Message from my mother - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Message from my mother Message from my mother

Unread 06-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Message from my mother

I had a pre-op nurse who probably would be better doing service somewhere else. She was not the best nurse for me to have. She may have since requested a transfer after she met my mother, who was waiting with me before I went to the OR. The poor nurse subsequently caught the devil from my physician as well that afternoon. Throughout my life, my mother has always compared herself to a bear and her children as her cubs and that no one messes with her cubs - even though we are all adults now. She's her own force of nature.

She also makes up words and uses them in sentences. My sisters and I have started a dictionary. This maybe TMI, but depending on your mood, it could be worth it. Somewhere during the course of my surgery and the reference to where my scar was located and the shaving prep that she observed in pre op, my dear mother called my pubic hair, my "curly fries". I have no words. Other than I love her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Message from my mother

Moms are great. Or crazy. or a combination. i know I wouldn't give mine up for the world but it could be because no one would take her!! Love ya mom!! PS. my mom watches the weather channel like it's MTV
Unread 06-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Message from my mother

This was great! thanks for sharing alll your stories...definitely made me smile!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Message from my mother

Oh ladies, I loved your stories! My mom too is the best. I had a great hospital stay and the only thing that would have made it better is if my mom was affilitated with that hospital. And it so true that we become our mothers. But in my case, I am enjoying being more and more like her. We are so close. Every surgery and procedure I have ever have done she has been there (except when I was in Germany, but she accepted EVERY collect call no matter the time or lenght of the conversation). Even when I had to go to Walter Reed Army Hospital in DC (she hates driving in cities) for a cervical biopsy. She is my strength and a my own personal nurse even though this isnt her field. She really got thru to my DH about surgery - before, during, and after. I love her to death.
Unread 06-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Message from my mother

the first day after surgery, I"m "trying" to get out of the hospital bed ( I never was able to get comfortable in that thing!) and the only help from my mother? "come on, toughen up-of course it hurts"

gee...thanks for the sympathy mom! even my Dad called her out on that comment!

but I've gotta give her credit-she wasn't taking no for an answer when the nurse insisted they couldn't give me anything more for pain ( got sick on Vicoden, so I was on Tylenol 3 and advil)-needless to say, I got what I needed!

and she was the only one who could figure out what my drugged silly mouth was trying to say as they got me settle into my room! all I could manage was one word answers but I still messed that up!

they drive us nuts, but we wouldn't trade them!
Unread 06-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Message from my mother

Okay y'all are killing me!! I just got my staples out yesterday! All 22 of them! I know, I know, I don't HAVE to read these funnies...but I got started and couldnt stop!!!

Oh the stories I have endured about my mom's hysterectomy 37 years ago! She couldnt believe they were sending me home after 2 days, she stayed a week! Should I be walking around??? Her incision came open when she walked around and she had to have it packed everyday...GAS X!!! YOU are taking GAS X...I had to have a tube put down my nose to my stomach to let the gas out...and it got stopped up...Oh my...If there is a horrible circumstance surrounding what is going on, she is going to think of it and tell you!!!
Unread 06-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Message from my mother

I have decided that all of our mothers walked uphill 5 miles in the snow in short skirts no less everyday prior to the one we''re on..while we wouldn't give them up for the world..Oh the stories we can tell....however, the most moving one I have is when my grandfather had a massive stroke and was being put into a nursing home..I called her brother and asked about mom. He was very quiet and then said..you know Tracy, it's tough...I caught a flight out that afternoon and flew back to TX and drove over an hour to get to their town and pulled up right as they were bringing my Pawpaw in. I walked up and mom looked at me and collapsed in my arms and said.."you're here, oh my God, you're here" and cried. It was so touching to finally be there for her. A few hours later my sister drove up from San Antonio. She siad something told her she needed to come. We didn't know she was coming either. It's in moments like these..when family needs strength, when children are in pain, and when we just need a Mommie or Tracy "hug" that I pray thanks to God that I have such a woman there for me.

however, before i get too choked up here...This is still the woman who drank shots in Brussels to get a matching set of 8, yes, count 'em, 8 shot glasses!! Go Mom!!! I still hold that one over her head..and i DO know what happened to the cookoo clock!!
Unread 06-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Message from my mother

Yes, I will hand it to my mom, when you need her she is really there. My mom is semi psychic. She is one of those moms who will call in the morning and say,"What was wrong last nite at 6pm?" I will then have to tell her that I was bawling uncontrollably and hiding in the closet because I had too many towels to fold and they wouldn't stack properly (true story!). Does she laugh? No, she says, "Oh, honey. I knew something was going on, I just felt it. I know how that can be. Do you want me to come fold the towels for you?" Gotta love mom, she may have passed her insanity on to me, but she is definitely very understanding about it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register