Message from my mother | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Message from my mother Message from my mother

Unread 06-01-2006, 12:50 AM
Message from my mother

i told her I was very nervous about 20 minutes ago and she says to me "don't be nervous you have the easy part" I couldn't help but laugh. thought maybe someone else would find it funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Message from my mother

You might want to share my story with your mom, About 30 minutes into my hyster, they evacuated the entire floor of the hospital for a fire. My poor mom had to stand on the street outside the hospital for over 2 hours, wondering where I was and if I was okay. After they finally let her back in the building she was told that I was still in surgery and that we never left.
Let your mom know, it could be worse!!!
Unread 06-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Message from my mother

Moms are the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Message from my mother

My mom is coming to CA from TX to help after my surgery. She would absolutely DIE!! if that happened. Knowing my mother she would be storming the surgical wing yelling out my name loike it was time to go home!! (remember those days) gotta love moms..yup! I'll tell her that story!! hehehe
Unread 06-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Message from my mother

I agree...anyone remember Terms of ENdearment...thats my mom(shirley mclaine's character)... actually, she's a cross between that and the mom from Malcom in the Middle.
You didn't get sick in my house, you just didn't. If you did, mom gets po'd and heaven help the doctor that is "just making it worse!"
all joking aside, my mom is the one person I do want next to me that day...I know things will get done correctly, or the doctor will die because my mother will kill him. Its as simple as that.
Unread 06-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Message from my mother

Oh emichal - Priceless! I feel the same way! My DH would be all stoic and say.."so...you left the hemoclamp (made up name) in and it's now causing her to swell to a size of an elephant and she will pop soon..hmm..how do we plan to fix this before she pops?" My mom..."GET IN HERE AND FIX THIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! (while her head is spinning and she spews pea soup and speaks in a man voice) yup- go with mom everytime in a health emergency!! hahaha
Unread 06-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Message from my mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperkat
Oh emichal - Priceless! I feel the same way! My DH would be all stoic and say.."so...you left the hemoclamp (made up name) in and it's now causing her to swell to a size of an elephant and she will pop soon..hmm..how do we plan to fix this before she pops?" My mom..."GET IN HERE AND FIX THIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! (while her head is spinning and she spews pea soup and speaks in a man voice) yup- go with mom everytime in a health emergency!! hahaha
Are we long lost sisters? And what are you doing with my husband? Actually, my DH would ask that question and then tell the Doctor to step aside and HE would fix the problem...he takes do it yourself VERY seriously. he doesn't trust anything unless he built it or "modified" it...you can imagine what my garage looks like.
Unread 06-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Message from my mother

oh Jeez! My DH does the fix it up but forgets to plug in the rechargeable screw-driver!! hahaha I try not to involve myself in his 'projects" because we will get into a huge tiff and i will be honkerblonked at him for several hours. sigh - oh well...
Unread 06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Message from my mother

Hey, I just noticed you are from the Bay Area...went there on my honeymoon. I actually had tickets to go see my friend (she is a professor at San Jose) for June 19th thru the 22nd..but, well take a look at my surgery date and you will see why that little trip had to be cancelled. We are going to try again in August....
What a smalll world!
Unread 06-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Message from my mother

Yep - you'll hav eto let me know when you are coming out..we can introduce our DH's. You should always meet your twin!! *g* Your surgery is 7 days after mine - what are you having done -

me- LSH or LAVH depending on severity of endo. cysts, fibroid, thickened uterine lining - may lose one or both ovaries.

(in the tune of camptoen ladies)...Men-o-pause here I come ..hot flash..night sweats..Men-o-pause here I come..no more period!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register