Question about Adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about Adenomyosis Question about Adenomyosis

Unread 06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Question about Adenomyosis

I had a long talk w/my doctor over the phone today & I feel she is FINALLY starting to listen to me! I told her I have done A LOT of research and I have a lot all the symptoms of Adenomyosis & asked if she would order an MRI so we can check that out. She said that Adenomyosis in patients that have never been pregnant is very rare because it is usually caused by the uterus expanding, etc. etc.

Do you all agree w/that? I didn't see anything that suggested that in my research. I did see that it's more common in those that have been pregnant, but not that it was "rare" for those that haven't been.

I would love to hear opinions on this. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2006, 07:10 PM

Hi,

I'm really not sure, but I think I remember hearing that it is more common in women who have had c-sections or uterine surgery. I also have endometriosis and wonder if there is a connection. I've had uterine surgery, but no c-section.
Unread 06-01-2006, 10:44 PM

I had adenomysis and I've never been pregnant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2006, 08:18 PM

I have also read where it is more commonly seen in those who have been pregnant. But I am proof that it can and does happen with those who have never been pregnant. My adenomya was thought to be a fibroid but the doctor said it was adenomyosis. I did have other fibroids that were removed. If expanding of the uterus is a contributor then for me perhaps the fibroids expanding my uterus set me up for it?
Unread 06-03-2006, 08:25 PM

I had adeno after pregnancies, no c-sections and no uterine surgeries. It was dxd with vaginal ultrasound. The toughest to convince was the insurance company as they wanted me treated like I had endo. I finally had a vag TAH yesterday! I had been fighting with them for over a year.
Unread 06-04-2006, 12:16 AM

I researched andenomyosis too. Most up to date reports said it is often caused by a compromised uterus- I had an emergency c-section with my 2nd child. My sister perforated her uterus with an IUD and ended up with adeno and a hyst.My gyn dismissed these thoughts and disagreed .Still a little too coinsidental for my liking(2 other sisters also had hysts in their 30s and 40s due to enlarged uteruses,not fibroids yet doc also didn't believe it runs in families) My girlfriend is froma large family of 7 and all the girls ended up with uterine problems and hysts. Guss theres still a lot of research to do ! Maybe the docs should be visiting this site!
Unread 06-06-2006, 05:06 AM

it was a complete shock to me to find I had adenomyosis(found out with my path report) I`ve never had a C-section or any uterine trauma,just 2 pregnancies...........I did find out in my research that adenomyosis is VERY common in women between the ages of 40-45..........best of luck to you ,Renee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register