Insensitive Reactions from Friends & Family - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Insensitive Reactions from Friends & Family Insensitive Reactions from Friends & Family

Unread 06-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Insensitive Reactions from Friends & Family

I can relate. The people that I talk to think that I'm getting it done laparoscopically and that all hysterectomies are either vaginal or laparoscopic. I'm getting a complete so I'm getting incised and have scar tissue everywhere else wrapped around everything else. They keep telling me my other options. Well, duh! Don't you think I've checked into those before I get sliced open! It's frustrating. You do what you have to do to prepare and take care of yourself, and that includes putting off toxic people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2006, 03:20 PM

My mother had a hysterectomy and she told me I am being a baby because I am not running around after 4 weeks. She had hers vaginally and keep her ovaries, so you can't compare. My mother always thinks she does it better. At work I'm a preschool teacher they didn't understand why I had not visited after 2 weeks.
Unread 06-05-2006, 04:08 PM

You can tell your Mother I had it done vaginally,too. I am a very active 60-year old & after 3 weeks I am being very careful because I want to enjoy this beautiful summer not suffering from complications because I did something foolish. You should be resting at home not visiting work where they will wonder if you are there perhaps you could start work soon!!! Patsy B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emichal
If ignorance was painful, this would be a much better world.

AMEN!
I cannot believe she said that.
What an idiot.
My neighbor stopped by the hospital for 5 minutes to check on me (because she knows I really did not want visitors anyway), She told me she had considered a hysterectomy for fibroids but her husband "would not let" her get one. His opinion was it would make her less of a woman! Now he is a sweet man for a neighbor but now I realize he is a complete idiot. The woman is 50 and he is 62. They won't be having any children together. (they have grown kids from previous marriages) I was floored! I suppose your in-law thinks not you will grow a penis as well?

I told my DH that one of these days I am going to let go and ask the next idiot that has the audacity to spew ignorance from his facial orifice "Do you really want me to express what on imbecile you are or do you find your life more tolerable not being aware of the fecal matter that occupies that space where your brain should be?"
Unread 06-05-2006, 05:19 PM

Movingforward,
Off topic -
I see you have a 2 year old Harley.
I have a 1 1/2 yr old Harley.
What is yours? Mine is a miniature Schnauzer.
Love my Harley!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register