who has a cast on her foot and can't go swimming either. So, I have to find fun things to do instead, and that is so hard to do. I am just trying to see the brighter side which says that I will never again have to miss a day of swimming in the ocean because dear aunt flo is visiting. lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register