Hormone OverLoad | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hormone OverLoad Hormone OverLoad

Unread 05-04-2001, 04:41 AM
Hormone OverLoad

Ok ladies, Please don't mind me But I'm on a major roller coaster ride and I cant see to find the way off. Im 13 days pre-op and all was going ok until last night. My DH and I are very close and it has been months since we could um well make love so I figured I'd try last night as our 13th Anniversey is coming up, Well at first it was great and then boom out of no where I was in so much pain, more the child birth and was crying, of course he stopped quicklie without secound guessing anything, By that time not only was I crying because I could not make love to him but now also because I feel like I have failed as a wife and failed as his lover, Of course he has never complained at all about not having this speical time with me , But I hate this and now this morning I was taking a shower and well Im bleeding again ,Ladies I dont know how much more of the bleeding I can handle it messes with my whole life. I only have 13 days left and Im on pills to prevent the bleeding at this point the docs cant give me anything else to stop it. I dont know what to do, I just want to scream and cry.

thanks for listening
Bren
email if you want
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2001, 05:09 AM
Hormone OverLoad

Brenda-
I understand how you feel. But if there wasn't something wrong you wouldn't be getting a hyster in the first place. All this will be over once your surgery is done and you give yourself time to heal.
You didn't fail as a wife, you have a medical reason for what has been happening. Give yourself a break and know that 3 months from now this will all be just a memory.
I was really emotional the last week before my surgery. Although I wanted my hyster so badly, I was scared of the unknown and so many thoughts were running through my head.
I'm sure you've seen ladies say thousands of times that the waiting is the harderst part. And I assure you it is. Once your surgery is over, you will not believe how much calmer you will feel.
Hang in there, and vent when you need too. We have all been where you are now
Unread 05-04-2001, 07:48 AM
hormoen over load

just want to let you all know I am having all kinds of med probs right now and am being sent in to see a doc A.S.A.P. due to them will update you as soon as I can ... Wish me luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2001, 08:06 AM
In sickness and health........

Bren......
Please don't doubt your husband's faith in you at this point. I'm sure when you said your vows that neither of you were able to "see" the future and look at what's happening now......but he's right beside you and that says a lot.
Let him know how you feel and I'll just bet he'll be supportive all the way! I know the physical pain you're describing, and the emotional pain you felt, too. I've been there! Thank God I have a very supportive DH and that he took his marriage vows seriously......lesser men would have walked months ago from the "lack", ya know? Um, shall we say, "absence of conjugal pleasure?" Yeah, that's an understatement!

This is an opportunity for both you and your DH to come to understand that the "better or worse, sickness & health" stuff in your vows was put there for a reason, hon. Yes, you're hormonal, disappointed, in pain, and you're not having any fun either. But it WILL get better, believe me!! Treat DH to a special dinner and make him a coupon for another special dinner about the time your Dr' clears you for "recreation." Frame it if you have to. But remember that you married him for a reason, and he's still there right beside you after 13 years, isn't he?

Big tip: This is your last period! No more after this!! Try to keep that in mind (easier said than done, I know) as you get closer and closer to your surgery date. Find a new hobby, do the gardening now that you won't be able to during recovery, burn off that frustration with exercise, walking, etc. You've probably had 10+ day periods before, haven't you, and you've survived them? Well, this is the last one! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there, Bren.......
HysterHugs
Margie
Unread 05-04-2001, 08:15 AM
Hormone OverLoad

Brenda-
Best of luck to you hon. Update us when you can, and above all take care of yourself!
Unread 05-04-2001, 08:20 AM
Hormone OverLoad

Hi Honeeeeeey!
Same thing here-tried it two weeks ago-tears, blood, and all the crap feelings that go with it!
I have become a little tough in the sex area, I'm afraid! I told my husband last time he asked or made a move "Take matters ito your own hands Dear-I just can't!" Sounds cold I know-but it isn't worth the pain and all the upset and guilt feeelings!.
Your huisband and mine will live without it for a few months. This is what marriage is all about, committment to a better life together. To grow together, and you can't grow together unless you share and feel together.
He took the statement as a joke becuase I was laughing when I said. He is a good sport. I explained to him how I feel I am failing him in that area. He said-You could never fail me, only yourself because of the way you are twisting this. This is life-it happens-I am here no matter what!
What a dear!(At times! )
I think some of us women always feel like that because of all that is going on with our bodies and emotions. Just think-You are not failing-You are doing something to fix these feelings and problems and all will be well soon. That is not failing...That is progressing and growing and resolving things. And you will feel so much better!
Let me know what the Dr says! Maybe he can fit you in early! It is going to be ok! You can't fail when you are working to get the problem fixed-only when you stop working on it!
Hang in there! I love you!
Peanut
Unread 05-04-2001, 08:37 AM
this is a large boat

This is a large boat we're all in. We've all been in the same situation and it's a not a good place to be, which is why we're all here at this great web site, commiserating.

My doc wanted me to have surgery this week, but we have tickets for a long-planned vacation, so I'm waiting until June 4, which means living through another cycle (or perhaps, two).

Have bought my LAST big box of pads and started my LAST period. I hope, but who knows?

It's almost over. Talk to the docs. Know that your husband loves you. And look forward to that glorious time when there will be NO pain and blood and you have the rest of your life to explore each other.

Keep your eyes on that prize!

Take care and let us know how you are doing.
Unread 05-04-2001, 09:11 AM
Hormone OverLoad

I'm on day 35 of bleeding! Tra La! Tra La! I go in June 6 for a TAH/BSO. Let's give each other cyber hugs. I refuse to take any more meds until my day. The bleeding is light. If yours is heavy, my goodness, call the doc. Guess what made me flip a hormonal fight today? It is 85 degress in my upstairs classroom. Period 9 I asked our 7th grade team if I could do this special activity on Monday when it is cooler. It didn't make a difference to everyone except 2 arrogant male teachers. One went ballistic on me, and the other made a sarcastic comment. Well, I told off both of them. I had never done this before! How dare they? They don't have a clue! God sees everything, I figure! I'll let him handle this. I feel so upset, too! Big 40th B-day party tonight! I'll have cosmos!
Unread 05-04-2001, 01:37 PM
just me

wanted to let you all know I went to the doc's almost passed out from the drive but made it there in one peice, got there doc took one look at me and took a blood sample ...said my blood count was low and that I was boarderline aneimic, soooooo whats it all mean, Im on bed rest until the 17th unles by some chance someone cancles and then Ill be going in soon thanks everyone
bren
Unread 05-04-2001, 03:35 PM
Understanding

You are not a bad wife because you couldn't complete making love. Your husband will still love you and will be understanding if you are close.

When you have had your surgery and recovered for the full 6 weeks before you can make love, let me tell you, the pain will be gone. You might have a little tenderness from the surgery, but nothing like what you are feeling now. I am 3 months post-op and it's wonderful. My husband has been extremelly understanding. He waited almost 2-1/2 months before we could make love.

Your hubby will be understanding because he cares about you. Chin up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register