How do you accept Hyst? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do you accept Hyst? How do you accept Hyst?

Unread 05-30-2006, 07:29 PM
How do you accept Hyst?

Oh, yes, I am trying to stay busy....I just finished 8 weeks of Physical Therapy for ankylosing spondylitis, and at the beginning, I thought I'd be glad to be done, but, now I wish I had 3 more weeks 'cause it sure made the time fly.

And I do trust in God....I can look back over my life and know exactly the times when HE carried me....right now, I am emotionally all over the place. I can't seem to make the smallest decisons.

I'm in "flight or flee" mode, and I want to flee!!!!

I guess...it's just frustrating to feel like it is out of my control.......no other options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 07:42 PM
How do you accept Hyst?

Chelle,
Hang in there . ONe thing I have learned from the ladies on this sight is taht the waiting is the hardest part. We have all been and continue to be right where you are. My surgey is the day after yours. Check out the Friends without Faces posts, there is a section for JUne Ladies!! Come join us as we all vent our crazy emotions together! Welcome to the countdown. You are going to do fine...thats what we are all here for.
Unread 05-30-2006, 08:15 PM
How do you accept Hyst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samila
Too graphic? Not hardly, for this site. But that's a good thing. I want to hear the story too. Chelle53 we can be partners for the next three weeks. We're having surgery on the same day. Mine is a TAH. How do we get through this emotionally, I still don't know. And as far as husbands go, does anyone have an extra bottle of conditioner? Just kidding. Chelle53, I guess we'll have to get through thing together.
Oh, my goodness, we are having surgery on the same day?! I do not exactly the type I am having yet. My Gyne is starting with a "Vaginal Exam under a General Anesthesia" to determine if there is enough room to do a TVH, without damaging my colon. He says my pelvic cavity is very small. I am down for a possible BSO, but if he can do the TVH and cannot reach my ovaries, he will leave them. (for next time.)

Sounds good, we'll get through this together.

Frankly, Samila, I would like him to leave them. But, if he has to change procedures, he is taking them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 08:20 PM
How do you accept Hyst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emichal
Chelle,
Hang in there . ONe thing I have learned from the ladies on this sight is taht the waiting is the hardest part. We have all been and continue to be right where you are. My surgey is the day after yours. Check out the Friends without Faces posts, there is a section for JUne Ladies!! Come join us as we all vent our crazy emotions together! Welcome to the countdown. You are going to do fine...thats what we are all here for.
I'm terrible at waiting...when my Gyne asked me when I wanted to do it...I answered, "Yesterday".
Unread 05-30-2006, 08:28 PM
How do you accept Hyst?

Oh, my goodness, we are having surgery on the same day?! I do not know exactly the type I am having yet. My Gyne is starting with a "Vaginal Exam under a General Anesthesia" to determine if there is enough room to do a TVH, without damaging my colon. He says my pelvic cavity is very small. I am down for a possible BSO, but if he can do the TVH and cannot reach my ovaries, he will leave them. (for next time.)

Sounds good, we'll get through this together.

Frankly, Samila, I would like him to leave them. But, if he has to change procedures, he is taking them.
Unread 05-30-2006, 09:37 PM
How do you accept Hyst?

At times it is hard to accept. I keep trying to think about the pathology but when I see a newborn it does really hurt. At least you were able to have a child, I never was able to have one of my own. What really bothered me was when folks would say "well you can always adopt." Hubby would always try to catch them before seeing me because the phrase really upset me, even still does.

Just hang in there. My prayers are with you.

Donna
Unread 05-30-2006, 10:17 PM
How do you accept Hyst?

I love post#8 (vega) Quote!
I sure know I don't want to be where Iam right now. The wait is scary. I feel like I have a guardian angel on the other side, I lost a very close friend to brain cancer this past Nov. after a 2yr battle. I have dreams about her and I feel if anything goes terribly wrong she'll be there for me. That brings me a lot of comfort.So when I am worried I think of her.
Hold on to positive thoughts!
B52canadian
Unread 05-30-2006, 10:41 PM
How do you accept Hyst?

I had a tah in feb. and I battled the same feelings. At 27 it just seemed unfair, and my hubby just kept saying you'll feel better afterwards. DUH I know that much, but my uterus made me superior to him!! That was definetly one thing I could do that he couldn't!! I Finally let him know all about it too!! In the end letting him in on my real feelings helped alot.
Unread 05-30-2006, 11:17 PM
How do you accept Hyst?

I accepted by acting fast. Once the decision was made, I took the earliest surgical date and went for it. I'm only 39 and not ready to face menopause so I decided firmly that I would take estrogen replacement and not allow anyone to frighten me about my decision. That was four weeks ago. I have gotten teary a few times because, although I want no more children, I no longer have a choice and because what makes me distincly female is gone (which is insanity). I had a dear friend who died at 30 with breast cancer leaving three little girls and a doting husband. That is a tragedy, this is a hysterectomy. You'll be fine. Keep your thoughts light. Research HRT and decide ahead of time. I had a patch on when I came out of anesthesia and one ever since, no hot flashes or mood swings, my skin and hair have improved. If you choose no ert or hrt, more power to you, but if you're going to do it, do it from the start - you don't need surgically induced menopause ontop of recovery. Most important, don't second guess your choices about surgery. I have to admit, this far out, this whole thing has been far less dramatic than I ever dreamed. Just don't let yourself fall into the woe is me mode. Too much of that and you'll sling yourself into a full blown depression. This site is great. Keep posting and talking - this place has helped me alot. It made me think for the first time about women who want children and faced this surgery before they had an opportunity to conceive. It also made me aware of the many cancer victims dealing with TAH. Not to be cliche, but count your blessings. I don't know what special hardships you face, but I know there's always someone who has it worse. That works for me, maybe it will help you. Don't forget, no more period! Godspeed.
Unread 05-30-2006, 11:43 PM
I understand...

Hi Chelle53! I'm 45 and have 2 DDs (almost 16 & 8-1/2). I treasured my uterus, etc., their first "home". But, in the realm of things, I was truly blessed, and it served two good purposes. Try to be positive about it. It has bugged me (not that I was ever going to "use" it again), the fact that there's "no way" I could ever carry another baby. I try to focus on how God has and will continue to bless.

Two weeks ago, I had a TAH/BSO with cervex also removed, so I'm one already "on the other side". You will do fine. I, also, HAD not even started menopause...now, however, I "surgically" was put into menopause and am unable to take HRT. As a few other sisters have suggested, pray, pray and again, pray. It is amazing how God can and WILL carry you through this. As someone also said, remember, there is always someone out there that has it worse than I (we) do...Use this site. It is a blessing and so many kind, loving people that DO understand and care. Our DHs don't have a clue, and I think sometimes they may be a bit scared, too, and make light of the matter, trying not to add to our concerns. Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register