BSO after Hyst. Scared.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BSO after Hyst. Scared.... BSO after Hyst. Scared....

Unread 05-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Unhappy - BSO after Hyst. Scared.... BSO after Hyst. Scared....

Hello sisters. I had my hysterectomy in November and just learned that I get to have a BSO on 6-19. My Hyst was LAVH and the BSO is going to be an open abdominal surgery. I am freaking out. I recovered fairly quickly post-op last time, but since this surgery is an 'open' one, I guess I do not know what to expect. I am only 25, I will be 26 on Saturday , I am going to be going through surgical menopause at 26! I guess I should update on why I have to have this done. I have really bad ov cysts and endo, and after 2 cycles of Depo and realizing that the cysts and endo will not go away, my Dr. has decided that I need the ovaries out. I have had about 20 surgeries in my lifetime but they gave ALL been either laproscopic or cysto. SOOOO, will someone please tell me what to expect as far as the incision/surgery/recovery goes. Is it similar to post-c-section. I did have my last child via cesarean. I am so scared, mainly cause I do not know what is going to happen in comparison to previous surgeries. Thaks for any/all replies. Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2006, 04:49 PM
BSO after Hyst. Scared....

Hi Bearah,
I Had Tah With Bso And I Would Imagine That The Pain Will Be Eqivalent To That Of A C Section. Don't Hesitate To Ask For Pain Meds Or Push The Button If They Give You The Machine To Self Medicate. You Will Be Fine, If You Have Delivered Babies Through Sections You Can Do This. My Prayers Will Be With You! Good Luck And Take Care. Marie
Unread 05-31-2006, 07:20 PM

My body felt the same as a csection as well. Remember to stay on top of the pain with the meds you need and rest.
Good luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2006, 01:20 AM

Thanks. I didn't really have any trouble at all with the c-section, so maybe this will be easy-breezy. (yeah-right:-) Thanks for the replies!
Unread 06-01-2006, 01:42 AM

I have a stupid question, but why can't they do your BSO lap?
Unread 06-01-2006, 11:56 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you need more surgery. I had a hysterectomy in Aug.05 and on May 22,2006 have had a right oophorectomy with an abdominal incision . I am still very sore and I am trying to pace myself with activities, it seems that when you start feeling good and start being active you pay for it. So try and take it easy and be good to yourself.
Kim
Unread 06-01-2006, 01:33 PM

I am in the same boat with Sarah and Kim. I had my hsyt last November and now have a 7x8 cm complex mass on my left ovary. The Gyn had me wate 5 to 6 weeks to see if it would go away on its own. He said he didn't think it would go away without surgery, and only gave me a 1 in 3 chance of not needing the surgery. I will have to have a full incision again and he said to expect 6 weeks of recovery.
I don't have a date yet but looks like my surgery is going to be July. I will know more next week.

Please keep me posted on how you both are doing.
Unread 06-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Lightbulb - BSO after Hyst. Scared.... BSO after Hyst. Scared....

Quote:
Originally Posted by msemidl
I have a stupid question, but why can't they do your BSO lap?
Hi, not a stupid question. They talked about it, but since there are probably adhesions and other scar tissue and the Good Lord only knows what else going on in there, he is going to open me up and make sure he gets all the endo as well as anything else that is causing any of my pain. He said that BSO's post hyst are very rarely done laproscopically because of this. ~ Sarah
Unread 06-08-2006, 10:05 AM

Sarah,
I had 4 c-sections, a TAH in Jan 05, and an RSO in Nov 05. For me the recovery from the RSO via abdominal incision was on par with that of the c-sections. The TAH recovery was a different story. I'm sorry that you are having to go through so much at this point in your life. I hope this surgery allows you to be pain free in the future. Best wishes and take it slow and easy during your recovery to decrease the chances of adhesion formation.
s
Nancy
Unread 06-08-2006, 06:10 PM

I"m having a BSO on June 16th, I had my hyster back in 2000. I hope it's just a lap, not sure, I guess I will find out when I go to pre-op on monday. Good luck to you hun

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register